IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

3 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Mason Mount had played 3 EFL cup games in England and a season at Vitesse I think, before Derby.

Tomori had been on loan at Hull and Brighton before Derby.

These players in context weren't 'Champions League level'players at the time and we're still learning their craft

But ya know why let facts get in way of a moan.

Fwiw Lampard could be different, point to prove, worked in structures and plays youth and attacking football.

Wouldn't be opposed to it if it was on the radar 

Let's move the goalposts shall we, starve NP of funds, reinvest maybe 20% of fees he brought in in terms of fees, perphaps 20-30% from summer 2021, cut the wage bill..

Then back Lampard for costly loanees!!

Tomori and Mount were not I agree CL players at that time, Harry Wilson however was surely well sought after, Marriott and Waghorn for Vydra and Weimann effectively, hmm.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Curtis has his family home in the North East, is very close to Nige & is in my opinion only still in post because he was the most senior coach left to hold the reins until they appoint “their” man.

I’ll be very surprised if he is still at the club next month.

Love him, though.

I'm surprised he's still there now to be honest, thought he might have left in solidarity with Nige. Although I'm sure he's a principled kind of guy, the type who, once he's signed a contract, will honour it.

But, I'd love it if he turned up at the press conference on Thursday and announced his immediate resignation on camera, leaving with a "tell the Lansdowns to shove thier job where the mice won't get at it".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

I think he is 100% NOT what we need, and a massive risk. But I have to admit, it could possibly be more fun/interesting than a lot of the other names floated around.

Lansdowns do love a name (thinking back to the David James era 😭) and desperate to get noticed, so its definitely something they would consider. Wasn't his name floated around a bit before Pearson appointed as well? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's move the goalposts shall we, starve NP of funds, reinvest maybe 20% of fees he brought in in terms of fees, perphaps 20-30% from summer 2021, cut the wage bill..

Then back Lampard for costly loanees!!

Tomori and Mount were not I agree CL players at that time, Harry Wilson however was surely well sought after, Marriott and Waghorn for Vydra and Weimann effectively, hmm.

Lampards best season as a manager was when he wasn't able to make any signings at Chelsea. 

Considering he would have 2 months of not being able to sign anyone here then that could be a tick in the box for him. 

I wouldn't like to see us waste money on loan signings tho.

14 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Seems we're sticking to NPs not loan plan given Tins interview.

For whatever reason you've just done 2+2 equals 75 million and gone with it re the loan thing, trashing a bit of Niges legacy which is a bit odd.

Wilson's best season stats wise was at Derby and he'd just signed a new contract before moving on loan 

Think he ended up playing about 5 games for Liverpool 

Oh good, thanks for clarifying.

At the very least, Lampard or whoever should have to work under exactly the same conditions until the summer then see how the budget may look as T.V. money set to rise and some out of contract.

No increase to the budget in January for one.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

No idea

A) because it's fantasy management based on your imaginary scenario 

B) will need to see what happens should an appointment be made

C) nothing is exactly the same either.

I get you are angry that Nige has gone but that doesn't mean there are no ways forward.

A level playing field is only fair tbh. IMO anyway.

NP has worked under some major constraints.

I get the idea from a business perspective, bring in an experienced head ie manager as a troubleshooter and a tough CEO to cut costs, keep us afloat and rebuild. NP and while here Gould, did that very well.

Ultimately leaving the proposition in a better place than they inherited. Done that in spades.

It certainly won't be Lampard (thankfully) but i do agree that at least it would be a more interesting appointment than some that have been suggested!

I think Lampard is so far up himself, judging by the way he acts around previous jobs (seems to like to take credit for Chelsea's champions league win, despite not managing during the knock-out stages), that he probably thinks he has a high chance at getting the England job after the Euro's, so wouldn't expect to see him in a job until at least the summer.

11 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Your first sentence isn't fair it's loaded to your expectations

The club have said what they want and a new manager will be judged by that.

I've not heard anyone disagree that Nige has done lot of the dirty work either.

Sometimes as has been mentioned and as happened at Leicester it takes someone else to capitalise on that.

Based on varied statements, top 6 isn't it?? Front foot football. Significantly fewer injuries.

Definitely agree on the last paragraph or 2, that can happen in business as it can in football.

Despite understanding that side, still see it as being wrong from a football perspective and a general decency perspective. 

I am strangely drawn to the idea of Lampard, against all logic and reason, and knowing full well that if he does well he would leave us immediately.

Maybe it’s because most of the options are so dull, at least it would be interesting and get us a bit of attention. It’s possible just having a bit of a glamour name here might provide a bit of a spark and some welcome excitement.

But I’m not pretending for one moment he’s the sensible choice!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

he is due to be interviewed and he was due to be playing golf tomorrow and has cancelled it to meet the club. 

And after the interview, he'll decide he doesn't want to work with Tinnion looking over his shoulder day and night or having to sell our best players every year or having a wage cap that limits him to signing L1 players and free agents or having to push children straight from the academy into the first team cos that's what the owner wants to see, all the while being told we must be promoted. 

Just like all the other people we've spoken to have decided.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

As I said on Monday on another thread, Lampard wants the job and has made contact. I spoke to my mate again this morning and he has said that Frank will be interviewed, and he is very keen to come here. After the chat I had with my mate this am, who is very good friends with Frank, I would be very very surprised if he is not our next manager. 

To the Lansdown’s, Lampard would make the club easier to sell potentially.
Bit like having new windows fitted to a house before selling, only to find they forgot to install a decent front door!!!

• Like 2