IGNORED

The response!

Rocky

6 minutes ago, Slack said:

I can see why fans are so annoyed, we believed in the current project despite results. If the club came out saying we aren't renewing Nige so we've cut ties as we have our candidate lined up and had to act now.. 

Well we may not like it but atleast there's a plan 

There were a few on here that saw Nige as the starting point, myself included. I thought he would be given a chance to get things sorted throughout the Club, get some direction and a sound footing in place , before someone else came in to continue the work. I was thinking another year, with backing from the Club and we would be in a good place. 

There could have been a succession plan. As you say , if they come out and said we want to thank Nige , but we feel now is the time for a younger man (or whatever excuse) to kick on. I think we could have accepted it a little more.
Instead we get a cowardly sacking with a bullshit excuse.

• Like 7
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Tinnion interview for me is worse than the one from JL. We all know JL isn't the best in front of the camera.  But Tins.....really? You've essentially praised ALL of the work that Nige has done over the last couple of years.....without acknowledging his actual existence, and then admitted that we've been undone by an horrendous injury record. 

And yet he's been sacked. 

Side note, didn't Swindon sack Macari in the 80's only for him to be reinstated after the fans revolted? Different times! 

It'd never happen but honestly that's my favourite end scenario here.

Shame that taking into account all the time it took to plan/script/record these that one of them (JL / Tinnion) couldn't also find just 30m to go on the radio last night and speak to the fans directly when specifically asked to.

Hey ho.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 2
  • Flames 4

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

I can’t stand to listen to this bumbling mess, so will just read other people’s reactions.

Look at the state of him for Christ sake, he’s meant to be a chairman of a championship professional football club and dresses like a lazy Sunday!

Aways looks like he’s gonna burst into tears. Way out of his depth.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

It was a pointless interview response from JL. But you know what angers me most from his comments, he's saying that all supporters will be backing their team team, and quite rightly we should, as we want our team to do well, and it's not the players fault. But by what he implied there was, its business as usual and the problem will go away. We'll, think again JL. The best form of protest against the board would be, to sing Nigel Pearsons name continually for 90 mins

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My take away is the sacked Pearson because they believe we have a team that should be competing at the top end of the league.

What ******* planet are they living on? 

That's just an excuse. One they've been waiting to implement for a while no doubt. 

It's becoming clear they want to revert to a head coach, and one that answers to Brian Tinnion ffs. You couldn't make this up. 

I cannot believe how utterly clueless the Lansdowns are. Its staggering how they don't learn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I’m glad we are looking for a progressive, front foot, pressing coach. 
Most other clubs are looking for regressive, back foot, non-pressing coaches. 
So firstly, those words are just nonsense. 

Regards the playing style. Jon refers to us now having an identity that the new manager will be recruited into. 
And specifically that this is the first time they’ve had that clear vision. 

One thing - who has been responsible for implementing that vision throughout the club? 
Well, I’ve seen a very stylish document that explains the philosophy. It was put together when Gould was here and he told me that it was driven by Nigel. 

So, I guess it would have been nice for Nigel’s work on implementing the club philosophy to have been acknowledged.

Regards our ambition. I don’t know a single fan who had any expectations of promotion this season, so their ambition is very different to 99% of the fanbase.

But given this is their ambition and there is still 2/3rds of the season left, I am now fully expecting promotion and the new manager and the board will now be judged by me on this clear goal. 

If we don’t get promoted this season then I will now see it as a massive failure - and I will be blaming Jon. 

Wasnt LJ supposed to have been doing this??? The identity? The project? The dna? the umm clubs in the bag? It really looks like they make it all up as they go along.

• Like 1

The Tinnion interview just looks to me like he is trying to remember what he HAS to say for his answers, none of it is free flowing answers whatsoever. Also seems to me that he's basically saying Rennie has had to take the blame and responsibility for the injuries we have and that is due to Pearsons training. 

I assume Tins and Jon only agreed to the pathetic questioning with no follow ups, the interviewer should be gone too if he has agreed to that complete nonsense.

1 minute ago, Three Lions said:

Wasnt LJ supposed to have been doing this??? The identity? The project? The dna? the umm clubs in the bag? It really looks like they make it all up as they go along.

The 5 pillars?

They are desperate for a head coach to retain control of the playing side. 

They now think they've cracked it with Tinnion. Tinnion being de facto manager and one they can influence. 

• Like 1

Is that it? I genuinely assumed that was the edited “highlights” and looked for the full interview.

No praise of NP, which is disgusting. Pleading with the fans to back the team on Saturday (i.e. Please don’t spend 90 minutes shouting at me and Daddy). 

The two comments that made me most angry were his comments about the quality of the squad and that they have a clear idea of the type of manager they want for the “first time”. 

I honestly wonder if the comms department released the video to stitch him up. Because if everyone signed off on that video we are in much bigger trouble than I imagined. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t want to take the piss if he has some sort of neurological disorder, but is it me or does he struggle to string a sentence together?

The real world might have done him some good. 

The best thing a billionaire can do for his son is not give him a penny and make him find his own way, stand on his own two feet.

An incredibly tough thing for a father to do, and easy for me to say, but the result if you don't is there for all to see.

Years ago, I worked with someone who'd been at Hargreaves Lansdown and they described him as nice but useless and only in the job because of his Dad.

Their opinion was certainly on the money.  

11 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The 5 pillars?

They are desperate for a head coach to retain control of the playing side. 

They now think they've cracked it with Tinnion. Tinnion being de facto manager and one they can influence. 

And the five pillars. i think that shows you are not in control when the club keeps going through multiple ways to control if that make sense. The club hasnt done long terms and the money was given to LJ to create huge squads with recruitment all over the place and a team going through bullshit non identities short passing to long ball week to week!!!

Edited by Three Lions

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I’m glad we are looking for a progressive, front foot, pressing coach. 
Most other clubs are looking for regressive, back foot, non-pressing coaches. 
So firstly, those words are just nonsense. 

Regards the playing style. Jon refers to us now having an identity that the new manager will be recruited into. 
And specifically that this is the first time they’ve had that clear vision. 
One thing - who has been responsible for implementing that vision throughout the club? 
Well, I’ve seen a very stylish document that explains the philosophy. It was put together when Gould was here and he told me that it was driven by Nigel. 

So, I guess it would have been nice for Nigel’s work on implementing the club philosophy to have been acknowledged.

Regards our ambition. I don’t know a single fan who had any expectations of promotion this season, so their ambition is very different to 99% of the fanbase.

But given this is their ambition and there is still 2/3rds of the season left, I am now fully expecting promotion and the new manager and the board will now be judged by me on this clear goal. 

If we don’t get promoted this season then I will now see it as a massive failure - and I will be blaming Jon. 

Top,top post Harry.👏👏👏

Ok so the question from me here is based off this line that Tinns repeats. The head coach who comes in needs to be able to play the way WE want as a football club. 

Why. 

No. Bring in a head coach with their own philosophy to how to compete at the top end of the table and be successful with that group of players. Why? Because they are head coaches and none of you lot on the board are. What happens if they come in and look at the squad and realise they can't extract that brand of football from them?  I'd bet my house that if we got promoted purely by playing long ball, horrible Warnock-esq football nobody at the top is going to give two flying ****s and they'll take all the congratulations and plaudits on their way to Anfield/Old Trafford etc next season. 
If you want pretty, fast flowing, silky football maybe you shouldn't have sold Scott Semenyo and co. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

This is nothing, 1980 - 1983 knocks all this into a cocked-hat

That is true. A little perspective can be very helpful.

Although it doesn't change the fact the people running our club have sh1t for brains. Deep pockets but nowt up top. 

We knew that already though. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels