IGNORED

Today's Pre Match Presser

Tomo

14 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

…. and being in the same position, rather than League 1 is a pretty impressive feat, considering the restrictions NP’s had to work under, wouldn’t you think?

No two ways about it, this sacking is stinking the place out.  Imho, no supporter who cares about the integrity of this club will find it acceptible, or justified.

That, for me, is the key legacy of Nigel's time here. He has overseen a reset in every aspect of football operations which in previous years would have seen us drop down to League 1 and have to build back better [that phrase seems familiar!!]

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just watched the Vyner interview. Got some bloke holding the microphone. Spotted a hand about 10 minutes in . Surely they can put a couple of microphones on the table. Seems so amateur 

Been the same for ages, I'm more surprised you can hear the actual questions. I generally stopped watching them because they were done so poorly, previous ones I have watched I had to go back and turn up the volume to hear the question. Non league pressers must be more professional than ours.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

There’s a very clear edit that’s gone in with 3 minutes to go, then the remaining basically 3 minutes is conveniently in total silence with no audio. Wowza 🤣🤣

My lip reading isn't what it used to be but I definitely picked up "the Lansdowns can suck my..."

Not sure what came next? Maybe it was a question about lollipops?

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

There’s a very clear edit that’s gone in with 3 minutes to go, then the remaining basically 3 minutes is conveniently in total silence with no audio. Wowza 🤣🤣

For me it freezes at about 18 mins when Fleming says he was shocked and it was a nightmare. Its then frozen for about 3 minutes and then he starts talking again for the final 2 mins or so.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

I’ve read the transcript in the BP but doesn’t seem that controversial. 

what was said?

Slightly paraphrased but main takeaways:

• Players and staff in shock
  • Knock on to 30 or 40 people, other employees, when a manager goes - not just one person is sacked.
  • Nige will be back and they will work together again
  • David Rennie one of the best in the business and has done a fantastic job
  • 2 wins in next 2 games and table would have/will look very different
  • 4 weeks time and the conversations over injuries would be very different - i.e many are returning over next 4 games or so, already 3 back in contention for Saturday
  • His focus is on Saturday and that's it - focus is on the boys(players) - absolutely no conversation about putting name in the hat
  • Talked a bit about Nige's achievements and legacy - culture installed and proud of what they've done here.
  • Sad to be leaving, it's a great club, who wouldn't be sad
Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1