IGNORED

What is for sale….?

bcfcredandwhite

7 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

… are the Lansdowns selling the whole Bristol Sport empire, or just Bristol City Football Club?

If it’s just the club then we presumably will have to rent Ashton Gate from Bristol Sport?

That’s not a good thing. We could end up like Coventry and their Ricoh ground. 

Whole Bristol Sport “empire”.  Football Club, Stadium, Rugby, etc, etc.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What slightly concerns me is the potential for that to be broken up.

My understanding is that SL’s current intention is that the terms of any sale include whatever is necessary (contracts, covenants, corporate structures) to ensure that it can’t be broken up.

I assume that affects the price.

If he reaches Sheffield Wednesday owner levels of being pissed off with the whole thing, and with moaning fans etc etc, is there a risk that he decides he just wants rid whatever. And doesn’t worry if that means removing any provisions to ensure that it can’t be broken up?

Because, appealing though his departure clearly is to many, if it was on that basis then we could very much regret that in years to come.

(And no, I’m not Steve L!!)

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think (as probably discussed on here time and time again) that the whole 'package' /empire of Bristol Sport is unattractive to investors. If it was as simple as just BCFC with the HPC & AG, SL would likely have found his man/woman/consortium by now.

The only hope is you get someone ultra rich who can swallow additional costs of rugby, basketball etc and sees it as a project to boost the city as a whole... a lansdown on steroids. Anyone got Jeff Bezos' number?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

… are the Lansdowns selling the whole Bristol Sport empire, or just Bristol City Football Club?

If it’s just the club then we presumably will have to rent Ashton Gate from Bristol Sport?

At the Feb Senior Reds which he attended with Maggie, I recall that he said he would welcome/be open to the right investment in all or parts of it. So I guess he is open to sell whatever part of it attracts interest 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I can see a foreign investor being interested in everything bar the rugby club, rugby’s not really a thing in many countries like the USA or the middle east.

If that’s possible and where it would leave them I don’t know.

They ought to get on board with Rugby soon, the yanks are hosting it in 8 years time. 

• Like 3

Just now, RedorDead BCFC said:

They ought to get on board with Rugby soon, the yanks are hosting it in 8 years time. 

Yes they are, what difference it’ll make remains to be seen though. I’m not much of a rugby fan so no idea how much the sport is growing in the States etc.

If it’s growing that much perhaps it’ll be the other way around and the rugby will be what the next owners are interested in.

I just think selling it all must really shorten the list of potential buyers

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, devoncider said:

I think (as probably discussed on here time and time again) that the whole 'package' /empire of Bristol Sport is unattractive to investors. If it was as simple as just BCFC with the HPC & AG, SL would likely have found his man/woman/consortium by now.

The only hope is you get someone ultra rich who can swallow additional costs of rugby, basketball etc and sees it as a project to boost the city as a whole... a lansdown on steroids. Anyone got Jeff Bezos' number?

Everything, even the football bit is unattractive if the price is too high for what it’s worth.

The football bit is the opportunity because of the PL money.  The rest is baggage.

11 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

At the Feb Senior Reds which he attended with Maggie, I recall that he said he would welcome/be open to the right investment in all or parts of it. So I guess he is open to sell whatever part of it attracts interest 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yep, I read that.  He even said just investing without ownership.

Currently, I hear he wants to sell as one though.

• Like 1

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I'd say that was taken out of context, he is very much looking to sell the whole lot

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes they are, what difference it’ll make remains to be seen though. I’m not much of a rugby fan so no idea how much the sport is growing in the States etc.

If it’s growing that much perhaps it’ll be the other way around and the rugby will be what the next owners are interested in.

I just think selling it all must really shorten the list of potential buyers

I doubt very much, there is much rugby over there. Let’s be honest they call football soccer and have a World Series that includes them and that’s it I think. 
They just want to think they should have a free entry I guess. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I can see a foreign investor being interested in everything bar the rugby club, rugby’s not really a thing in many countries like the USA or the middle east.

If that’s possible and where it would leave them I don’t know.

the Rugby side has held us back is from what i have been told 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, The Nest Egg said:

Canadians love it. Yanks will take a bit longer. It's taught in schools now due to how expensive American Football is 

Some colleges and universities but not high schools, which is the key issue if it is to grow as a sport.

Spring - Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse and Tennis

Fall - Soccer, Football, Field Hockey, Golf, Cross Country

Winter - Basketball, Ice Hockey

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Oh **** off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

As much as I’d like this thread to be true, is there any actual firm evidence that SL wants out.  My understanding was that he’s looking for a minority investor.

I didn’t post this as a WUM - it was prompted by something I read on Bristol City Till I Die Facebook page where this topic came up and many posters were saying that SL wanted to sell just the club and lease the ground back: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/216839798346853/permalink/7110445525652878/

My next door neighbours' house is for sale - sale board went up on Sunday. I think they are asking a bit less than would SL be for BCFC/BS/ whatever.

Having said, difference the neighbours will recoup more than they originally paid and put in since, although I concede that haven't put up a couple of new stands, developed a new academy and built a sporting quarter, but that would be a bit OTT for Fenland!