IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is this an unusual type of email? Or is it quite common that the lounge is off limits?

It came before the game, we've never had the email before but there has been a change of management and the new staff member has said we will get more information like this in the future because we should have in the past about the lounge. But at the game the person said we could make our own mind up about what it was for, very strongly suggesting it was what we thought. It very specifically said Monday morning for filming.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RobinTuga said:

People need to not focus as much on the betting odds, at the end of the day they matter very little. Like try to think about it for just a bit, why on earth would Still leave Reims, where he currently them in the european spots and was backed massively this summer with multiple 10 million pound signings, to come to a mid table Championship club that has been cutting costs for a few years?

Let's be serious now.

Stepping stone to the premier league?

15 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

André Villas-Boas 👀

This is really weird, I haven’t seen the tweet referred to (and the other poster is correct he wants to replace PdC as President of FC Porto he is not going back into management) but I woke up this morning to a DM on Twitter from a Portuguese football account I follow wanting to put what appears to be a journalist in touch with me to ask questions about “Bristol”. It’s all a bit cryptic as in his initial message he says he is following up a story from England and asking about the salary of the Bristol trainer job. He hasn’t replied for an hour though so I don’t know what it’s about.

I’m still Pearson in so I don’t care.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

18 minutes ago, Olé said:

This is really weird, I haven’t seen the tweet referred to (and the other poster is correct he wants to replace PdC as President of FC Porto he is not going back into management) but I woke up this morning to a DM on Twitter from a Portuguese football account I follow wanting to put what appears to be a journalist in touch with me to ask questions about “Bristol”. It’s all a bit cryptic as in his initial message he says he is following up a story from England and asking about the salary of the Bristol trainer job. He hasn’t replied for an hour though so I don’t know what it’s about.

The Twitter account hasn’t t got that many follower, but I did some digging and the person this has come from has 8k on Instagram. Looking like he’s a photographer and has worked on movies. So random there could be something in it. 

Edited by Ghost Rider

I can’t help wondering if the fact an appointment seems to be imminent but word of who hasn’t leaked may mean it is a name none of us have considered with a background outside of English football.

For better or worse, I’m start to expect a Danish, Belgian or Austrian coach I have never heard of with a moderately successful background in their respective country…

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I can’t help wondering if the fact an appointment seems to be imminent but word of who hasn’t leaked may mean it is a name none of us have considered with a background outside of English football.

For better or worse, I’m start to expect a Danish, Belgian or Austrian coach I have never heard of with a moderately successful background in their respective country…

If it’s a foreign coach I’d bet it’ll be a Spaniard 

25 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It’s surprising that we’re seemingly announcing tomorrow and we’re so unsure. Club keeping their secrets well! 

Shags come home!

The betting companies seem to be linking their odds to what is said on here.

Kind of inside trading really. Maybe OTIB should get a gaming licence and betting business, spread false rumours and spend the resulting profits on a big day out at Weston?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Olé said:

Carlos Carvalhal.

Kid is quite sure there is a German connection, without the new incumbent actually being German.

Oliver Glasner (Austrian) would be amazing, but surely out of our league,

When he left Eintracht Frankfurt, I was pretty sure he would get another job in the Bundesliga, but he has now been without a club since the end of last season.

Bo Svennson (Danish) has only very recently left Mainz, although surely he could get a better position than with us.

Additionally, someone mentioned earlier that we might need a translator for our new HC, which wouldn’t be the case here as his English is excellent.

In short, I should be delighted with either, but am extremely sceptical that we will get one of them.

26 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Stepping stone to the premier league?

Doing well in a top 5 league is his stepping stone, he's had a meteoric rise and so far with no prospects of slowing down (as another posted pointed out, he could literally be in a Champions League spot in a few hours if Reims beat Nantes). At this point I don't think he needs the Championship to get to the Premier League and at worst I could see him taking over one of the relegated teams next summer where he'll be backed strongly.

We're just not that club for that sort of ambition, as much as Junior might think otherwise with the top 6 talk.

Edited by RobinTuga
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Kid is quite sure there is a German connection, 

David Wagner will shortly be available.

Watching Norwich 0-3 down to Blackburn after only 50 minutes and the sky camera went to Delia..  haven't seen her so angry since one of her soufflés failed to rise on live TV.

• Haha 8
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Kid is quite sure there is a German connection, without the new incumbent actually being German.

When he left Eintracht Frankfurt, I was pretty sure he would get another job in the Bundesliga, but he has now been without a club since the end of last season.

Bo Svennson (Danish) has only very recently left Mainz, although surely he could get a better position than with us.

Additionally, someone mentioned earlier that we might need a translator for our new HC, which wouldn’t be the case here as his English is excellent.

In short, I should be delighted with either, but am extremely sceptical that we will get one of them.

Fabian Hürzeler Is the manager of St Pauli and doing a fantastic job there with them. Name has been mentioned for other jobs lately. 

2 minutes ago, redpole said:

Fabian Hürzeler Is the manager of St Pauli and doing a fantastic job there with them. Name has been mentioned for other jobs lately. 

Indeed, but he is German.

Kid suggested a German connection, and my assumption (always assuming, of course, that Kid is correct 😉) was that the new incumbent has coached in Germany, but isn’t a German national.

Additionally, FH is currently employed, which would entail compensation.

4 minutes ago, Zuni said:

Jesse Marsch ticks most of these boxes.

But not the translator part

earlier post: Additionally, someone mentioned earlier that we might need a translator for our new HC, which wouldn’t be the case here as his English is excellent.

Edited by daored

21 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It’s not Glasner.

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, but he is German.

Kid suggested a German connection, and my assumption (always assuming, of course, that Kid is correct 😉) was that the new incumbent has coached in Germany, but isn’t a German national.

Additionally, FH is currently employed, which would entail compensation.

He’s American, not German.