IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think the finances were already fooked. 
I really can’t see how Lampard increased the wage bill in any drastic manner. 

He signed Festy Ebosele, Florian Josefzoon, Jack Marriott, George Evans, Scott Malone, Duane Holmes, Martyn Waghorn. 

He lost from the wage bill the following : Darren Bent, Chris Baird, Emil Jacobson, Jason Shackell, Andy Weimann, Matej Vydra, Cameron Jerome, Joe Ledley. 

In what world are the wages of the first group more than the wages of the second group. 

I’ve missed off the loans. But bearing in mind Mount & Tomori were 19 and Wilson 21, they wouldn’t have exactly been on £50k a week would they. 

There is no way in the world that the wages increased to such an extent that it put Derby in trouble. It was already heading that way before Lampard arrived and I think it was pretty much the last throw of the dice for Morris as he knew that the finances were gonna be screwed from the next year (but because of the previous 3 year overspend, not under Lampard). 

Harry Wilson? Tbh I agree, it was broadly speaking a death or glory attempt at promotion with Lampard and rhe loanees.

I don't particularly blame Lampard, the buck ultimately stops with the owner or the top brass. Mel Morris and his CEO caused the bulk of issues, plus the amortisation policy meant their costs in 2019-20 we're forecast to surge, it's buried in the EFL v Derby case.

Finances aside, I'm not fully convinced basically. He would raise our profile but at what cost- might the spirit and cohesiveness go a bit, or could 2-3 loanees push us on from a solid base.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Check Google. Input Frank Lampard Bristol City and you'll see that several of the nationals are running with it. I'm guessing they still employ journalists unless it's AI.

Didn't sky sports news have a breaking news that Chris Houghton was going to be our manager? 

54 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Evening;

I said I wouldn't post until he was announced, but I have to raise my head and say, I'm a bit annoyed with the stance the post made, saying that Lampard was not currently under consideration.

I will say, I'm not Roy the bloody alien though! I do think his posts re Lampard have been after my thread on Monday am, where I said that he wanted the job. His post yesterday am, was around 4 hours after what I posted on here, and he copied it. He also said in a tweet Jody Morris would join him, then deleted that tweet and posted later about Michael Johnson.

I felt embarrassed to be blunt yesterday. I was working doing a VIP experience in my field of work yesterday when I saw the post report (How I know my contact who is friends with Frank, I arranged a VIP day for the blokes family and I've done a few days for his family and friends and we talk a lot, as I've been trying to get help from him on other matters).  No, he hasn't discussed matters with me because he knows I'm a City fan, but because we are close mates.

I'm reluctant to say too much, but this is not dead in the water is all I'm gonna say, and the club have not been truthful.

I have been told, and I'll be 100% straight on this.

Lampard contacted the club on Monday through a member of the staffing team to express his interest. (The club in the post report said he was not currently under consideration, and they hadn't contacted him. I feel this was to play down speculation, and may have been their stance, the approach came from Lampard).

On Tuesday, Lampard was told to apply for the job, if he was interested.

On Wednesday, Lampard had arranged to meet the club.

Yesterday, he did not meet the club. I was told he was due to meet the club at 11am, but the club cancelled this meeting, as they informed him, that they believed they would be able to approach their first choice.

Last night, Lampard was informed that the clubs first choice, declined the approach from the club and had no interest in joining Bristol City.

That was the last I heard. 

I have asked my friend, if he had heard anything, as there is rumours he was at the HPC today. I have been told that he hadn't spoken to Lampard since last night, when he said, that Lampard told him, that City's first choice had snubbed the club, and that he had applied, but was disappointed that his meeting with the club had been cancelled.

That's all I know,

On Tuesday / Wednesday, from what I was told, I was 100% confident he would be our manager. Lampard wants the job, that I do know. Maybe the club don't want him, maybe the club have been rejected by people they wanted, that maybe now they would rather someone who wants the job, and is keen to work with talented youth.

Quite frankly, I know sod all about events of today, but I do know, Lampard has openly said to a good friend of his and a friend / very big client of mine, that he wants the job. 

I've not made anything up, and quite frankly, I wish I never posted in the first place, given the abuse I've received on this thread. I was only passing on, what I had been told, and I have my own mental health issues, that reading stuff and being ridiculed, has made my feel really Carp tbh.

I decided to post, as I just wanted to put out there, what I was told, what I trusted and what I believed / expected to happen based on what I have been told, by someone who wouldn't mess about, or get a kick out of stuff like this. 

I'm not someone to gloat, or shout in the know, and as for being outed as a gashead, behave..... I've supported City all my life, rarely get to go to games, because my business takes up all my time, and my mental health is often fragile.

I try to contribute to the forum as and when I can on a number of threads, and was happy to pass on insight, in good faith.

Take care everyone, and I hope we get 3 points tomorrow.

I'm gonna take a break from the forum for a while. 

If Lampard is appointed, great, at least we will have a manager that wants to be here, and has belief in the club. If he isn't then good luck to whoever it is. I just hope Jon, Brian etc know what they are doing.

I watched the interview this morning, and the gentleman asking the questions just was a bit too cringy for my liking, and whilst it could have been very good, I would say the interviewer tried too hard to be Jon's mate, then do the task at hand. 

Really sorry that you received abuse after obviously genuinely just trying to give us supporters a little more of what we want to know. 
wishing you all the best with your mental health struggles and thank you. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

56 minutes ago, !james said:

Phew! Sounds like a lucky escape.

Appreciate you sharing and no offence but I do think you rather jumped the gun a bit with your initial posts being "100% done" - there's a major difference between someone wanting a job and being offered it. You clearly have knowledge from the Lampard side but nothing from the club side. 

Come on. He’s explained the info he had and gave. He can’t be held responsible for not knowing what the clubs actions were or are. 
  You did read the bit about his mental health being fragile did you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JP Hampton said:

Come on. He’s explained the info he had and gave. He can’t be held responsible for not knowing what the clubs actions were or are. 
  You did read the bit about his mental health being fragile did you?

True, he gave half a story from Lampards end so 50% 

Obviously wish them all the best with their mental health struggles, I wasn't commenting on that just on the info provided and I was insulting or derogatory to them 👍

All I will add, and this *IS NOT A ITK OR CLAIM* is that last Wednesday, at the game vs Ipswich, I was told by someone who has relatively good connections with some previous and current employees that Frank Lampard was the coming in. 

for the record. I don’t believe it, but I’d personally be happy with FL vs others mooted. 

• Robin 1

3 minutes ago, !james said:

True, he gave half a story from Lampards end so 50% 

Obviously wish them all the best with their mental health struggles, I wasn't commenting on that just on the info provided and I was insulting or derogatory to them 👍

But sometimes IMO it’s good to know when to just leave well alone  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m now less worried than I was 2 hours ago. And breath!

I think you’ve got this one wrong mate. 

Maybe.

If someone is struggling then no need to let them know in this way.

However have you checked out @robinforlife2 's other posts? Take a look.

Do you think it is ok to suggest he has mental health issues? Mate.

• Facepalm 4

Remove the name “Frank Lampard” and look at the CV (highlighting positives) 

•Got a team to the Championship Play Off final 

•Got a team under transfer embargo into the champions league 

•Built a squad that won the champions league 

•Saved Everton from relegation 

•great worldwide commercial reach 

•adds value to the club 

•Respected former elite level player 

•In a position where his next job will be one he simply has to succeed in 

Not so bad now is it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Maybe.

If someone is struggling then no need to let them know in this way.

However have you checked out @robinforlife2 's other posts? Take a look.

Do you think it is ok to suggest he has mental health issues? Mate.

He pointed them out himself in his post, the response was just wishing him well wasn’t it? I’m a little confused to be honest, it was an obvious well wish which you seem to have interpreted as some sort of slur. 

• Like 15

26 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Someone who would know yes.

How many people would know really ? 
lansdownes , Tinnion , lampard and agent , seriously won’t be a long list 

26 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Someone who would know yes.

How many people would know really ? 
lansdownes , Tinnion , lampard and agent , seriously won’t be a long list 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He pointed them out himself in his post, the response was just wishing him well wasn’t it? I’m a little confused to be honest, it was an obvious well wish which you seem to have interpreted as some sort of slur. 

OK Fordy- I apologise if this is the case.

Please point me to the exact bit where @robinforlife2 stated he had mental health issues please as I clearly missed that bit.

• Facepalm 1