IGNORED

Eustace Link Dismissed?

JP Hampton

25 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

If you were a respected professional in your field, and you were offered a job working as subservient to a person who tried and failed miserably at your profession nearly two decades ago, what would you say?

Eustace was never realistic, neither is Lampard, or Hughton or Williams. They are looking for a very specific type of person, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a name we’ve never heard of.

Oh dear, the more time that goes by, the more I see Ali Hines being promoted up from the u21s, especially after Tinnion was wax-lyrical over their "losing" performance against Tottenham!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 38MC said:

Agree, and I think we agree that the only plan should have been the terms of Nigel's extension.

Not really tbh. I had no issue with Pearson not getting an extension. But I didn't want him sacked without having a plan. I advocated a collaborative succession to take effect at the end of the season.

20 minutes ago, 38MC said:

would have seen the expectations that the board have for the club with the squad that we've got and the reporting lines, and will almost certainly conclude with their agent 'let's wait it out and see what the next vacancy is'. 

27 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Really?

Job Description:

1) Deliver promotion with current squad

2) Squad wage budget maxed out 

3) Owner given up no longer putting his hands in his pockets for decent transfers

4) Best players will be sold to keep club solvent

5) You will play in the style told to you by Brian Tinnion, a legend at Bristol City (but nowhere else)

6) Chairman is a basket case

7) Club is up for sale

I don't see that as a terribly attractive gig tbh, particularly when you see how Pearson got treated.

Yes, hence I said "should" have the pick of the bunch.

We should, but clearly we don't.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

If you were a respected professional in your field, and you were offered a job working as subservient to a person who tried and failed miserably at your profession nearly two decades ago, what would you say?

Eustace was never realistic, neither is Lampard, or Hughton or Williams. They are looking for a very specific type of person, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a name we’ve never heard of.

A different skill set to the position he has now though, sitting somewhere to the left of the anti-christ it seems.

What a career our Tinns has had here:- villified as a player at the beginning of his career to the point of having his house attacked. Turned that around to become a legend in a popular side. Became possibly the worst Managerial appointment in my lifetime, before going into the wilderness for many years. Returns to become a man admired for his recruitment skills and lauded on here as recently as June for our early summer recruitment, only to now be considered a snidey snake in the grass with Peter Mandelson levels of behind the scenes shit stirring. 

His popularity graph must look like a map of the Himalayas. :)

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

If it's not Williams or Eustace, the only 2 anywhere near on the betting list that could be argued to meet the criteria JL and BT outlined are Lampard and Scott Parker (neither of whom appeal to me). If it's not them then it can only be someone who doesn't meet the criteria that have been laid out or someone leftfield who isn't currently being seen as in the frame at all. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, !james said:

Anyone who is on the shortlist?! 

At this stage we're only going to hear of those not on the list as the club will only say "no" to names, and simply not comment (privately) on names that it could be.

On my NOT list so far I have Williams,Rowett, Robins and Eustace. And thats it. 

Could be anyone else, but as the days go by it would suggest to me its someone in work, and someone that hasn't been mentioned/linked at all by the media, as they'll be holding the name back to keep good relations with the club.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tin said:

To add to that, I think plenty of managers and coaches won’t fancy working under the Lansdowns after how they treated Nige and how they’ve gone public about wanting promotion this season, despite the injuries and lack of funds. Failure is inevitable against those unrealistic goals. 

And who's to say the available managers won't ask for advice off Pearson? He's a popular man in football treating Nige like they have will make there job alot harder. No one to replace him is even more unbelievable if I was looking for work I wouldn't want be part of this club and that pains me to say it!

Edited by Street red
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Yep

Better not be!

They've had months to plan this appoinement. Patently obvious Nige was not going to survive given the 'nest egg' comment - so appointment of the new man should be seamless.

If we haven't appointed within next 24 hours I shall be gobsmacked. That would mean we were effective pushing and prodding Nige to leave with no one lined up to replace him. While that would be classic Bristol City of the past, I can't believe in this day and age it would happen.

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

If we haven't appointed within next 24 hours I shall be gobsmacked. That would mean we were effective pushing and prodding Nige to leave with no one lined up to replace him. While that would be classic Bristol City of the past, I can't believe in this day and age it would happen.

The same thing was said when they sacked LJ. We all saw it coming, albeit different circumstances. The club had ample time to line someone up but dithered for, what was it - 6 weeks?

I wouldnt hold your breath mate. This lot are incompetent, as has been demonstrated time and time again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

Better not be!

They've had months to plan this appoinement. Patently obvious Nige was not going to survive given the 'nest egg' comment - so appointment of the new man should be seamless.

If we had someone lined up he would of been in the door Monday or Tuesday still no sign of a new coach and it's Wednesday.I've no faith what so ever.