IGNORED

Today's Pre Match Presser

Tomo

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it’s becoming apparent there was no plan, other than they needed an excuse to jettison Nige. Had they lined a manager up, he’d be here by now - Eustace/Lampard if wanted are available and we’ve clearly been sounding people out for weeks.

The mealy mouthed rationale, the not fronting up, the doing it at this juncture and the no movement on replacement suggests that they sacked Nige as they had to go before winnable games and players back from injury. If Lansdowns and Tinnion had one inch of courage, they’d have still sacked him after a win - but that wouldn’t play to their bullshit narrative.

I have no issue in taking time over an appointment to get it right. However, as @Kid in the Riot says, the clock for finding a replacement didn’t start last Sunday - it started some time ago. It’s wholly plausible also we’ve lost some candidates who don’t want to report to an illiterate Geordie and a know nothing Nepo baby, and the interviews/the way they’ve handled things have tipped people over the edge.

No plan. No clue. No credibility.

what a bunch of ******* morons

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, headhunter said:

That, for me, is the key legacy of Nigel's time here. He has overseen a reset in every aspect of football operations which in previous years would have seen us drop down to League 1 and have to build back better [that phrase seems familiar!!]

Totally with you on all of that.  

NP provided the massive kick up the arse this club has needed for so long and built a great backroom team and culture.  All this whilst managing to preserve our Championship status.  He’s also kicked out the deadwood and wasters and assembled a team who battle for each other and wear the shirt with pride

Instead of being grateful and taken the guidance on bosrd, the incompetents running the club have fought back and kicked his feet out from under him.

I wouldn’t put it past the numbskulls to undo everything and take us back to where we were before he arrived.

You just couldn’t make it up!!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Slightly paraphrased but main takeaways:

• Players and staff in shock
  • Knock on to 30 or 40 people, other employees, when a manager goes - not just one person is sacked.
  • Nige will be back and they will work together again
  • David Rennie one of the best in the business and has done a fantastic job
  • 2 wins in next 2 games and table would have/will look very different
  • 4 weeks time and the conversations over injuries would be very different - i.e many are returning over next 4 games or so, already 3 back in contention for Saturday
  • His focus is on Saturday and that's it - focus is on the boys(players) - absolutely no conversation about putting name in the hat
  • Talked a bit about Nige's achievements and legacy - culture installed and proud of what they've done here.
  • Sad to be leaving, it's a great club, who wouldn't be sad

Thanks for summarising.

We knew it already, will watch in full later but that just reaffirms how stitched up NP and his staff were.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

As if we needed confirmation Curtis confirms what a shower of shit are now running the club, wouldn’t surprise me if he was released tomorrow, after all he did use the word Nigel several times.

How anyone can think that Rennie didn’t know what he was doing needs to take notice of a fellow professionals view.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

I agree. 
The only thing keeping me believing something will happen before Saturday is Steve Lansdown’s self-preservation. 
If there is no new boss in the dugout this week then Lansdown will be barracked all game. If there’s a new boss then it takes away the vitriol which will head his way. 

depends if its Lee Johnson or not

• Like 1

Great press conference- loved the detail on the injuries- showed how much rubbish that snake Tinnion was talking. 

It’s such an unnecessary act of self sabotage to get rid of Nige. It is so obvious that we were tracking in the right direction. The club is a shambles- piss off Lansdowns ffs. 

Edited by Ben1980
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

Great press conference- loved the detail on the injuries- showed how much rubbish that snake Tinnion was talking. 

It’s such an unnecessary act of self sabotage to get rid of Nige. It is so obvious - we were tracking in the right direction. The club is a shambles- piss off Lansdowns ffs. 

rich robin hood GIF

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks for summarising.

We knew it already, will watch in full later but that just reaffirms how stitched up NP and his staff were.

The whole interview was unpinned with a philosophical, “that’s football” kind of vibe - but the meanings were clear.

As @petehinton said, he came out swinging for his mates, often in a read between the lines way, got some excellent points in and as always what he didn’t say was as loud as what he did say.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Thought it was a good interview, honest and forthcoming.

Confirmed his mate status and is basically going once new head coach is in.

I see we're back to conspiracy again though. There's danger in over analysing everything to fit one view of another.

I think it’s very clear he wishes he was dismissed on full pay with the rest of them but wasn’t so gave an interview that would speed up that process 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1