IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And breaking FFP. Potentially costing us a place in the play-offs that season.

Think we finished 8th that season. 

Very well remembered. Once those accounts were correctly restated in 2021, after resets they were £11-12m over in the period ending 2019.

(Equates to a 7 or 8 point deduction).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Worth a watch. 

Very much considers himself a coach and prefers to coach younger players. 

Certainly fits what we have stated we are looking for.

This would certainly raise the club profile (Internationally also) and that is obviously not a bad thing if you are looking to sell.

1 hour ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

I think the criticism of Lampard is harsh, let’s remember who we are - we ain’t getting a manager who’s the complete package - they wouldn’t come here, same as players.

Lampard did well at Derby, they certainly didn’t want him to leave. A lot of posters have mentioned he only did well because he had Mount on loan. How’s he getting on at Utd by the way? Maybe Lampards man management gets the best out of players?

Not every manager has success everywhere, not every player does either - this happens at worlds class level too.

He did well at Chelsea too, they were under a transfer embargo and a lot of his team weren’t what I’d call Chelsea quality (Abraham, Chalobah etc) - he secured a champions league finish.

According to the coaches voice he fits the required bill regarding style of play:

Both at Derby and Chelsea Lampards full-backs overlapped, a double pivot provided cover at the base of midfield, and their attacking players largely stayed central. Each of the above elements have been prominent throughout Lampard’s coaching career

Lampard likes his full-backs to overlap, his wide forwards to come inside and a double pivot to act as protection his defence. Even when he experimented with a back three at Chelsea – with mixed success – these were consistent themes.

Lampard liked his possession-based football to be accompanied by an intense press. In the Premier League in 2019/20 – Lampard’s only full season as Chelsea manager – only Liverpool and Manchester City made more regains in the attacking half than Chelsea. In Lampard’s final season at Derby – 2018/19 – his team ranked sixth in the Championship's for regains in the attacking half.

No, I’m not saying they only did well because of mount. 

I’m saying despite having mount and other superior players for he division, he didn’t improve them AT ALL. 

They finished in the playoffs, just like the season before. They would most likely have been worse if they didn’t get the loan players like mount. 

Very unimpressive stint. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure how people can level the bankruptcy of Derby at Lampards one season! 
He signed around £13m and sold around £13.5m so was actually in profit on his transfer spend. 

I’m also not really sure why people think he should have got them promoted based on 3 loans from the Premier League (Mount, Tomori & Wilson). 
All 3 were very young and unproven at the time. Whilst they were all very good players for the level they were also novices. Good signings that helped the team but at 19 years of age you wouldn’t have expected them to carry the whole team to promotion. 

When Lampard arrived at Derby they’d just finished in the playoffs, and had lost their strike force - Vydra, Jerome & Weimann had bagged most of the goals the season before and all 3 were lost. He also lost Ledley from midfield and a reliable Baird at full back. It was a minor rebuild he had to do there. 

Ultimately he got them to the playoff final, which was one better than they did the year before and lost to Villa - if you want to talk about which team was breaking FFP, had Villa not got promoted that day, they were going to be royally screwed! 

People then say he didn’t really do much at Chelsea. When he arrived they just lost Eden Hazard, probably one of the top 2 or 3 players in the world at the time. Also lost Cahill & Luiz, so a mini rebuild again required but without being able to sign anyone. 
When he was allowed to spend the next season, again people say he wasted money. Ziyech, Havertz, Mendy, Chilwell & Werner weren’t too bad looking signings at the time. Plus Tiago Silva on a free - not a bad signing that! 

But again, he can’t really be accused of overspending. He’d got over £100m from Hazard the year before and hadn’t had an opportunity to spend it yet. And don’t forget he also managed to get £14m out of us for Palmer, Kalas & Dasilva. 

Everton - galvanise them in his first few weeks to avoid relegation, but yes, it went very wrong after that. 

Overall though, I think it’s a bit harsh for people to have expected him to get Derby up on the strength of 3 loans who were young and unproven at the time when they eventually lost in the final to FFP breakers Villa. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m not sure how people can level the bankruptcy of Derby at Lampards one season! 
He signed around £13m and sold around £13.5m so was actually in profit on his transfer spend. 

I’m also not really sure why people think he should have got them promoted based on 3 loans from the Premier League (Mount, Tomori & Wilson). 
All 3 were very young and unproven at the time. Whilst they were all very good players for the level they were also novices. Good signings that helped the team but at 19 years of age you wouldn’t have expected them to carry the whole team to promotion. 

When Lampard arrived at Derby they’d just finished in the playoffs, and had lost their strike force - Vydra, Jerome & Weimann had bagged most of the goals the season before and all 3 were lost. He also lost Ledley from midfield and a reliable Baird at full back. It was a minor rebuild he had to do there. 

Ultimately he got them to the playoff final, which was one better than they did the year before and lost to Villa - if you want to talk about which team was breaking FFP, had Villa not got promoted that day, they were going to be royally screwed! 

People then say he didn’t really do much at Chelsea. When he arrived they just lost Eden Hazard, probably one of the top 2 or 3 players in the world at the time. Also lost Cahill & Luiz, so a mini rebuild again required but without being able to sign anyone. 
When he was allowed to spend the next season, again people say he wasted money. Ziyech, Havertz, Mendy, Chilwell & Werner weren’t too bad looking signings at the time. Plus Tiago Silva on a free - not a bad signing that! 

But again, he can’t really be accused of overspending. He’d got over £100m from Hazard the year before and hadn’t had an opportunity to spend it yet. And don’t forget he also managed to get £14m out of us for Palmer, Kalas & Dasilva. 

Everton - galvanise them in his first few weeks to avoid relegation, but yes, it went very wrong after that. 

Overall though, I think it’s a bit harsh for people to have expected him to get Derby up on the strength of 3 loans who were young and unproven at the time when they eventually lost in the final to FFP breakers Villa. 

Good insight Harry - but for the second night running you've wasted your time giving us the lowdown on someone that won't be coming to BS3 anytime soon! 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thank you Harry, although his net spend was roughly zero, their accounts were not actually released for that year which is a bad sign. Nor for 2020, 2021 or 2022 due to increasing financial issues.

The cash losses were the key and in 2017-18 it shows an insertion of £81.1m into the cash flow ie the stadium sale. Not wholly his fault sure.

Once restated they had breached FFP in 2017, 2019 and 2021. Not wholly his fault but he played a part. Could've spent £11-12m less on wages and amortisation, loan fees or sold £11-12m more worth of players net of boom value.

He did none of this- granted he was assured thst they were within limits and it came to light sometime after that they were not.

Failed in 2017, should've been restricted in 2017-18 and 2018-19 to present s further fail. Had they been they wouldn't have failed again in 2018-19 or would've been punished accordingly at the time.

Screenshot_20231102-003042_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.cda56ce6cc2413b70269c7aaa3540bd0.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Good insight Harry - but for the second night running you've wasted your time giving us the lowdown on someone that won't be coming to BS3 anytime soon! 

I knew you were gonna say that 🤣

Can’t wait for tomorrow’s instalment. Let’s see who’s the new rumour…… 

59 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Meets the club at 11am today. That has come from a very good friend of his. HE WILL be our manager by the end of tomorrow Friday. He will be at Ashton Gate on Saturday to watch the team. I don't care if people want to dismiss what I've said, but my friend is someone who has known Frank since they were both at West Ham in the mid 90s and Frank has openly told him since Sunday afternoon, he wants this job. He sees us as an under achieving team who should be in the Premier League. 

The posted above who said his agent met the club, that is not true in the slightest. Frank technically doesn't have an agent, he has a business manager, and financial consultant, but neither of those get involved in football related matters. He approached a member of our staff, and he was put in touch with someone. He spent 2 hours on the phone with them on Monday, saying why he wanted the job, and made it clear, he is serious about taking Bristol City to the Premier League.

Since then, he has been sorting out personal matters and meets the club today, but he wants the job. Also, I've read that people are saying Jody Morris will come with him, he won't. As said on the other thread the other day, Michael Johnson, the England Under 18 coach will be coming with him, as his assistant, not Jody. Frank is heavily impressed by our academy and youth development and thinks that he and Johnson can help progress a number of youngsters and take the club forward.

Call out all you want, say what you want, and if I am wrong I am wrong, but I won't be. Since Frank got in touch, the club turned their attentions away from Eustace and Rowett and feel that Lampard matches the clubs ambition and remit. 

I will say it one final time, and wont be posting again until he is announced as manager, which means if he isn't, I wont post again full stop. Frank Lampard will be our new manager, he is expected to sign a deal today and it will be announced tomorrow, and he will be at the game on Saturday. Michael Johnson will assist him. 

Frank Lampard’s mate…

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

Meets the club at 11am today. That has come from a very good friend of his. HE WILL be our manager by the end of tomorrow Friday. He will be at Ashton Gate on Saturday to watch the team. I don't care if people want to dismiss what I've said, but my friend is someone who has known Frank since they were both at West Ham in the mid 90s and Frank has openly told him since Sunday afternoon, he wants this job. He sees us as an under achieving team who should be in the Premier League. 

The posted above who said his agent met the club, that is not true in the slightest. Frank technically doesn't have an agent, he has a business manager, and financial consultant, but neither of those get involved in football related matters. He approached a member of our staff, and he was put in touch with someone. He spent 2 hours on the phone with them on Monday, saying why he wanted the job, and made it clear, he is serious about taking Bristol City to the Premier League.

Since then, he has been sorting out personal matters and meets the club today, but he wants the job. Also, I've read that people are saying Jody Morris will come with him, he won't. As said on the other thread the other day, Michael Johnson, the England Under 18 coach will be coming with him, as his assistant, not Jody. Frank is heavily impressed by our academy and youth development and thinks that he and Johnson can help progress a number of youngsters and take the club forward.

Call out all you want, say what you want, and if I am wrong I am wrong, but I won't be. Since Frank got in touch, the club turned their attentions away from Eustace and Rowett and feel that Lampard matches the clubs ambition and remit. 

I will say it one final time, and wont be posting again until he is announced as manager, which means if he isn't, I wont post again full stop. Frank Lampard will be our new manager, he is expected to sign a deal today and it will be announced tomorrow, and he will be at the game on Saturday. Michael Johnson will assist him. 

To be fair to @robinforlife2 here that’s a heck of a lot of detail on the subject for it to be a complete fabrication. We shall see of course but that does sound it’s got something to it. 

• Like 1