IGNORED

The Nigel Pearson Stand

Ivorguy

25 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

It occurs to me that SL is vulnerable to attacks on his ego.

How about unofficially renaming The Lansdown Stand The Nigel Pearson Stand;  and when new owners arrive lobby for the unofficial name to be made official.

Good point. Ill print out the 5 metre tall lettering and you scale the massive frame, climb up, and glue it down. Great plan mate. We will take him down

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Get a grip.!

He was a bloke, being paid very well, to do a job.

Parts of that job he did well - but overall our results under him were pretty uninspiring for 2.5 years..!

Definitely surprised at the timing - bit other than that, I've hardly mustered more than a "meh" at him leaving. 

So has Lansdowns ownership over 20 years very uninspiring ...

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Street red said:

And if it wasn't for Nigel Pearson and Gould the club would be in a very s*** position.

Yeah probably. That was their jobs, for which they got paid very well.

If it weren't them, maybe others might have done better - or worse - who knows.!

They both helped steady the ship, but we can't keep treading water & NP has his own health issues to worry about - not that that makes the timing of his removal make any more sense. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah probably. That was their jobs, for which they got paid very well.

If it weren't them, maybe others might have done better - or worse - who knows.!

They both helped steady the ship, but we can't keep treading water & NP has his own health issues to worry about - not that that makes the timing of his removal make any more sense. 

Worse I reckon, we were staring FFP breaches square in the face in summer 2021, it was pushing an emergency really.

The safety valve of a stadium sale had gone by summer 2021. We would have had one year to spend enough to get up in 2021-22 but not too much that we wouldn't fail.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

No matter who the manager was, the wage bill had to be cut down. You give Pearson and the cricket man too much credit for that. As was mentioned before, a different manager might of done better on the pitch than what Pearson managed to do. Time to get over it and back the new manager and players going forward. Jesus.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Another thread containing posts saying either something along the lines:

- be careful what you wish for and / or (re SL)

- someone might’ve done better (re Nige)

to frame their agenda with no consideration that:

- it’s possible to have a better owner too

- it’s possible to have done worse too

It’s a very blinkered view.

• Like 13
  • Flames 3

@UncleRed

A lot of managers wouldn't work under those conditions albeit they have to in that scenario but the job wouldn't necessarily appeal in that way.

QPR have been cutting back, look at them! Reading fell foul, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday sought to cut back and look.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Another thread containing posts saying either something along the lines:

- be careful what you wish for and / or (re SL)

- someone might’ve done better (re Nige)

Because 90 percent of people on here believe you can’t get worse than SL and you can’t get better than Pearson, and boy do they go on about it.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@UncleRed

A lot of managers wouldn't work under those conditions albeit they have to in that scenario but the job wouldn't necessarily appeal in that way.

QPR have been cutting back, look at them! Reading fell foul, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday sought to cut back and look.

A lot of managers wouldn’t I agree. But I he wasn’t the only one that would of.

51 minutes ago, Zuni said:

I don't like the "careful what you wish for" attitude

Some people in life have a worse life than me, does that mean I should not ever feel upset etc? 

Many people have better lives than me, does that mean they shouldn't feel upset etc about things in their lives because their lives are better than mine? 

See where I'm going with this? 

5 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Because 90 percent of people on here believe you can’t get worse than SL and you can’t get better than Pearson, and boy do they go on about it.

You're working late tonight?

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

It occurs to me that SL is vulnerable to attacks on his ego.

How about unofficially renaming The Lansdown Stand The Nigel Pearson Stand;  and when new owners arrive lobby for the unofficial name to be made official.

Funny you say that how could he not replace Des williams"s name after the original stand was named after Des ?  Couldave named the south stand at least after him out of decency .

Edited by Cityboy1954
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Funny you say that how could he not replace Des williams"s name after the original stand was named after Des ?  Couldave named the south stand at least after him out of decency .

Unfortunately the Lansdowns don't do the decent thing and unfortunately this isn't just about Pearson it's a load more than that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

I still call it the Williams Stand.

Whilst I obviously appreciate the money he put in to rebuild the stadium, I thought it would’ve shown real class to keep the names of the stands as they were before 2015. 
Ashton Gate has been our home for over century, it wouldn’t kill anyone to have some visible sign of that on the outside of the stadium or in the seating (Atyeo Stand aside).

Still, it’s his toy, he’s going to do whatever he wants with it.

• Like 3