IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

😂😂 “but it stuff pulls the plug” and in this fantasyland you could say the same about any owner of any business?  

You’ve been dangling that rod for days, desperate to get that moneys worth for that fiver ain’t ya?  Here’s to another 13000 posts, I’ll raise a jar to your noble sacrifice.  Maybe you could chuck some over to Steve, just incase he pulls the plug

Yep- I'll continue to support OTIB and also BCFC. As SL loses c£30,000,000 per annum keeping the club afloatt:BCFC are , were, and will be a loss making football club so I don't share your flippant disregard to money and sustainability. 

I support OTIB because there are a number of people who behind the scenes give up their time (unpaid) to give us a largely great forum. This seems lost on those who feel entitled.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That isn't strictly true, it depends on how he is running us and what terms that pulling the plug would entail.

If he is running us on a cash breakeven basis then it would depend on the debt and his views about it.

Is he running us on a break even basis? The accounts suggest otherwise as do the accounts of the majority of EFL clubs.

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Is he running us on a break even basis? The accounts suggest otherwise as do the accounts of the majority of EFL clubs.

Cash Flow statement is the key.

He certainly hasn't been so far but I have a feeling the Scott sale and how cash flow falls there, combined with costs falling and the relatively limited inbound activity, well we shall see..when the accounts for last season are out it'll be instructive.

Healthy position it isn't but it maybe somewhat healthier now.

Screenshot_20231103-210619_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.e33cf00aae36ea73d7a4a6935ad35c7d.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yep- I'll continue to support OTIB and also BCFC. As SL loses c£30,000,000 per annum keeping the club afloatt:BCFC are , were, and will be a loss making football club so I don't share your flippant disregard to money and sustainability. 

I support OTIB because there are a number of people who behind the scenes give up their time (unpaid) to give us a largely great forum. This seems lost on those who feel entitled.

£30mil is it now?.  

I disregard sustainability, but City lose £30mil (by your reckoning).  That’s not very sustainable chief. Want to try again,  as that gotcha misses the target.

And after 20 years at the helm, failing to be sustainable at this point (if that is indeed the aim) is only on the shoulders of one person and their choices. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

He certainly hasn't been so far but I have a feeling the Scott sale and how cash flow falls there, combined with costs falling and the relatively limited inbound activity, well we shall see..when the accounts for last season are out it'll be instructive.

Ok- so even with the transfer income ( which 100% guaranteed will be used to pay up for Nigel, pay up a new coach and crack open some of the so-called nest egg) will BCFC even come close to break even? One swallow does not a summer make.

You have been extremely analytical regarding profit/loss/sustainability sometimes to the same extent as DaveFevs in his analysis of players/formations.

I'd bet my shirt on the fact that BCFC will not break even now with SL or in the future with another owner unless promotion happens. For BCFC to be promoted requires a huge slice of luck or cash- both of which appear unlikely albeit that the former is more likely than the latter.

8 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

£30mil is it now?.  

I disregard sustainability, but City lose £30mil (by your reckoning).  That’s not very sustainable chief. Want to try again,  as that gotcha misses the target.

And after 20 years at the helm, failing to be sustainable at this point (if that is indeed the aim) is only on the shoulders of one person and their choices. 

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Healthy position it isn't but it maybe somewhat healthier now.

Screenshot_20231103-210619_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.e33cf00aae36ea73d7a4a6935ad35c7d.jpg

FAO @Barrs Court Red     Hahahahaha!

NO- not by my reckoning- by the reckoning of the accounts just posted by @Mr Popodopolous

Pretty much only a football fan could say " I disregard sustainability" !!!

Best advice: when you've dug yourself a hole, stop digging.

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

NO- not by my reckoning- by the reckoning of the accounts just posted by @Mr Popodopolous

Steve has talked about sustainability for years but hasn't actually practised it, not least when he indulged Ashton and Johnson in doubling the wage bill to unsustainable levels.

I don't believe any Championship club without parachute payments can be sustainable in the sense of breaking even or being in profit year on year.

But the irony is that Gould, Pearson and others were moving us to a more sustainable status.

Who knows what the strategy will be now and whether we will see another volte-face? Watch this space!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I mean, you literally suggested it in your post …”flippant disregard to” is probably where you want to reread. 

As back and forth go, this is low energy. Raise the game, but most importantly remember how you worded your previous posts - but maybe on another thread, as this is meant to be about Liam Manning.  

• Like 1

I am trying to extrapolate still.

We assume the consolidated wage bill is down to around £5m, you can reduce the cost contribution or need for it by £5m right thete.

Surely the payment on Intangible Assets down by several million..otoh maybe the payment received for Intangible Assets also down a bit.

Amortisation down definitely but that's a non cash expense anyway.

Maybe not cash breakeven but surely markedly reduced?

You know what my laat post on finance on the thread..don't think Manning would be an upgrade and isn't quire of the young manager profile if we go for one who would push us on. IMO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

39 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Nigel Pearson to Liam Manning. This is a wind up I assume?

Pearson to anybody is a joke, to be fair, when you chuck in all the circumstances of the club in its situation and the work the bloke has put in. This is why I would rather they now went wacky with the likes of a Lampard. Surely nobody wants to see it be a bloke who’s apparently doing well at… x y z or whatever lower league club you care to mention. 
i seriously think I’d prefer the out there appointment, now we have reached the point we’re at.

Nothing to lose now, except everything.

But we know whose fault that will be anyway.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Steve has talked about sustainability for years but hasn't actually practised it, not least when he indulged Ashton and Johnson in doubling the wage bill to unsustainable levels.

I don't believe any Championship club without parachute payments can be sustainable in the sense of breaking even or being in profit year on year.

But the irony is that Gould, Pearson and others were moving us to a more sustainable status.

Who knows what the strategy will be now and whether we will see another volte-face? Watch this space!

Yep- it has been talked about by Steve and even Nige. The fact is that pretty much EVERY EFL club is not sustainable without covering losses.

As for NP & Gould (and others... whoever the others are?) moving us to a more sustainable status is not irony> It was what they were tasked as doing- it was part of the job description although with Gould - it was the job description and he did a great job. Nige played his part by shaking out the higher paid players and forming a team who fought for each other and didnt give up. IMO they sacked him too soon BUT I remain convinced it was not about results.

20 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yep- it has been talked about by Steve and even Nige. The fact is that pretty much EVERY EFL club is not sustainable without covering losses.

As for NP & Gould (and others... whoever the others are?) moving us to a more sustainable status is not irony> It was what they were tasked as doing- it was part of the job description although with Gould - it was the job description and he did a great job. Nige played his part by shaking out the higher paid players and forming a team who fought for each other and didnt give up. IMO they sacked him too soon BUT I remain convinced it was not about results.

Others simply refers to the fact that while Gould and Pearson were the leaders in their respective roles they would have had others working for and with them who would have played their part.

Steve clearly believes the club can be sustainable as he kept talking about it. But it is ironic that while talking about sustainability he allowed Ashton to create a near financial disaster then told us what a good job he did whereas Pearson delivered what he was tasked with by slashing costs, was given no credit then sacked.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

57 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Ok- so even with the transfer income ( which 100% guaranteed will be used to pay up for Nigel, pay up a new coach and crack open some of the so-called nest egg) will BCFC even come close to break even? One swallow does not a summer make.

You have been extremely analytical regarding profit/loss/sustainability sometimes to the same extent as DaveFevs in his analysis of players/formations.

I'd bet my shirt on the fact that BCFC will not break even now with SL or in the future with another owner unless promotion happens. For BCFC to be promoted requires a huge slice of luck or cash- both of which appear unlikely albeit that the former is more likely than the latter.

FWIW I think we might turn a profit THIS season…unless we go mad in January.

• Like 1

I personally would be excited by it, but only because of the circumstance. 

He’s an extremely good coach, what he did at MK was incredible. What he’s doing at Oxford is incredible. They play really excellent football. He’d be my third choice after Carsley & Williams, but don’t see either of those coming for different reasons. 

However….to make his own stamp and implement his style, he will definitely need signings. No doubt about that. And I certainly wouldn’t have sacked Pearson for him. 

But, that’s the situation we’re in & the corner that the club have backed themselves into.  

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 5

2 years or so ago, Ipswich appointed McKenna who very few had heard of outside of Manchester. At the time most of us would have thought that was an uninspiring appointment but he has done well. 

So maybe, just maybe it might turn out to be a good appointment, if indeed the rumours are right.

• Like 3

Just now, Sarumred said:

2 years or so ago, Ipswich appointed McKenna who very few had heard of outside of Manchester. At the time most of us would have thought that was an uninspiring appointment but he has done well. 

So maybe, just maybe it might turn out to be a good appointment, if indeed the rumours are right.

& Rob Edwards went from league 2 to the prem in 15 months…..

• Like 1