IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Make of it what you will ..........Lampard Odds on Skybet now 1/4 ?    And Bookie's invariable know?

John Eustace was odds on not that long ago.

I expect on this market bookies know barely anything, I'd imagine it's pretty much mostly an automatic formula/algorithm to spread bets such to optimise the amount that they make regardless of who is appointed. All this shows is that a load of people have backed Lampard, not that the bookies really know.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Please refer to my post last night on page 10. 
Derby did have a decent team. But they lost their strike force (Vydra, Jerome, Weimann), a stalwart midfielder (Ledley) and a reliable full back (Baird). 
It wasn’t a straight forward matter that they’d finish in the same position the next year. 
You also put a lot of impetus on the Mount & Tomori signings. They were 19 and were new to this level of football. Good players, yes. But still virgins at this level. I assume that us having Scott & Semenyo last year means we should have made the playoffs, because clearly 2 premier league players should make all the difference? 

Anyway, it’s not gonna be Lampard. I know someone who has applied for the job who has worked here before. And I think it might be him. 

Lee Johnson? 😂😂

39 minutes ago, Spike said:

What's crazy is that some fans think having a big name as a player is just as good as having a big name for managing football clubs when it comes to appointing managers. 

Are we bigger than Frank, no, more people will know Frank Lampard than Bristol City, that's a fair statement. However, take Lampards achievements and statistics as a manager, then apply a generic name that noone knows, then put that CV on the table and see if he gets a second look... 

NP came here with 8 years of failure on his cv. Lampard was trusted with Chelsea in the last 24 months. 

Lampard could come in and fail. Just like Eustace, Rowett or Jones. Who cares if they call us FL BCFC. Better to be known as that than 17th again BCFC. Club needs change. Think we all know from the top but until then it is swapping managers and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Lampard is well spoken and had a GCSE in Latin. Go around any office and you will find many people far sharper than Frank. He seems like a nice bloke but he is not exactly a PhD brainbox.

Just for balance, he has an OBE, has written his autobiography and written several childrens novels. Left school with 11 GCSEs including an A in Latin.

Regards,

Frank.

• Haha 6

It’s not Lampard and it’s not going to be Williams albeit understand was a candidate. I’m thinking now its between a Beale or Manning. It’s going to be someone who aligns to what the club wants to do so no chance of a Smith, Rowett, Lampard. Smith is the one I would go for as believe he has a the pedigree of a Nige, but let’s be honest it’s a pretty average pool. Nobody is inspiring and there is no chance on earth this club gets to the PL any time soon I am sorry to say. Just cannot see it. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

NP came here with 8 years of failure on his cv. Lampard was trusted with Chelsea in the last 24 months. 

Lampard could come in and fail. Just like Eustace, Rowett or Jones. Who cares if they call us FL BCFC. Better to be known as that than 17th again BCFC. Club needs change. Think we all know from the top but until then it is swapping managers and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. 

Joe stop speaking sense please mate it's frowned upon

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I expect on this market bookies know barely anything, I'd imagine it's pretty much mostly an automatic formula/algorithm to spread bets such to optimise the amount that they make regardless of who is appointed. All this shows is that a load of people have backed Lampard, not that the bookies really know.

On Bet Victor JE is still favourite at evens. FL is 2/1.  

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

You have a valid point.....but that was the opening market based on conjecture, this is nearly a week after, and becoming based on the weight of money, which obviously will not be huge.  I often follow the money on Betfair with success, but those are larger markets?  I am not convinced it is FL, but i am not dismissing it?

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

I assume that you realise what you have written above is word for word from a tweet from an account by a Leicester fan with less than 600 followers on X

Can you point us to the tweet?

If it is “word for word”, I’ve just searched on twitter for the exact phrases and cannot find a match.

1 minute ago, Jacki said:

Not sure about everyone else but I’m finding this whole thing absolutely hilarious. I’m still in mourning for Nige and think I’ve reached the delirious stage of grief now

Your right all this Bull Shit could have been avoided if they had just kept the right man for the job?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

But at least he's had impressive spells and success.

Severely lacking on Lampards CV

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Not sure about everyone else but I’m finding this whole thing absolutely hilarious. I’m still in mourning for Nige and think I’ve reached the delirious stage of grief now

It feels a bit like watching an episode of I’m a Celeb where they haven’t eaten properly in a week so are just turning on each other out of pure starvation rage 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

It’s not Lampard and it’s not going to be Williams albeit understand was a candidate. I’m thinking now its between a Beale or Manning. It’s going to be someone who aligns to what the club wants to do so no chance of a Smith, Rowett, Lampard. Smith is the one I would go for as believe he has a the pedigree of a Nige, but let’s be honest it’s a pretty average pool. Nobody is inspiring and there is no chance on earth this club gets to the PL any time soon I am sorry to say. Just cannot see it. 

Why are you talking in absolute terms about who it isn’t? Are you ITK?

@Spike

You’ve typed all that most of it is going on about cutting the wage and our financial situation….HOW MANY MORE TIMES!

Whoever was in charge had to take a squad with minimal investment, whilst THE BOARD sorted out the finance and everything else. Whoever was the manager might of done better, or could have done worse. But surely you could see the club needed a change and for me the board clearly wasn’t happy with Pearson, personally and probably for his style of football

Anyone with common sense could see that other than Joe James, the other 10 players were first team players against Cardiff. So yes we could of got something against them, they weren’t exactly brilliant.

Some people got to accept that the championship Fergie is gone now, and look to the future.

personally think that this would be a great opportunity for him. lower expectations than his previous jobs - if he gets us in the top half it would be our best finish in a while. people speak of his ‘super team’ at derby - it wasn’t really, it was just a selection of decent loans.

the main question will be whether the money from alex scott was being held back from nige and will be given to the new gaffer. pearson had pull, but lampard will have even more. players will want to play for him. up to the board if they want to give him the funds.

it could all go terribly wrong, but **** it. frank lampard at the gate, who would’ve ever thought that, eh? let’s just enjoy what we can.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Bernard?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Hearing things like everyone else. I could be wrong but if I was to put my money down it would be on the two I’ve mentioned. But I could be wrong! 

So maybe don’t talk in absolute terms about things you can’t possibly be sure of.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Is he balls.

The only things he's "hearing" are the voices in his head.

So it seems.

34 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While that is true, they strike me as loving that TV limelight . Frank would supply plenty of that, if not a winning team.

I am not a Frank fan boy, nor any of the others. Nige was the first one I really wanted in, but even then because I doubted Steve had the backbone to cope I didn't think that would happen. Took time , but still.

My thoughts are... 
Cotterill underwhelmed = Brilliant
Coppel excited = did a runner
Jordan (2nd coming) excited = damp squib
LJ Underwhelmed = rollercoaster
GJ Underwhelmed = exciting
My point being, you never know what you will get. With the owners, the (invisible & pointless) Board and Manager it will take a massively bit of luck to get them all working together. 

Ward - gas - promotion!