IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah exactly.

Only reason I noted that poll is they cover the EFL as a whole and I assumed maybe a cross section of fans from clubs.

to be honest I read an online post the other day on Twitter, some guy was saying that Bristol City weren't a relevant team and was only there to make up the numbers. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Well we're not looking for a manager, head coach.

He's got youth work, experience at a higher level and plays the type of football we seem to want. Mentioned sod all to do with playing career

Nige bombed out at Derby, Leuven etc before us, still revered here though

Re your players, they weren't too good at the time as that's exactly where they were learning their trade..  

The 'impossible' that people want from next person seems completely oblivious to pretty much anything else.

But when has he improved a side? Take his name out of it. What’s impressive? Other than bringing youngsters through. What makes you think he will be a success? 

Im not expecting impossible. I want someone who has shown they can improve teams. I don’t mind if that’s a lower level. 

Personally think Lampard is a far better shout for the job over Eustace. 

Hes “been there and done it” scenario 

He would definitely attract more fans to the Gate and would have many contacts from the Premiership who would allow their loan players to come to the club  

He would know the potential catch point area for the fan base in the South West as well  

And I actually think the players would welcome him with open arms  

I know many are mentioning his wages but our transfer deals will see there is plenty in the pot to pay him a three year deal  

And the big thing he’s a name and face that could well attract new buyers  

• Like 4

The next job Frank Lampard takes is make or break for him. 
You can discount the end of last season at Chelsea, and Everton are/were a mess so he probably comes through unscathed from that to a degree, but he can’t afford another job where he doesn’t do “something”. 

I don’t see us as the place for him to build up his CV as a manager- it’s too risky. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Personally think Lampard is a far better shout for the job over Eustace. 

Hes “been there and done it” scenario 

He would definitely attract more fans to the Gate and would have many contacts from the Premiership who would allow their loan players to come to the club  

He would know the potential catch point area for the fan base in the South West as well  

And I actually think the players would welcome him with open arms  

I know many are mentioning his wages but our transfer deals will see there is plenty in the pot to pay him a three year deal  

And the big thing he’s a name and face that could well attract new buyers  

The only thing Lampard has done as a manager is fail. Started well thanks to an incredible Chelsea academy. And that’s it 

As far as i can see Eustace got his only sacking whilst being 6th in the league and actually improved Birmingham in the short time as manager. 

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 1

Just now, Riaz said:

The only thing Lampard has done as a manager has been to fail. 

As far as i can see Eustace got his only sacking whilst being 6th in the league and actually improved Birmingham in the short time as manager. 

yes but he won't be manager. He'll be answering to Tins and JL

10 minutes ago, Red from afar said:

The only way I'd want Lampard is if he's able to use his contacts to get properly top class loans cheaply as a favour. Barring that, I don't see anything in his cv that suggests he would be a success.

Who has a better CV from the list we've seen?

Lampard at Chelsea finishing 3rd did okay, really took them on from the prior season in which they finished..3rd.

In said prior season they also managed a run to the Carling Cup final and won Europa League by which I mean a lot of fixruess to rotate across. Granted the embargo denied them the opportunity to strengthen and deserves credit for blooding youth, reached FA Cup final but finished roughly where they should around 3rd or 4th.

Think he left them in 10th after spending rather a lot in summer 2020.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Hope this one goes the way of Eustace. I’m not totally convinced by his managerial chops, and he’s gonna need them with a thin and injured squad. 

Probably demand a wedge too, so if it did go really south and we needed to make a change, it’d be a pricey contract to pay off.

If Lampard is appointed it will be another David James appointment, ie the Lansdowns blinded by a so called star name.  

If Jody Morris comes as well then that really says everything, and none of that is good. Interesting statement from Swindon when he was sacked in May, as it is virtually same reason given by JL on sacking of Nige, ie failure to take club where owners wanted it to be, and that was League 2 not The Championship.

You really couldn’t make this stuff up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedEd73 said:

Vim Fuego.... Don't trust him..... He's Bad News!

Screenshot_20231101_192143_X.jpg

They were a spoof band before Spinal Tap.

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Can’t say if he’ll get the job or not but I can ensure you his agent was at AG yesterday for initial talks 

Is he the same agent as Jamie Macca?

27 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Who has a better CV from the list we've seen?

That's a valid question, one that perhaps should have been thought about before sacking our previous manager. As for Lampard, did ok at Derby with some good young loans. Since then took a Chelsea team that finished 3rd in the Premier league and left them in 10th, then got sacked by Everton in 19th place where they had to be saved by Dyche, then won 1 in 11 games in his second spell at Chelsea. It's not an inspiring record.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

The more I think about it the more I think, give him a go. 

Decent bit of exposure for the club and if the slimeballs and snakes running the club do the same again it will be all over TV and press!

You make a reasonable point TBF. Not sure I really like the idea but you can’t argue his fame and the exposure that would give us.