IGNORED

Name the new guvnor then

Ska Junkie

Just a bit of fun, to try to lift the gloom

After all the might be's and won't be's, name who you think will be the new head coach.

Make it want and think if you want. Most of us know naff all anyway.

Don't put Nige, we've all done that!

Want Eustace

Think Lampard

Edited by Ska Junkie

Posed the same question on the Next Head Coach thread.

WIth three now out of the frame (Rowett, Williams, and Eustace) and assuming its a youngish, head coach rather than manager, well regarded, relatively successful indiviidual, it must be someone in work as I don't see anyone that qualifies that is out of work at the moment.

Liam Manning is the lazy suggestion I suppose (cue Shags or Kid saying he's not under consideration)..

If I was SL I'd call Tony Bloom and ask: "Tone, do us a favour: if you were 15th in the Championship who would you appoint?"

Tony Bloom, seeing no threat, might be happy to oblige. While on the line, Steve might ask him if he knows of any players - in Ecuador or wherever - not quite Prem quality but good enough for 15th in the Championship. 

Steve might even go on to ask Tone, "if you had a somewhat underwhelming portfolio of sporting mediocrity to sell, any suggestions?"

And round things off with a request for a tip for Cheltenham next March ....

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

The new man undoubtedly has a job on his hands, appeasing an unhappy fanbase while dealing with interference from boardroom and training ground personnel, all in handling a small squad with high expectations. It’s not a job for a light individual and therefore the only man for the job is former Leeds United frontman Arthur Graham.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Liam Manning is the lazy suggestion I suppose (cue Shags or Kid saying he's not under consideration)..

I haven't heard it's not him, if that makes sense. If we're looking for that Luke Williams type, but clearly not Williams himself, then Manning may well have a shout. 

Was actually quite impressed with Oxford in the cup game. Had they taken their chances in the first half, the game could've had a v different outcome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Want Fleming (til Christmas, this is currently an awful situation for a new manager to walk into). Then look who’s out there. 

I get what you are saying but we need a new manager.   We can’t afford to tread water until the new year (Christmas itself would be a crazy time to bring a manager in - literally no time on the training pitch).  If the club want it to be CF then give it to him now.   But they can’t piss about for 10 weeks just to defuse a situation of their own making.