IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

@UncleRed I have seen your posts, some are of the ilk of neither SL or NP are messiah nor naughty boy….so why then say that posters think Nige is god.  Because I see very few posts like that.  So it’s just an easy way to undermine anyone who thinks Nige did a decent job.

As for Jack, I can quote who I like to form the basis of my posts.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

@Davefevs sorry but I don’t know how no one understands.

The reason I use that word is not undermine anyone who thinks NP did a decent job. But a rebuttal to the way that the clear NP fans are interacting with not only me but the others that don’t share the exact same opinion. I’m always of the idea, treat others how they treat you, and speak to others how they speak to you. So fight fire with fire when needed.

Didn’t say you couldn’t quote Jack, was just mentioning that it was futile to the point you was trying to make.

Your resident BS employee

Edited by UncleRed
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Short answer to a shit question: because we were in a huge mess and needed to rebuild.  You don’t deserve a full answer.

Love your responses, knowledge and passion but this is harsh. Our 1.2 (1.3 rounded) is this year ie year 3 of the “project”. And it does justify consideration. Haven’t checked but suspect home points per game this season is worse than the average - no club progresses without a home baseline.

Of course there were injuries/ no replacements etc but you are dismissing the fundamental issue - we simply weren’t getting the results our investment warrants.

Fwiw I didn’t want him sacked, but aside from a few games, we have been poor this season (more often than not) mostly in whole halves - see our stats about the number of times we score in both relative to others.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Correct. It was obvious BS from Jon. I mean he admitted they always have a list of potential head coaches to hand. For example, Rob Edwards was on the list before he joined Watford. 

Obviously he isn't going to admit they spoke to anyone before Nige went, but given they effectively made the decision to dispose of his services early last month, it's fairly obvious they began conversations before Nige left, which is an entirely sensible thing to do tbh.

When he spoke about morals, I suspect he meant they didn't formally interview anyone until Nige departed. 

Or speaking to agents rather than direct to managers. 

2 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Love your responses, knowledge and passion but this is harsh. Our 1.2 (1.3 rounded) is this year ie year 3 of the “project”. And it does justify consideration. Haven’t checked but suspect home points per game this season is worse than the average - no club progresses without a home baseline.

Of course there were injuries/ no replacements etc but you are dismissing the fundamental issue - we simply weren’t getting the results our investment warrants.

Fwiw I didn’t want him sacked, but aside from a few games, we have been poor this season (more often than not) mostly in whole halves - see our stats about the number of times we score in both relative to others.

“Yeah but he had no investment and his hand were tied”

if you’ve watched the games the last few years, even with no investment our squad has been competitive to most of the others in the league.

Dropping points late on was a killer, and the terrible home record has no excuse I don’t think.

10 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Would fit with a toxic ownership, look what they did to Pearson, who in his right mind would want to work for them narrative. 

I remember years ago, when SOD was appointed, he remarked that BCFC was respected as a club, within the football industry. I wonder how many people on the inside would say that today?

2 followers. 

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've gone back and watched this again this evening

I don't know if there is anything in these rumours. But watching that you can see why he may be of interest to us. 

He speaks a lot about culture and his culture aligns with the culture Nige has set here. He wouldn't need to come in and change anything like he had to at Chelsea and Everton. That culture is already here. 

He says things like outperforming ability, players driving standards, prefers to coach and improve younger players, signing players to fit the system etc etc etc.

Watching that you can see that he fits in with what we are looking for. 

Apart from the fact he doesn’t get results 

26 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just to confirm: the rumour is not true. City aren't even interested in Lampard. 

Weirdly, the rumours plays into the hands of the board. All the chat at the Gate today will be about Lampard and not Pearson.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Maybe.

If someone is struggling then no need to let them know in this way.

However have you checked out @robinforlife2 's other posts? Take a look.

Do you think it is ok to suggest he has mental health issues? Mate.

You clearly need to read back through properly before attacking me,for using that description. RobinforLife stated he/she had mental health problems and I was sincere in my compassion about it. 

Always best to actually read thoroughly before attacking someone. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

OK Fordy- I apologise if this is the case.

Please point me to the exact bit where @robinforlife2 stated he had mental health issues please as I clearly missed that bit.

Let’s just say having two people in my life with serious mental health issues one of whom is my own daughter, I’m hardly likely to go causing offence. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Stop it!!

Kid, you best wear earplugs this afternoon then. This could be one of those days when a wildfire of a fake rumour engulfs the entire ground inside 60 seconds. You can almost guarantee "X", "Y" or "Z" (or all three) will have been spotted in the Lansdown or Dolman or at the HPC or with Jon or Steve (if he's there) in the exec boxes.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

@Davefevs was quite nice reading your post until you decided to say that I like to weaken other peoples opinions and try to validate my own.

The fact you don’t see why I’ve used the phrase “cult” says to me, that you read the posts that people have put that you agree with, through rose tinted glasses. Doesn’t quite fit but couldn’t think of a better term.

People that I know and speak to have shared there opinion on here, only to be shot down, and been called “stupid”, “idiot” and other words along those lines. Rather than just having a debate. Go back through this thread and I’ve been replied to with a “utter bullshit” rather than a more educated and friendlier reply. Football is a game of opinions, never going to have anyone all agree on something. But I’ve never gone at anyone aggressively on here. Yes I’ve said there is a cult, but at times you have to fight fire with fire.

To say I’m pretty much shitting on other peoples opinions is rather ironic. Especially when I give mine and the assumption straight away is I’m a plant from BS 😂

edit: justify my own stance? No one knows my stance, appears they’ve just assumed my stance and gone from there.

And you don’t have to go quote jack, don’t know if you realised but it was me and him who was reply to each other. Despite having slightly different opinions, in a friendly manner

This is one of the best posts I’ve come across in a while. I share the same sentiment. I always make an effort to engage with people in a friendly manner, but my responses tend to mirror the tone I receive. It’s puzzling how some individuals choose to adopt an unnecessarily aggressive tone in their interactions; it’s quite perplexing. When I’m answering someone, I try to imagine they’re standing in front of me at a pub, and we’ve just met. It’s amusing how anonymity emboldens people to disregard social norms and be disrespectful. You wouldn’t speak to someone like that in person, so why do it online?

On another note, @Davefevs, I have great admiration for your contributions and your vast knowledge. However, it’s hard not to notice that you sometimes come across as the self-proclaimed expert and forum king, which I found rather amusing when you said that to someone else.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 6

49 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just to confirm: the rumour is not true. City aren't even interested in Lampard. 

True I am sure. I am half tempted to think even if we were, he would not be when he heard what was on offer.

Tins “right, this is how I want us to play and you to coach us…”