IGNORED

Name the new guvnor then

Ska Junkie

35 minutes ago, bristol red said:

I am hearing through a third party. Parent of youth team player. That’s all I can say…

I’m close to a parent of a youth team member who was on the bench for the 1st team on Saturday……. I asked info on Pearson and he said they get told **** all!!! So I doubt a youth team members dad gets kept in the loop with manger interviews you muppet 😂😂 go to bed school tomorrow! 

Edited by SODS_LAW
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SODS_LAW said:

I’m close to a parent of a 1st team member who was on the bench for the 1st team on Saturday……. I asked info on Pearson and he said they get told **** all!!! So I doubt a youth team members dad gets kept in the loop with manger interviews you muppet 😂😂 go to bed school tomorrow! 

Eff off kiddie… I am am nearly 60 years old… supported City all my life.. don’t give me same shit I’ve had to put up with through the clubs brown nosers over the past few days… you obviously asked the wrong questions to the wrong people because believe me you are talking crap!

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Why do you keep quoting yourself ? 

Really? Thanks for the compliment.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

I’m close to a parent of a youth team member who was on the bench for the 1st team on Saturday……. I asked info on Pearson and he said they get told **** all!!! So I doubt a youth team members dad gets kept in the loop with manger interviews you muppet 😂😂 go to bed school tomorrow! 

You are probably right but could have put it in a nicer way !

It is certainly possible however for youth team players to see the comings and goings at the HPC and although the First Team and Academy Offices are at opposite ends of the building the canteen is in the middle and everyone mixes to a large degree.

Some of the youth team will know early on, certainly who has been in the building, if not who has the job.

1 minute ago, bristol red said:

Eff off kiddie… I am am nearly 60 years old… supported City all my life.. don’t give me same shit I’ve had to put up with through the clubs brown nosers over the past few days… you obviously asked the wrong questions to the wrong people because believe me you are talking crap!

Really? Thanks for the compliment.

That makes no sense at all. You write something then quote yourself to carry on the conversation . It’s weird . You 
keep mentioning managers as if it’s the gospel , then say you got it from a youth teams parent . Who if what you’re saying is true wouldn’t have a clue who we’re interviewing . I might be wrong but it all seems a bit attention seeking . 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

That makes no sense at all. You write something then quote yourself to carry on the conversation . It’s weird . You 
keep mentioning managers as if it’s the gospel , then say you got it from a youth teams parent . Who if what you’re saying is true wouldn’t have a clue who we’re interviewing . I might be wrong but it all seems a bit attention seeking . 

Believe what you like mate.. just saying as I hear it anyway.. guess we will find out soon… and I’ll shut up.. (you are not Mr Lansdown are you? Or maybe Mr T? ) Sorry.. joke…

let’s just support the team as wow they need it right now!

10 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just a bit of fun, to try to lift the gloom

After all the might be's and won't be's, name who you think will be the new head coach.

Make it want and think if you want. Most of us know naff all anyway.

Don't put Nige, we've all done that!

Want Eustace

Think Lampard

Looking like frank the **** .

Based on past appointments, my guess would be someone who hasn’t managed at this high a level before, so happy to be a head coach under a Director of Football who is a bit of an unknown in wider footballing circles, relatively young and inexperienced I.e. cheap to employ, plus finally has some previous link to the club, if possible.

Based on those criteria, Luke Williams is the obvious choice. But we will see…

• Like 1

I am throwing in Kevin Muscat 

Just to be different.

Beale has done nothing, apart from lie to the QPR  fans (he will fit in well) Eustace had some good things happening with some good loans from the Prem, might be worth a go, Lampard, no idea, loved the player, cannot see what he has done for a club needing someone to play teenagers, a wage budget already spent, a need to sell a player each year for £10m plus and a squad already in place for promotion. Just cannot see Frank falling for that one. Anyone from the lower leagues will be walking into a club with no structure or strategy, and a senior management team who lie, undermine and have no idea what makes a Premier League club. It would be unfair on them. Mark Ashton, when given the chance to choose a manager, did a pretty good job based on the first part of this season. And I dislike the man. But a manager with that type of background would be interesting, someone who has extensive knowledge of what Prem teams and players look like. 

Anyway, all fun and games, we know how crap we are at recruiting, so this could end up being another in a long line of face-slappers. Imagine, just imagine, that we had limitless money, and we could afford Klopp, Pep, Ange (open your mind) and they come to an interview. The agent has already agreed to the £10m a year salary. And they sit down with Jon L and Slippery Tins. Indeed. 

I have not looked at the betting list, but I would suggest we will end up with a young "coach" who has minimal experience, and who can be manipulated and will accept input on team selection. We will not bring in anyone who knows what they are doing, as that causes the others at the club to feel inadequate and threatened. 

Only Jon L could fire a CEO with 25 years top line experience, recommended by Scudamore, CEO of the year, then a manager who had taken Leicester to the top and created a base for a title win, all in 3 months.  Nepotism is a very dangerous thing, placing your child in a role they neither understand nor are capable of performing, giving them a feeling of vulnerability as they do not know what they are doing, so they protect themselves with a comfort blanket of yes people, who help them feel adequate. It is sad, very sad to see. Worse though, it is properly screwing up the progress at our football club. Get over it Jon, resign, and go snorkelling. 

Edited by RollsRoyce
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

One positive I can see with Lampard is that he is probably of the right generation to inspire our young players. 

If I was a 16-17 year old player in the 70's and Bobby Charlton had rocked up at my club, I would have been going all out to listen to everything he said and to impress him. I would imagine that would be the case with a Lampard or a Gerrard for our kids.

Who could / would City attract. Reading the club's history; when Fred ford was sacked, Harry Dolman wanted to replace him with Frank O'Farrell the then Torquay Manager. Frank refused because Fred was a friend of his and didn't like the way City had got rid of him.

If NP is highly regarded by his compatriots, some of them may turn us down.