IGNORED

Ultimate Poll: Pearson, Lansdown and the board

ChippenhamRed

Ultimate Poll: Pearson, Lansdown and the board  

847 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, Roe said:

We have a worse squad than this time last year so it's absolutely crazy to say we should be getting promotion 😂

This is a very interesting point.

This time last year we had DaSilva (we released), Scott (We Sold), Semenyo (We Sold), Massengo (We released), Kalas (We released), Martin (we sold), Bentley (we sold)

Granted Massengo didn't want to stay and the two youngsters we were happy to sell for money, it was our choice to release DaSilva, and Kalas and we decided to sell the others.

Semenyo and Scott aside, we've added in 7 players.

No we have not got in better players than Scott and Semenyo, but if you feel we've let go better than we've brought in, then you are of the opinion, that we should be finishing lower than 14th this year, and which that means the recruitment has been poor, and the management were not leading us in a positive direction. 

I'm sure when we signed the 7 players, we weren't thinking oh, these aren't as good as the players we're letting go, so lets spend 5m+ on them and watch us regress!

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

I voted for Lansdown to remain as owner, but mainly because of who might buy the club. We could end up with someone like Vincent Tan or that bloke who bought Hull and wanted to change the name to Hull Tigers. Or the criminals who bought Newcastle. Lansdown made a massive mistake with sacking Pearson, but he's still better than many of the owners in the league

Both of whom saw their team in the PL and although relegated, remain firmly above us in the Championship. And their hair-brain ideas got rejected by the fans. 
Equally we may get a Tony Bloom or Matthew Blenham who actually know what they're doing (or employ others who do).

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

This time last year we had DaSilva (we released), Scott (We Sold), Semenyo (We Sold), Massengo (We released), Kalas (We released), Martin (we sold), Bentley (we sold)

Granted Massengo didn't want to stay and the two youngsters we were happy to sell for money, it was our choice to release DaSilva, and Kalas and we decided to sell the others.

No we have not got in better players than Scott and Semenyo, but if you feel we've let go better than we've brought in, then you are of the opinion, that we should be finishing lower than 14th this year, and which that means the recruitment has been poor, and the management were not leading us in a positive direction. 

I'm sure when we signed the 7 players, we weren't thinking oh, these aren't as good as the players we're letting go, so lets spend 5m+ on them and watch us regress!

We are spending less and are seeking to recruit using that remit.

Semenyo money helped with FFP, but the wage bill has been on a sliding scale since summer 2021. Then that failure to reinvest much of the Scott money at all so far.

Key positions:

GK

Bentley OUT

Hakin IN then OUT

RB type thing

McCrorie IN Wilson OUT

Net zero

McCrorie not get kicked a ball owing to illness and injury.

CB

For varied reasons

Dickie IN

Kalas, Klose, Baker OUT

One light probably on balance

LB

Roberts IN

DaSilva OUT

Midfield

Gardner-Hickman, Knight IN

Massengo, Scott OUT

Same but less experience and Scott speaks for himself. Nothing close to  direct replacement dynamism wise.

Wide players and or forward type players:

Cornick, Mehmeti IN

Semenyo, Martin OUT

Numerically alone 3 down, that's before we even analyse cost, experience etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

On 31/10/2023 at 12:47, Ian M said:

To be fair, a vocal minority can often give the wrong impression. On the Poll of whether Pearson should get a new contract less than 4% have voted no but posts arguing that he shouldn't were in the range 15-20%.

I don’t think this is just the vocal minority this time. I would normally fall into the optimistic category otherwise know on here as a “Happy Clapper”. But this whole debacle has left me feeling that it’s time for the Lansdowns to cut their losses and move on.

It isn’t just the sacking of Nigel Pearson but lying about it, who has ever been promoted by the end of October? This is compounded yesterday with a joke of an interview with Brian Tinnion. What self respecting manager/coach  will accept those term, not one with a pedigree I’m sure.

No this time the vocal minority is expanding and the bitterness it will cause will tarnish Steve Lansdowns legacy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Cornick over Martin is the only actual improvement imo. 

I like most of the new signings but it's just so delusional if they really expected them to all bed in immediately and be better than the established championship players we had before. 

All of the others mentioned absolutely stroll back into the first team here

• Admin
16 minutes ago, numbeast said:

I don’t think this is just the vocal minority this time. I would normally fall into the optimistic category otherwise know on here as a “Happy Clapper”. But this whole debacle has left me feeling that it’s time for the Lansdowns to cut their losses and move on.

It isn’t just the sacking of Nigel Pearson but lying about it, who has ever been promoted by the end of October? This is compounded yesterday with a joke of an interview with Brian Tinnion. What self respecting manager/coach  will accept those term, not one with a pedigree I’m sure.

No this time the vocal minority is expanding and the bitterness it will cause will tarnish Steve Lansdowns legacy.

I think the vocal minority now are those who continue to support the current regime.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We are spending less and are seeking to recruit using that remit.

Semenyo money helped with FFP, but the wage bill has been on a sliding scale since summer 2021. Then that failure to reinvest much of the Scott money at all so far.

Key positions:

GK

Bentley OUT

Hakin IN then OUT

RB type thing

McCrorie IN Wilson OUT

Net zero

McCrorie not get kicked a ball owing to illness and injury.

CB

For varied reasons

Dickie IN

Kalas, Klose, Baker OUT

One light probably on balance

LB

Roberts IN

DaSilva OUT

Midfield

Gardner-Hickman, Knight IN

Massengo, Scott OUT

Same but less experience and Scott speaks for himself. Nothing close to  direct replacement dynamism wise.

Wide players and or forward type players:

Cornick, Mehmeti IN

Semenyo, Martin OUT

Numerically alone 3 down, that's before we even analyse cost, experience etc.

Good response Mr P.

Was simply gonna say - because of the restricted budget, that’s why we didn’t keep certain players, because we couldn’t afford to keep them (in the main).

On 31/10/2023 at 16:27, Davefevs said:

That was the clincher for me.  You’ll know I’m not a fan of SL / JL and the way they’d ran the club, but the Phil Alexander interview on SOTC was more of a hostage interview than JL’s / BT’s today, which followed Nige’s comments about being at the top of our budget.

It didn’t add up, it felt personal, making it unnecessarily difficult for Nige…and that means they do not have the best interests of the club at heart.  If they’d come out and explained it, I might not have liked it, but I could’ve got my head around it, rationalised it.  They just don’t give a toss about us fans. 

quite glad about that

On 31/10/2023 at 16:27, Davefevs said:

That was the clincher for me.  You’ll know I’m not a fan of SL / JL and the way they’d ran the club, but the Phil Alexander interview on SOTC was more of a hostage interview than JL’s / BT’s today, which followed Nige’s comments about being at the top of our budget.

It didn’t add up, it felt personal, making it unnecessarily difficult for Nige…and that means they do not have the best interests of the club at heart.  If they’d come out and explained it, I might not have liked it, but I could’ve got my head around it, rationalised it.  They just don’t give a toss about us fans. 

One of the simplest, but best posts that you have made, Dave. 

No ****ing graphs needed to explain this one.

(That's not a dig, btw 👍)

• Thanks 1

No, no, no, top half was how I voted the other day. It’s also how I feel today and how I will vote at the end of the season. 

The Lansdowns and Tinnion take us all for absolute mugs, nothing’s clearer than that after watching those interviews yesterday, the propaganda videos of the injured suddenly rising from the treatment table, and even the Bristol Sport bots on here.

It takes the piss that they think so lowly of us fans, to the extent that we will stomach any decision they make, swallow every word they speak, and even be swayed by Russian-style influencers.

There’s a real arrogant complacency stemming from board level and it stinks. But I see through it and I won’t be swayed come what May. Their time is up and deep down I bet they know it.

• Thanks 2
  • Flames 5

7 minutes ago, tin said:

No, no, no, top half was how I voted the other day. It’s also how I feel today and how I will vote at the end of the season. 

The Lansdowns and Tinnion take us all for absolute mugs, nothing’s clearer than that after watching those interviews yesterday, the propaganda videos of the injured suddenly rising from the treatment table, and even the Bristol Sport bots on here.

It takes the piss that they think so lowly of us fans, to the extent that we will stomach any decision they make, swallow every word they speak, and even be swayed by Russian-style influencers.

There’s a real arrogant complacency stemming from board level and it stinks. But I see through it and I won’t be swayed come what May. Their time is up and deep down I bet they know it.

Superb post. And not the first from you. 

Let the sheep follow. I won't be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, tin said:

And a certain poster has implied that, if we no longer support the club under these dictators, we shouldn't post on here any more. 

I will not give the Lansdowns another penny of my money, but I will stay on here as a voice against them until they leave.

There are plenty of posters on here who have been warning against them for years. I only wish that I had been more vociferous in my agreement.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

Jon Lansdown has pretty much said Nige got the boot as results were not good enough...

Let's run the situation past his Dad as if we were talking about Hargreaves Lansdown. I may well be off the mark here🤣 but I think if you had 25 office staff and 12 were absent for a month with illness, as an educated guess, you may not hit your managerial targets  😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

On 31/10/2023 at 12:19, ChippenhamRed said:

I thought it would be interesting to formally gauge fan opinion on the state of the club at this point in time.

The question about whether BCFC were right to sack Nige was difficult to answer. I don't know all the facts and don't know what part his health issues came into it.

Only time will tell exactly what the underlying situation is but entirely on the face of it- it was wrong. Either too soon or too late. The timing was ridiculous imo but there's always a possible unknown. The statement that it was down to results alone is a damn lie.

• Like 1

757 votes on this poll now. Many thanks everyone. That’s a very credible and statistically significant sample size relative to our average home crowd.

The results, while of course heavily influenced by recent events, are damning for Lansdown and the board. I do hope they see them - and perhaps consider the importance of bringing the supporters with them in their stewardship of our club.

I intend to run the poll again at the end of the season.

• Like 3