IGNORED

Eustace Link Dismissed?

JP Hampton

It was always unlikely that the board/Tins actually had a proactive plan in place. Nope, it's reactive as usual and who knows how long it will take...

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So now the narrative will switch from "they were sneaking around behind Pearson's back" to "they sacked him without a plan or an alternative in mind". ?

Yep, I've just done that!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Thanks. I would say that most of those in the betting are managers not coaches. I can't see them being prepared to do what Tinnion tells them to do.

Is it the case though? Surely the methodology and style of play the club are trying instil (I hate this "identity" crap) is not that unusual. It won't be difficult to find a coach or a Manager who will say "that's great, that's what I want too". The hard bit will be finding one who can achieve it and quickly.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Is it the case though? Surely the methodology and style of play the club are trying instil (I hate this "identity" crap) is not that unusual. It won't be difficult to find a coach or a Manager who will say "that's great, that's what I want too". The hard bit will be finding one who can achieve and quickly.

As the Lansdowns only want a yes man, the most important for them will be "aye"-dentity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Thanks. I would say that most of those in the betting are managers not coaches. I can't see them being prepared to do what Tinnion tells them to do.

Still think the "plan" was/is Luke Williams, delay maybe linked to getting him out of his current job.

He ticks all of the boxes they described I think.

• Like 2

Sadly would think Luke Williams will be the one, how uninspiring. No manager worth their salt would take the job just to be Brian Tinnion's mouthpiece. His record is hardly anything to warrant this job, but they are the same clowns who hired LJ & Holden without any credentials deserving of it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So now the narrative will switch from "they were sneaking around behind Pearson's back" to "they sacked him without a plan or an alternative in mind". ?

Or perhaps they had someone lined up  but they pulled out after that car crash of an interview with Tinnion?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm starting to think there actually going to go for someone like luke Williams wow 😳  as far as I am concerned that will reaffirm to me all they want is a coach active on the training pitch  to answer to Brian tinion. It is also looking like they have sacked pearson and absolutely no plan in place. In all my years supporting this club I have never know it to be so amateur it's absolutely bewildering! I just can't fathom a world in which Brian tinon and luke Williams are funding the football operations two people that have past through this club in that sence and failed the lansdowns really are a rotten bunch.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

I'm starting to think there actually going to go for someone like luke Williams wow 😳  as far as I am concerned that will reaffirm to me all they want is a coach active on the training pitch  to answer to Brian tinion. It is also looking like they have sacked pearson and absolutely no plan in place. In all my years supporting this club I have never know it to be so amateur it's absolutely bewildering! I just can't fathom a world in which Brian tinon and luke Williams are funding the football operations two people that have past through this club in that sence and failed the lansdowns really are a rotten bunch.

They would have checked on Williams (or another) interest before pulling the trigger on Pearson.

I agree they were going to get rid asap but a quick phone call to confirm basic interest, details of job description and pay etc is all they would need with someone they know.

• Like 1

If you think how they hold off on Player reveals and new kit launches , they may have been a little surprised at the backlash from fans. 

Maybe the delay , though it's not much of a delay just yet, is to make it look like the sacking was unintended and purely after the Cardiff showing. 

More likely they haven't got a clue and will have to interview a dozen or more before tossing a coin.

IMO interviews for a managers/coaches job should only be if you're down to the last couple of candidates and there's nothing between them. You should know everything about the "new man" well before you get them in a room. 

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Is it the case though? Surely the methodology and style of play the club are trying instil (I hate this "identity" crap) is not that unusual. It won't be difficult to find a coach or a Manager who will say "that's great, that's what I want too". The hard bit will be finding one who can achieve it and quickly.

I think this is it. It’s not about “doing what Tinnion says”. It’s about a shared understanding of what’s required throughout the footballing side of the club.

They won’t have the same roles. One will have certain responsibilities, the other others. It’s about making sure they’re aligned. Arguably - as I’ve argued before - our downfall during the Ashton/Johnson regime, when we made it even worse by giving football related responsibilities to a finance man. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Fwiw I think both are likely true. They’d have sounded a few people out through representatives, who would’ve said they’d be keen for a discussion if it came up. Having a discussion, and saying yes I’m keen to take the job asap as soon as you sack pearson are obvs worlds apart in terms of logistics. The idea being different to the reality, and all that Jazz. 

Hughton and Cook seemed very keen, then very unkeen quite soon after discussions/advanced nitty gritty discussions with the powers that be. 

The fact a fair few people had heard that out of work managers had been sounded out and chatted to, and there’s been absolutely no same name mentioned by multiple papers or journos (even Eustace yesterday was two people from the same paper, probably even the same team!) makes me guess they’ve done this in a fashion of “let’s speak to all the ones that are free first, say yay or nay, and then start moving on to the ones that we’ll need permission to speak to”. 

Could be well off, but my hunch has always been that they saw Saturday’s game as one that could be won by the interim staff, so that they have more time for the “process”, rather than they saw it as an easy first win for the new man. Although my gut feel has been very wrong for more times than I can count!!!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Zuni said:

They would have checked on Williams (or another) interest before pulling the trigger on Pearson.

I agree they were going to get rid asap but a quick phone call to confirm basic interest, details of job description and pay etc is all they would need with someone they know.

You have a lot more faith than me!