IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I don't understand why your main criteria seems to be "language used in a press conference"...and yet you were banging the Lampard drum. 

Lampard the "er yeh we were bad...hahahahaha...yeh but no seriously we do actually have to play well" guy!

Banging the Lampard drum? Really?

But give me Lampard and his premier league and Champions league experience over some guy that's been at Oxford for a few months any day.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RobinTuga said:

He was, honestly doesn't look like they've truly recovered from selling Scott Twine and Harry Darling since then.

Think the first big loss was Matt O’Riley who went to Celtic in the winter window when they were flying.

When I was first building out my vizzes in their current guise, I remember looking at the passing stats of O’Riley, and they were off the scale, but all the MK Dons players were.  One if the reasons I started to add some team-based metrics to my vizzes so you have that extra context.

@Harry possibly watched them a fair bit that season..

Edited by Davefevs

Manning is exactly the type of Coach I see City bringing in.

Not saying it's going to be him...but he ticks boxes in my head that JL, SL and Tins would want. 

Can talk and talk and talk...like LJ...bingo bullshit, but also won't rock the boat. He wouldn't make those above him feel inferior. 

After NP...no way will City fans put up with that gattling gun type of communication. If I was a player and he spoke to me in that manner...I'd switch off after a minute. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think the first big loss was Matt O’Riley who went to Celtic in the winter window when they were flying.

When I was first building out my vizzes in their current guise, I remember looking at the passing stats of O’Riley, and they were off the scale, but all the MK Dons players were.  One if the reasons I started to add some team-based metrics to my vizzes so you have that extra context.

@Harry possibly watched them a fair bit that season..

I did. But we’re not at 10 pages yet 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Again, trying to look through this of the lens of “He’s not Nige and I’d rather Nige”…

I did think the 5-1 against Oxford didn’t tell the full story. They were well in the game first half and had a good few chances. I thought they played decent football and were a good side. His MK Dons team were also a good set up until the family silver was sold.

Against that, as has been noted he’s not a huge distance away from a sacking at the level below. The dropoff after losing key players - and a major dropoff - is a real concern. As a parallel, had he been City manager and lost Scott/Semenyo, there is real doubt as to how he would have coped, and at a level above.

I don’t inherently dislike him but for me there are too many question marks at the moment and the above, considering our position of selling our best players, is a real red flag. I think if he showed consistency in performance for another year-18 months he’s a good shout. But I’m probably landing on the side of No at the moment for the above reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Manning is exactly the type of Coach I see City bringing in.

Not saying it's going to be him...but he ticks boxes in my head that JL, SL and Tins would want. 

Can talk and talk and talk...like LJ...bingo bullshit, but also won't rock the boat. He wouldn't make those above him feel inferior. 

After NP...no way will City fans put up with that gattling gun type of communication. If I was a player and he spoke to me in that manner...I'd switch off after a minute. 

The bullshitters want a bullshitter.

No shit.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Again, trying to look through this of the lens of “He’s not Nige and I’d rather Nige”…

I did think the 5-1 against Oxford didn’t tell the full story. They were well in the game first half and had a good few chances. I thought they played decent football and were a good side. His MK Dons team were also a good set up until the family silver was sold.

Against that, as has been noted he’s not a huge distance away from a sacking at the level below. The dropoff after losing key players - and a major dropoff - is a real concern. As a parallel, had he been City manager and lost Scott/Semenyo, there is real doubt as to how he would have coped, and at a level above.

I don’t inherently dislike him but for me there are too many question marks at the moment and the above, considering our position of selling our best players, is a real red flag. I think if he showed consistency in performance for another year-18 months he’s a good shout. But I’m probably landing on the side of No at the moment for the above reasons.

The board cannot talk about play offs and appoint this guy. Typical Bristol City, I loved the rebuild under Nige, now it feels so flat. I could not stand Johnson but I’d have him over Manning!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Banging the Lampard drum? Really?

But give me Lampard and his premier league and Champions league experience over some guy that's been at Oxford for a few months any day.

Someone who's failed at a high level rather than succeeded at a lower one.

Ok I can understand that. Don't agre with it, but I can understand it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think if he showed consistency in performance for another year-18 months he’s a good shout. But I’m probably landing on the side of No at the moment for the above reasons.

Problem is, like with promising lower league players, if that happens bigger and better clubs than us would be after him and we would have no chance. It's take a gamble now, or forget him.

1 hour ago, Super said:

I don't know much about this guy but there are some odd reactions on here. You do realise we aren't going to attract a Pep or a Klopp!

It's twofold I think, perhaps threefold.

One a lightning rod with growing dissatisfaction of how the club is being run.

Secondly, a feeling NP was hard done by without doubt.

Third, a fear or perhaps resignation that the new coach will not be of a similar level to NP, let alone better.

None of the names truly inspire yet.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Well that article makes it sound like an appointment is not imminent.

It’s not, but he will be of pretty strong consideration, dare I say even top of the list, for Piercy to break the lines and run with the story as the first person to announce it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s not, but he will be of pretty strong consideration, dare I say even top of the list, for Piercy to break the lines and run with the story as the first person to announce it 

Putting pressure on Oxford and turning Manning's head.. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 1

This is exactly the kind of appointment I expected when Pearson was sacked. Lower league man who will toe the line, not rock the boat, and tell everyone what great owners the Lansdowns are at every opportunity. Very underwhelming and pretty depressing… at least the Lampard stuff was amusing for a while. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1