IGNORED

Curtis Fleming until the end of the season?

bcfcnick

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If the three boys are fit you could easily see Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring with TGH Naismith and knight in front. That looks so much better doesn’t it. Maybe next week?

Naismith in midfield for me (quarter back role). 

May be deceiving but looks like he makes a lot of mistakes as last man in defence, not sure it there are stats for such a thing.

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

The timing of sacking Nige was so poor that I think a caretaker for the season is the way to go. We are not in a good position right now to appoint with injuries and massive fan dissatisfaction. I’d be happy if Fleming was given it til summer. Or bring an external hire in, but with a contract til the Summer. Warnock or someone. 

We’re not even half way through the season the caretaker most definitely ain’t the way to go 😂

If Curtis has gone (and I sincerely hope not) then he'll go with a 100% record as he joked about yesterday.   I thought the tweaks he made were good bringing out the best in TGH and a few others. I liked the way he set up the side. 

If the Club had any sense they would keep him on as he is the type to help a new head coach, the players like and respect him, he's a decent coach, a superb communicator and, for want of a better word, a bit of 'soul' in the Club will be lost if he goes.

A very good 'on the mark' article by James Piercy that covers Flem's time here saying "Fleming’s loyalty and friendship with Pearson means it’s likely he will move on, but he’ll surely leave as one of the most beloved assistants to have stood in a technical area alongside a manager".    

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-verdict-healing-power-8884313

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

If Curtis has gone (and I sincerely hope not) then he'll go with a 100% record as he joked about yesterday.   I thought the tweaks he made were good bringing out the best in TGH and a few others. I liked the way he set up the side. 

If the Club had any sense they would keep him on as he is the type to help a new head coach, the players like and respect him, he's a decent coach, a superb communicator and, for want of a better word, a bit of 'soul' in the Club will be lost if he goes.

A very good 'on the mark' article by James Piercy that covers Flem's time here saying "Fleming’s loyalty and friendship with Pearson means it’s likely he will move on, but he’ll surely leave as one of the most beloved assistants to have stood in a technical area alongside a manager".    

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-verdict-healing-power-8884313

Well said. Have posted elsewhere that we could do worse. This is not a Tinnion/Millen/Holden scenario. He would be the surviving embodiment of the culture that NP instilled. If you think trying to maintain some continuity with that is an important consideration, then there is logic to it, and he has a lot of respect and goodwill, partly through his close association with Nige, but also in his own right.

Not to be dismissed out of hand, but would he want it, having been a witness to this week’s car crash?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Street red said:

Still makes me sick to the stomach to see the group leave Fleming is just a quality character and very likable especially the group of players we have.

That’s a big part of what’s made many of us so angry. We haven’t just lost a very good manager, but Rennie, Euelle, and very probably Fleming as well, in due course. Bloody madness.

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Well said. Have posted elsewhere that we could do worse. This is not a Tinnion/Millen/Holden scenario. He would be the surviving embodiment of the culture that NP instilled. If you think trying to maintain some continuity with that is an important consideration, then there is logic to it, and he has a lot of respect and goodwill, partly through his close association with Nige, but also in his own right.

Not to be dismissed out of hand, but would he want it, having been a witness to this week’s car crash?

It's ironic isn't it. This is the one time that an internal appointment would make the most sense to continue the progression but nope. Obviously the geniuses at the top have decided we need to change everything yet again

6 minutes ago, Roe said:

It's ironic isn't it. This is the one time that an internal appointment would make the most sense to continue the progression but nope. Obviously the geniuses at the top have decided we need to change everything yet again

Progression? The performances  by and large and certainly  the results  have  been mediocre for 3 years. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 4

5 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Progression? The performances  by and large and certainly  the results  have  been mediocre for 3 years. 

Yes, progression.

Prior to that we went a season with the lowest amount of attempts on goal in the division's history.

Edited by Roe
  • Like 4

19th, 17 th, 14 th in successive seasons. It is progress. Slow progress, but progress none the less. Would we like it quicker ? Of course. What concerns me is that when managerial changes have been made in the past we usually get worse. Ward to Lennardson. Wilson to Tinnion. G Johnson to Coppell to Millen to McInnes to O’Driscoll. L Johnson to Holden. It is not a good record. We should not be changing the manager at this point because we are progressing, albeit slowly. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 3

9 minutes ago, Aberdeen Pete's Dad said:

19th, 17 th, 14 th in successive seasons. It is progress. Slow progress, but progress none the less. Would we like it quicker ? Of course. What concerns me is that when managerial changes have been made in the past we usually get worse. Ward to Lennardson. Wilson to Tinnion. G Johnson to Coppell to Millen to McInnes to O’Driscoll. L Johnson to Holden. It is not a good record. We should not be changing the manager at this point because we are progressing, albeit slowly. 

You didn’t finish the sequence……..

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m hearing Curtis Fleming (phlegm) has gone this morning.  Dunno if true, and will be a real shame for the continuity he could’ve brought, even if short+term, e.g. til Xmas.

But I suspect this was really a “sack all 4” but because of the need to put a team out they kept him for an extra week.

Thanks Curtis, gonna miss those dulcet Irish tones in interview, gonna miss the booming “quality” on the training videos, and his infectious love of football.  A bloke who’d openly admit he wasn’t the most gifted top flight or international player but was a top-pro.

All the best in your next job.

One would assume the new man has already been appointed then if this is the case.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’m hearing Curtis Fleming (phlegm) has gone this morning.  Dunno if true, and will be a real shame for the continuity he could’ve brought, even if short+term, e.g. til Xmas.

But I suspect this was really a “sack all 4” but because of the need to put a team out they kept him for an extra week.

Thanks Curtis, gonna miss those dulcet Irish tones in interview, gonna miss the booming “quality” on the training videos, and his infectious love of football.  A bloke who’d openly admit he wasn’t the most gifted top flight or international player but was a top-pro.

"New brooms sweep clean". Last thing a new coach wants is any of the senior coaching team hanging around in the background.

Sure fire way to get a split in the playing camp.

Sad as it is, get rid and bring in people he knows and trusts, as Pearson did.

• Sad 4

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sad he’s gone as well but inevitable with Pearson going. Such a shame the Lansdowns have ripped up the best management team we’ve had in ages.

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Zuni said:

"New brooms sweep clean". Last thing a new coach wants is any of the senior coaching team hanging around in the background.

Good luck with that there is now a big risk that the hard work getting a strong team spirit together is going to disappear. Please tell me why did it need to be swept clean? It's like cleaning a floor to a good standard  spending hours to get it right then that one person comes in with muddy feet!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Good luck with that there is now a big risk that the hard work getting a strong team spirit together is going to disappear. Please tell me why did it need to be swept clean? It's like cleaning a floor to a good standard  spending hours to get it right then that one person comes in with muddy feet!

Or maybe not.

3 minutes ago, Zuni said:

Harsh as it is, and perhaps needs to be, I do accept there's a lot of common sense in that, but there is also a counter-argument about throwing out the proverbial baby with the bathwater that applies particularly to Rennie's departure. It means the whole culture-defining network of relationships that NP carefully assembled has been dismantled. It seems wantonly destructive and I can't see how it serves the best interests of the football club.

Hell hath no fury like a bruised ego. it would appear.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My thoughts too as from a post only an hour before.

Don’t know why our Head of Football operations couldn’t have taken charge for just the one game, if they always intended to sack Curtis soon after.

It’s like they don’t have the confidence to do so but he seems to be an expert on sports science, thinks he could pick a better team than Pearson..

Odd that he didn’t front up, eh?

Last spell in charge for him went really well, too.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Echo all of that, Curtis was sacked after the game yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes I’m going to miss him too. Such a shame ☹️

Just now, Countryfile said:

Echo all of that, Curtis was sacked after the game yesterday.

🤬☹️