IGNORED

Ultimate Poll: Pearson, Lansdown and the board

ChippenhamRed

Ultimate Poll: Pearson, Lansdown and the board  

847 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yes, the reaction of people on here since the sacking isn't giving much away.

To be fair, a vocal minority can often give the wrong impression. On the Poll of whether Pearson should get a new contract less than 4% have voted no but posts arguing that he shouldn't were in the range 15-20%.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

At the time of writing, more than half of the tiny percentage voting for Lansdown to stay don't actually trust him to make the right decision.

That is quite staggering.

Our track record with managers isn't exactly great is it, so it's not surprising if people don't have confidence in the next appointment being the "right one".

However, they may have many other valid reasons for wanting SL to remain at the club.

What is really staggering, as you put it, is the amount of one eyed people there are on this forum.

23 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I pity the people who are voting yes to Q2 and not yes to Q3, what a sad state of affairs

I suppose the argument there is that Lansdown’s ownership gives us financial stability for the long term - but that he needs to appoint a better qualified board capable of making better decisions. Not, for example, his own son.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Atticus said:

For the last question. 

I actually answered promotion as that's clearly the remit set by Lansdown. 

Weren't sure if you meant what did I think before he said this or after. 

What Lansdown or anyone else said shouldn’t make any difference to your answer. That question is about your own perception of what the squad is capable of this season, to see if our expectations as supporters align with the board’s.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What Lansdown or anyone else said shouldn’t make any difference to your answer. That question is about your own perception of what the squad is capable of this season, to see if our expectations as supporters align with the board’s.

Then minus 1 from promotion of that last answer

25 minutes ago, Atticus said:

For the last question. 

I actually answered promotion as that's clearly the remit set by Lansdown. 

Weren't sure if you meant what did I think before he said this or after. 

Same here. 

Jon Lansdown and Brian Tinnion have both said they got rid of Pearson because the squad is good enough to challenge for promotion so I feel we as fans should hold their feet to the fire on that. They've set an expectation and I want them both to take full accountability in May if we haven't delivered. 

Anything less than play offs now isn't good enough. 

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 6

Q2 and Q3 are the interesting ones for me.

Over the last few years the group of friends I go with have started to lose confidence we'll be more than a mid table Championship club under Lansdown's ownership. The sacking of Pearson has only cemented that view for us all.

Personally I'm feeling more despondent than ever and the my thoughts re new ownership has certainly tipped toward excited and away from wary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

To be fair, a vocal minority can often give the wrong impression. On the Poll of whether Pearson should get a new contract less than 4% have voted no but posts arguing that he shouldn't were in the range 15-20%.

This is exactly why I think it was important to make the poll anonymous. I think people would understandably be reluctant to vote publicly if their opinion was swimming against the tide. We get a more accurate result this way I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ooRya said:

Our track record with managers isn't exactly great is it, so it's not surprising if people don't have confidence in the next appointment being the "right one".

However, they may have many other valid reasons for wanting SL to remain at the club.

What is really staggering, as you put it, is the amount of one eyed people there are on this forum.

Assuming the people voting represent a reasonable cross section of the population some will be educated, some down the middle and a few as thick as mince the fact that the overwhelming majority are reaching the same conclusion is interesting unless you believe majority opinion is only for the uneducated masses and only the few get it.

57 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only 4% of fans trusting the board to make good decisions in the best interests of the club is staggering. 

So I voted "No" on that one.

But only because it's not nuanced enough.

Commercially I do broadly trust them. I think as a business we're doing pretty well, and there seem to be broadly decent decisions being made "in the interests of the club". Some wrinkles with kit and suppliers, but it's ok.

On other issues though. No. I don't trust the governance, I don't think the board are unfettered in their decision making, I suspect if you dig deep there are probably some pretty flagrant branches of statutory director duties.

I also don't trust their judgement regarding personnel appointments. Not only do I think they should not have sacked Pearson, but I've questions over the CEO/COO role, over the involvement of Bristol Sport officials and how much oversight employees of that company have, and other issues.

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Glad I did the poll. Good to get some objective data to go alongside the general feel on the forum.

Is it objective though? Feelings are high right now. There's a lot of reaction, and opinions are heavily influenced by very recent events.

I voted top half as it feels like we are or were building and rebuilding well.

Shame there wasn't an option of tilt at playoffs but even then I'd only have said yes maybe if we had a fair availability record ie few injuries, luck in general plus a dodgy penalty or two or daft deflection in falling our way wouldn't go amiss.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous