IGNORED

Eustace Link Dismissed?

JP Hampton

Agree with @ExiledAjax - On paper we should be a pretty attractive proposition to a new manager.

It would be interesting to know how potential managers view the club's hierarchy though.

Historically, I get the impression that neutrals have seen the Lansdowns as generous owners who are patient with managers. I wonder if this is still the case, or whether recent events make prospective managers somewhat hesitant about taking up a role.

Will managers see us as a bit of a poisoned chalice? Will agents warn managers that working for the Lansdowns can be rather difficult?

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Agree with @ExiledAjax - On paper we should be a pretty attractive proposition to a new manager.

It would be interesting to know how potential managers view the club's hierarchy though.

Historically, I get the impression that neutrals have seen the Lansdowns as generous owners who are patient with managers. I wonder if this is still the case, or whether recent events make prospective managers somewhat hesitant about taking up a role.

Will managers see us as a bit of a poisoned chalice? Will agents warn managers that working for the Lansdowns can be rather difficult?

I'm honestly not convinced it's more difficult than most managers' jobs I reckon there may be some higher profile managers who want more of a budget than we'd offer but I don't reckon many managers will be more put off by our owner than the owner of any other club they'd be considered for a job with...

51 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

At this stage we're only going to hear of those not on the list as the club will only say "no" to names, and simply not comment (privately) on names that it could be.

On my NOT list so far I have Williams,Rowett, Robins and Eustace. And thats it. 

Could be anyone else, but as the days go by it would suggest to me its someone in work, and someone that hasn't been mentioned/linked at all by the media, as they'll be holding the name back to keep good relations with the club.

If that is true, I feel the three most obvious names we might approach - not saying they'd be interested but that I reckon we might be - are Schumacher, Manning and Mousinho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Pearson was kind of lined up and that took 5 days to sort. Need a bit of patience, especially if it's someone in a job.

"We understand the importance of appointing a new head coach quickly and an announcement on this will follow in the coming days."

That was a paragraph from QPR site 2 days later a manager from another club joins.They had a plan and it was done quickly..In other words they knew who they wanted they knew ainsworth had to go but they did it in a respectful manner.. Our lot well we've seen it for ourselves.

• Like 2

You can imagine the evil post's headline....
"Neil Warnock will finally get his long held wish to manage Bristol City......"
When he's named until the end of the season. As City Chairperson Jon Lansdown added "We've identified who we want, we just can't get him.... yet".

Anything is possible isn't it? an absolute absolute clusterf*ck of a situation manifested by amateurs aided and abetted by a club legend with more faces than a clock tower.

Edited by Philly The Kid
misspelling
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Even if you're right what has a new manager to lose? 3 year deal, ends badly after 1. Large payoff and the Football World saying 'Well, it's Bristol City and the Lansdowns - what do you expect?"

Money for jam...

Edited by Calculus
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Pearson was kind of lined up and that took 5 days to sort. Need a bit of patience, especially if it's someone in a job.

Could they have their man already, but they are just giving us peasants the perception that they've been doing their due diligence AFTER Pearson has gone, lengthy process etc etc.

If they came straight out and unveiled a new man on Mon/Tues everyone will know for a fact that they've gone behind Pearsons back whilst he was still here. Even though it is obvious that is what has happened, they will want everyone to think they haven't done that?

Pure speculation mind.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

At this stage we're only going to hear of those not on the list as the club will only say "no" to names, and simply not comment (privately) on names that it could be.

On my NOT list so far I have Williams,Rowett, Robins and Eustace. And thats it. 

Could be anyone else, but as the days go by it would suggest to me its someone in work, and someone that hasn't been mentioned/linked at all by the media, as they'll be holding the name back to keep good relations with the club.

Schumacher? 

25 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Liam Manning from Oxford I reckon it will be.

Done very well in his 8 months there, staved off the threat of relegation last season and now has Oxford 2nd in the table. 

From wiki:

Manning favours a high possession, high pressing style of football.[14][15]

He has a reputation for developing young players, having spent much of his early coaching career working with the academy sides of West Ham United, Ipswich Town and New York City FC. Manning is credited as having contributed to the development of England international Declan Rice.[4

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

If it's not Williams or Eustace, the only 2 anywhere near on the betting list that could be argued to meet the criteria JL and BT outlined are Lampard and Scott Parker (neither of whom appeal to me). If it's not them then it can only be someone who doesn't meet the criteria that have been LAID OUT or someone leftfield who isn't currently being seen as in the frame at all. 

Who was the bloke that barton whacked in the tunnel?