IGNORED

Songs for the lansdowns

Alan Dicks

9 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

He’s the meanest he sucks a horses, you No the rest 

I've not heard that for years. I laughed when I read that.

Been sang so many times in years gone by. One of my personal faves was directed at Johnny Byrne playing for Sunderland. He ended up sticking at least 1 finger up to the East End. Days!!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

They are very fortunate we have a minutes silence for remembrance day...

They are very fortunate - this is the mild, mild West Country. And things aren't what they used to be. And that the 2015 rebuild and that concourse have softened any semblance of old-school agitation, such as there is, or was. And that there was the money to put distance between the riff-raff and the well-to-do. And that there are glass boxes to retire into. And that this is not Everton. 

• Like 1

I wonder if there will be any kind of protest against the board. There is a lot of anger online but we are all being very Bristol like about it. Complain on the forum but don’t actually do much else. 
Would be nice to get a minute’s applause for Nige at some point at the game or maybe a silent protest against the board at half time. 

No more heroes ?

3 minutes ago, Capman said:

I wonder if there will be any kind of protest against the board. There is a lot of anger online but we are all being very Bristol like about it. Complain on the forum but don’t actually do much else. 
Would be nice to get a minute’s applause for Nige at some point at the game or maybe a silent protest against the board at half time. 

I remember the windows gett

45 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes, even us non-singers might give it a go. 

No marching powder or cider required tomorrow, that's for sure.

Remember to warm up first, I suggest the Nova Scotia. Else you pull a hamstring. Or a vocal chord. You might need a hymn sheet too, so there's a bit of singing from the krek one (not the one from 84/5). We could get a Bermuda call-and-response type triangle thing going between you, @GrahamC and that @EnclosureSurge (who will need to invitation, or popular boss sacked). This is going to be some occasion! Sheffield Wednesday will be like: wtf's going on here?

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

I won’t be there tomorrow, due to life’s circumstances I don’t get down the Gate as often as when i was younger.

Just wondering if you singers have any songs for the two clowns lined up for tomorrow?

Not a terrace song, but sooooooooooooooooooo Bristol City...

And now the pressure's on, the heat is rising
The time has come to stop apologising
'Cause when the skies go clear
The threat of rain is always here with you

Edited by Curr Avon

19 minutes ago, Capman said:

Spot on, sod all will happen. We will go down there tomorrow, watch the football and not do much else, guaranteed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Remember to warm up first, I suggest the Nova Scotia. 

No chance. I'll be needing the lavatory a dozen times before the interval.

Perhaps I could just lean over and piss on the seats below - who's in the executive suite down there?

Hang on, this is a great idea. The beers are on me at the Nova!

18 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We want Nigel back, we want Nigel back.

or

We want Pearson back, we want Pearson back.

Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board.

Most of us are so livid about this, I hope it turns ugly.  SL and JL are both well aware of how we feel, but by the sounds of it, couldn't care less.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they don't care, but that they think they are right when everyone else thinks they are wrong