IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

4 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Been giving this some thought and the club seem to have tried all kinds of different coaching setups so i think the only one left to try is the junior football coaching model where one of the players parents steps up into the role.

Thoughts? 🤔

Mickey Bell then …..

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not yet. But didn’t he and Tinnion have a bit of a falling out over the transfer of Mini Mac to Hibs? 

I remember the snarky comment on twitter, was there anything else beyond that? Wouldn't think that would warrant an actual falling out but no clue if anything happened behind doors.

Don’t shoot the messenger but my money is on a foreign coach, probably German, I have no ITK knowledge other than I think it would be easier for a foreign coach to work under Tinnion.

I see a real problem for an English coach to agree to do that.

4 minutes ago, RobinTuga said:

I remember the snarky comment on twitter, was there anything else beyond that? Wouldn't think that would warrant an actual falling out but no clue if anything happened behind doors.

He’s been back watching games at the HPC, but I don’t think he was invited in for a brew.

Would be very surprised if he was being considered.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I honestly think the only chance for the foreseeable of promotion for a non Parachute Payments club will be the playoffs.

From 2019-20 to present, just 1 side has broken the top 2 who aren't in receipt of Parachute Payments which was Bielsa's Leeds in 2019-20.

Ipswich may yet split this but do they have the longevity. If not, Leeds especially will step up.

to be honest the most likely scenario is us finishing 12th and everyone above us being disqualified 

36 minutes ago, Mr Yoda said:

German coaches.....Enrico Maaßen was sacked by Augsburg a week or two back. He was highly thought after at Dortmund before that. Would be really random mind.

Mainz sacked Bo Svensson today.

He was extremely highly rated there outperforming both Klopp & Tuchel in their spells there until this season.

I don’t know anywhere near enough about European coaches to have an expert view, but when Brighton appointed De Zerbi the other guy in the frame was at Bodo Glimt in Norway Kjetil Knudsen, he’s still there & they are running away with the league again..

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but my money is on a foreign coach, probably German, I have no ITK knowledge other than I think it would be easier for a foreign coach to work under Tinnion.

I see a real problem for an English coach to agree to do that.

Yes, the Director of Football role is more common in Europe. That could fit.

The question then is, does Tinnion have the range of contacts.  A European coach might want one or two he knows, from Europe.

Does he have the credibility in said foreign market?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I think they’re gonna go big.

They want to sell, premier would attract more money. Realised it’s not happening with NP. Got rid in time for new guy to take stock of existing players before Jan window. Free(ish) reign to buy whoever. Big push for promotion. 
🙏🙏🙏

7 minutes ago, QuedgeRed said:

I think they’re gonna go big.

They want to sell, premier would attract more money. Realised it’s not happening with NP. Got rid in time for new guy to take stock of existing players before Jan window. Free(ish) reign to buy whoever. Big push for promotion. 
🙏🙏🙏

They didn't give Nige a chance!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well done lads, correct country 👏 

Although I have an open mind about a foreign head coach, I would have some concerns regarding recruitment.

Our scouting and recruitment has always been open to criticism and somebody from overseas would likely have the disadvantage of not knowing as much about those playing in this country, I would therefore anticipate they’d need to rely upon others to help inform recruitment decisions.

Of course, what they would have is a good understanding of players who are not currently playing in this country…….