IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

Just now, Robin101 said:

Was he the bloke in charge at MK Dons when they were absolutely flying in League One and winning all sorts of plaudits for the football they played?

If so… could be interested. 

He was, honestly doesn't look like they've truly recovered from selling Scott Twine and Harry Darling since then.

I’m basing my hopes that newspapers / online offerings need something every day to fill space. Anything that makes a story and fills a page goes  into print / online. Today it’s Manning tomorrow it will be someone else until the truth emerges 

5 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

People acting as if it was Man City playing a league 1 team ffs…..mental how anyone could actually think sacking Pearson for this guy would be good.

What is about Manning’s style of play and his coaching methods that you hate so much? Must be pretty clued up.

Imo, I still think sacking Pearson was ridiculous and totally unneeded at this point but I’d sooner give someone like Manning a go over Frank Lampard. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

What is about Manning’s style of play and his coaching methods that you hate so much? Must be pretty clued up.

Imo, I still think sacking Pearson was ridiculous and totally unneeded at this point but I’d sooner give someone like Manning a go over Frank Lampard. 

Simply comes across as if he is reading from LJs play book. 

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

What are you talking about????? Where the hell have i said i hate him! Such an odd take.

I think manning would be a very good appointment, young progressive coach with a reputation for playing good football he has earned his stripes the game has evolved and moved on most clubs now are hiring coaches in the manning mould I'd be pleased if this comes off I'd much rather manning then lampard or Gary rawatt that's for sure 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Depends what context the discussion is about. Do I want to listen to comments like box entry’s and that sort of guff that LJ used to come out with after a 6th straight defeat, no of course not.

However, if the discussion is about coaching methods or how you set your teams up, I’m perfectly happy for a HC/manager to show a higher amount of footballing intelligence. 

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

You seem to have a dislike for him, just wondering what you know about him that would make a decision to be ‘mental’. 

Fella, i think you are getting yourself confused here, maybe you are reading somebody else’s comments & getting confused with me - i have made 2 posts on this thread, read them back & if you still feel that way, then unfortunately i can’t help you. Neither one makes it sound like i have a personal dislike for him. I don’t know much about him apart from the fact that less than a year ago he was sacked at MK Dons for being joint bottom of League 1.

Do i think sacking Pearson for this bloke (if it happens) is mental? Yes, absolutely, especially as the Lansdowns have made clear that promotion is the expectation.

I assume you probably wanted Pearson sacked?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't understand why your main criteria seems to be "language used in a press conference"...and yet you were banging the Lampard drum. 

Lampard the "er yeh we were bad...hahahahaha...yeh but no seriously we do actually have to play well" guy!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't know much about this guy but there are some odd reactions on here. You do realise we aren't going to attract a Pep or a Klopp!

Not we won't, but we did attract someone who'd got a team promoted into the Premier League though, in fact we've appointed three managers who's achieved that ( Wilson Coppell Pearson ) - it didn't work out with the first 2 but the ambition was there, so why should we be excited about lower league managers and coaches with no achievements on their CV. Where's the ambition, what was the point of sacking Pearson?  Why not simply back him a bit more?  If the board were so determined to sack him then why aren't they looking to replace him with someone better? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Fella, i think you are getting yourself confused here, maybe you are reading somebody else’s comments & getting confused with me - i have made 2 posts on this thread, read them back & if you still feel that way, then unfortunately i can’t help you. Neither one makes it sound like i have a personal dislike for him. I don’t know much about him apart from the fact that less than a year ago he was sacked at MK Dons for being joint bottom of League 1.

Do i think sacking Pearson for this bloke (if it happens) is mental? Yes, absolutely, especially as the Lansdowns have made clear that promotion is the expectation.

I assume you probably wanted Pearson sacked?

No I’ve said before, I was fuming with board that they sacked Pearson and still in two minds whether to bother going down on Saturday. 

But if the remit is to play a more attacking game under someone who will lead the coaching throughout the week then no, I wouldn’t call it a mental decision. 
That’s not to say that I’m still not disappointed Pearson has left and even more annoyed that there seems to be a complete lack of respect from the board towards NP after the thankless job he has performed over the last 2 1/2 years. 

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Not we won't, but we did attract someone who'd got a team promoted into the Premier League though, in fact we've appointed three managers who's achieved that ( Wilson Coppell Pearson ) - it didn't work out with the first 2 but the ambition was there, so why should we be excited about lower league managers and coaches with no achievements on their CV. Where's the ambition, what was the point of sacking Pearson?  Why not simply back him a bit more?  If the board were so determined to sack him then why aren't they looking to replace him with someone better? 

Because as been said many times the reason for the sacking was not football but personal , which means anyone’s better than Pearson in there eyes 

• Like 1