IGNORED

Curtis Fleming until the end of the season?

bcfcnick

Just now, bearded_red said:

Makes you proud to be ran by people with such class doesn’t it.

It certainly does, you can only hope they get treated in a similar fashion at some point in the future.

Although no doubt expecting it, to sack Curtis straight after a win must have been a huge kick in the gut for him, hope he got at least a little time to enjoy his win, although he was probably stopped in the tunnel and given the news before going home.

2 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Echo all of that, Curtis was sacked after the game yesterday.

He expected it given his comment on we'll see what happens tonight or tomorrow.

I don't know if that means we have a new HC in place ?

They could have sacked him along with the others, but needed someone to take charge of the training and select the team. If they don't have anyone in place, I would guess he was sacked because of his honest comments, it wouldn't surprise me at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

It certainly does, you can only hope they get treated in a similar fashion at some point in the future.

Although no doubt expecting it, to sack Curtis straight after a win must have been a huge kick in the gut for him, hope he got at least a little time to enjoy his win, although he was probably stopped in the tunnel and given the news before going home.

They only will be if we get a change of ownership.

Something I hope for every day.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

It's standard operating procedure though for interim coaches.

That he's gone means new coach is imminent then.

Long live the new king whoever they are

Curtis record for us unlikely to be broken 

100 per cent win ratio, greatest bcfc manager ever 

Please don’t waste your time responding to me.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

He expected it given his comment on we'll see what happens tonight or tomorrow.

I don't know if that means we have a new HC in place ?

They could have sacked him along with the others, but needed someone to take charge of the training and select the team. If they don't have anyone in place, I would guess he was sacked because of his honest comments, it wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Unveiling on Monday, get your translator ready (maybe)

5 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Yep agreed, we all knew he’d be moving on, to not even let him enjoy last night is, once again, a disgusting move from the people that unfortunately run this club.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Please don’t waste your time responding to me.

Long had them on “ignore”, one of those posters who “lost interest” doesn’t see any games, but was straight back on here to stick the knife into Pearson once he was sacked.

Learn absolutely nothing by debating with that sort.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, Zuni said:

"New brooms sweep clean". Last thing a new coach wants is any of the senior coaching team hanging around in the background.

Sure fire way to get a split in the playing camp.

Sad as it is, get rid and bring in people he knows and trusts, as Pearson did.

But that’s not the strategy is it?  It’s to be able to continue the strategy regardless of any member of staff - mainly the manager / head-coach though.

Shows a big element of either lip service or lack of understanding of the strategy on their part.

FWIW I think it’s best that the new set-up is 100% “theirs”.  So I’m not angry, but I do think it’s lacking in thought.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Very surprised an interim manager was sacked. One brought in by the last manager. How dare the Lansdowns do what every football club has done before. This forum has to be a parody

I think you are missing the point.  Nobody is surprised, yep it happens all the time.  But it also, as per my post below, continue to show a disconnect with their misaligned drip-fed reasoning for sacking Nige.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

I think you are missing the point.  Nobody is surprised, yep it happens all the time.  But it also, as per my post below, continue to show a disconnect with their misaligned drip-fed reasoning for sacking Nige.

It doesn’t though. If they believed what NP and the staff brought matched what they wanted he would still be here. NP had near 3 years to get what was wanted up and running. He didn’t and he is gone.

The sacking tells me we weren’t performing to the standard nor playing in the desired way. So why would we keep anyone from a failed regime? This isn’t NP leaving for a better job like Dean Smith leaving Brentford and Frank stepping in. They were successful we were not. Makes sense to start over. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It doesn’t though. If they believed what NP and the staff brought matched what they wanted he would still be here. NP had near 3 years to get what was wanted up and running. He didn’t and he is gone.

The sacking tells me we weren’t performing to the standard nor playing in the desired way. So why would we keep anyone from a failed regime? This isn’t NP leaving for a better job like Dean Smith leaving Brentford and Frank stepping in. They were successful we were not. Makes sense to start over. 

Problem with your account of things is that our owners obviously don’t know what they want, you only have to look at the last two decades of going round in circles despite all their cunning  five pillar plans .

• Like 13

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Nigel reporting to Curtis reporting to BT reporting to JL? Interesting!!!

A bit base over apex.

On the Curtis news - a real shame though not unexpected if a new coach is to be unveiled. Good luck Curtis and thanks for all you've done for BCFC (along with Nige, Jason and Dave).

Edited by Warwickshire Red
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Problem with your account of things is that our owners obviously don’t know what they want, you only have to look at the last two decades of going round in circles despite all their cunning  five pillar plans .

To be fair I am in between. I don’t have faith in Lansdowns at all. I just didn’t believe in NP either. I come from the point of view that I am not happy with Lansdowns or NP but NP has left and Lansdowns unlikely to be going anytime soon. 

So with that in mind, I am excited to possibly change our fortunes with a new man at the helm. With the complete understanding that we are going around in circles. If we are successful it’ll most likely be a fluke or lucky. Maybe this is our lucky appointment. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Gifs animés [TALC] - Page : 39 - En dehors du numérique - FORUM Le ...

2 hours ago, Roe said:

Yes, progression.

Prior to that we went a season with the lowest amount of attempts on goal in the division's history.

The home form has been pretty dreadful and we seldom compete against the teams at the top be it  Leicester this season or Burnley last season the tactic is park the bus and keep the score down.We do not and haven't looked like a team that are genuinely going to be in and around the top 6 during the last 3 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

The home form has been pretty dreadful and we seldom compete against the teams at the top be it  Leicester this season or Burnley last season the tactic is park the bus and keep the score down.We do not and haven't looked like a team that are genuinely going to be in and around the top 6 during the last 3 years.

We played well at Leeds.

We went to Leicester with a steadily rising injury list to which we added Vyner pre game.

Burnley at home last sesson, 2nd half we were excellent we matched them very well.

Watford at home just before the World Cup break, Parachute bolstered Watford Sarr and Pedro, we outplayed. We should've won.

Middlesbrough over Easter, possibly should have won. From 2 up yes. Enjoyable match and display anyway.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We played well at Leeds.

We went to Leicester with a steadily rising injury list to which we added Vyner pre game.

Burnley at home last sesson, 2nd half we were excellent we matched them very well.

Watford at home just before the World Cup break, Parachute bolstered Watford Sarr and Pedro, we outplayed. We should've won.

Middlesbrough over Easter, possibly should have won. From 2 up yes. Enjoyable match and display anyway.

The performance against Leicester this season was shocking like frightened little boys. The facts are City finished 17th & 14th under Nigel Pearson the football was mediocre most of the time and given the way the team have played agaiin so far(even without the injuries) this seaon the likelihood would have been a similiar league finish.I wish him well but the e reaction over the last week is simply ridiculous and is not IMO about Nigel Pearson particularly as the reality does not suggest the last 3 years was anything but mediocre the perfect word to describe Nigel's tenure.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I suppose only time will tell. If the new set up succeeds with the same players and constraints Nige had to deal with…

even though it’s sad to see the previous team go, I’d rather they went now because it’s not nice working under people who don’t want you there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m sure he was aware, and fairly compensated, that he was to be here for only 1 or 2 games. 

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We played well at Leeds.

I think this is where I am though. We never seem to be able to match sides in a one off. Always played well but lacked at the end. Watching Blackburn destroy Norwich right now. Blackburn no PP no playoffs recently but on their day can match a lot of sides. I am sure someone can tell me but yea they do this and that.

No teams are a direct comparison but we just seem to lack. I am i. The belief tactically we were being let down. Yes we can use another couple forwards but most on here laughed at anyone who said we needed more attackers in the summer. Right sided left footed with some pace I begged for but got dismissed on here. Anyway, I got off topic. We aren’t very well drilled with the ball. Think we lack a coherent press. Once passed our forwards teams are in on us. 

We have recruited well enough too. Dickie was considered QPRs best player at one point. Derby gutted about Knight leaving. McRorie left European competition for us. Atkinson came with big reputation. Naismith off Luton player of the season. Mehmeti a star L1 player. It hasn’t been put together on a match day though. The squad has more to give even if not perfect is my point. When does BCFC get their magical playoff season? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I suppose only time will tell. If the new set up succeeds with the same players and constraints Nige had to deal with…

even though it’s sad to see the previous team go, I’d rather they went now because it’s not nice working under people who don’t want you there. 

Time will tell. I am excited for the potential while realising there is a potential for a massive backfire. No risk no reward though. I don’t think the Lansdowns were massively out of line with the sacking though. 

• Like 3