IGNORED

A word or two from Oxford

Marina's Rolls Royce

However, if he winds up staying then I'll be absolutely furious that we have a manager so lacking in ambition he wouldn't take a step up when offered on a plate."

"You should’ve called him a Judas and a selfish pr*ck and a liar and a snake and a sneaky **** and questioned his integrity as a man as well as a professional.
You would have come across as much more reasonable”.

"Cost us a few quid but could we just not be really petty and sack Manning before he goes? Just a tiny, small, vindictive move that I would get fully behind.”

"I hope you get relegated, Bristol Rovers finish above you and you all come down with the shits.”

"Bristol City are a very ordinary club that will forever be stuck in the Championship at best. No matter how much money they spend or who manages the club, they just don't seem to do anything in that league of note. Big crowds, nice ground but absolutely nothing else and I can't see how even Manning could turn it around if he went. One wrong move could easily sour is career if it doesn't work out and he wont want two sackings on his record before he's 40.

Here is City's finishing positions since returning to the second tier: 18th, 17th, 11th, 8th, 12th, 19th, 17th, 14th. They are currently 11th and whilst nicely poised, there's probably still a good 10 teams in that league guaranteed to finish above them no matter who is in the crows nest.”

"Hurry up and make the announcement so I can start throwing my poo at the walls and verbally abuse my fellow posters.”

"They have spent little time in the top flight. Barely more than us. It might be tempting for obvious reasons for Manning to try his hand in the Championship. However, they are not such a big club that it is a given he will go there over trying to get us up. If it was a Leeds or Ipswich etc, it would be different.”

"They're a bigger club than Bournemouth, Brentford or Luton......arguably Fulham too......an ambitious manager might well think they can achieve the same as that lot with Bristol City, if they get it right.”

"Bit disappointed the club aren't giving us live coverage on what's going on."

"In the absence of any concrete information, are there any brave forumites who fancy trawling for updates from Twitter? Feels like it's time for another update from an unverified account, who has no track record of any sort and fewer than 50 followers."
  • Like 1

This bit from Oxford could have been written by many on OTIB:

“Bristol City are a very ordinary club that will forever be stuck in the Championship at best. No matter how much money they spend or who manages the club, they just don't seem to do anything in that league of note. Big crowds, nice ground but absolutely nothing else and I can't see how even Manning could turn it around if he went. One wrong move could easily sour is career if it doesn't work out and he wont want two sackings on his record before he's 40.

Here is City's finishing positions since returning to the second tier: 18th, 17th, 11th, 8th, 12th, 19th, 17th, 14th. They are currently 11th and whilst nicely poised, there's probably still a good 10teams in that league guaranteed to finish above them no matter who is in the crows nest.”

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Oxford are sad and bitter towards us and we are sad and bitter towards Bournemouth.  Not sure who they are sad and bitter towards but it will be someone. The football ladder 

8 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

Can't they just cut out the middle man and be angry with Bournemouth (by association)?

Are we Ronnie Barker?

Class-REX.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
  • Flames 3

Used to really enjoy going to Oxford. ( Except, I think, one game that was abandoned at half time for fog?) Old ground was authentic and atmospheric, although the club was too tight to print tickets so you had to roll up an hour+ in advance to be sure to get in. Now I think it’s another New Den in fields and next to a dual carriageway.

19 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Used to really enjoy going to Oxford. ( Except, I think, one game that was abandoned at half time for fog?) Old ground was authentic and atmospheric, although the club was too tight to print tickets so you had to roll up an hour+ in advance to be sure to get in. Now I think it’s another New Den in fields and next to a dual carriageway.

Was at the 1-1 draw in the fog. It didn’t get abandoned. Should have, couldn’t see bugger all. Fans behind the goal asking Andy Leaning what was going on 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Oxford are sad and bitter towards us and we are sad and bitter towards Bournemouth.  Not sure who they are sad and bitter towards but it will be someone. The football ladder 

Indeed. Such is life. We are a fair few rungs up the proverbial football ladder than Oxford who as i said on a previous post haven’t played football at this level in almost 26 years..

They can say all they want about us being mediocre in the Championship  (which granted we have) but where the **** have they been the last 15-20 years? Bobbing around the fourth tier/ third tier and having a nice little stint in non-league (similar to our blue neighbours) all whilst getting at best no more than 8 k home gates..

Edited by Bris Red
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

I hope that someone from our forum goes onto their forum and suggests that City will support their new manager in buying their best players and just leave them with the dregs. We already seem to have done this in the past and the manager would know who to buy.  They might find some repose by contemplating this....

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This bit from Oxford could have been written by many on OTIB:

“Bristol City are a very ordinary club that will forever be stuck in the Championship at best. No matter how much money they spend or who manages the club, they just don't seem to do anything in that league of note. Big crowds, nice ground but absolutely nothing else and I can't see how even Manning could turn it around if he went. One wrong move could easily sour is career if it doesn't work out and he wont want two sackings on his record before he's 40.

Here is City's finishing positions since returning to the second tier: 18th, 17th, 11th, 8th, 12th, 19th, 17th, 14th. They are currently 11th and whilst nicely poised, there's probably still a good 10teams in that league guaranteed to finish above them no matter who is in the crows nest.”

Think they’ve got us pretty well sussed, looking at that.

About time this club pulls its collective finger out and stops being a beige, dull, underperforming club with big potential, which is never realised.

We’ve been waiting long enough!!!

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

I was there when we won 3-1 (I think) in the league cup.

49 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Was at the 1-1 draw in the fog. It didn’t get abandoned. Should have, couldn’t see bugger all. Fans behind the goal asking Andy Leaning what was going on 

I was there. Fog was so thick that when I told @Bedred31 at half time that it was abandoned he couldn’t see any better so he went home. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

I hope that someone from our forum goes onto their forum and suggests that City will support their new manager in buying their best players and just leave them with the dregs. We already seem to have done this in the past and the manager would know who to buy.  They might find some repose by contemplating this....

They have already got their revenge..... Sent us bloody Mark Ashton...

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

However, if he winds up staying then I'll be absolutely furious that we have a manager so lacking in ambition he wouldn't take a step up when offered on a plate."

"You should’ve called him a Judas and a selfish pr*ck and a liar and a snake and a sneaky **** and questioned his integrity as a man as well as a professional.
You would have come across as much more reasonable”.

"Cost us a few quid but could we just not be really petty and sack Manning before he goes? Just a tiny, small, vindictive move that I would get fully behind.”

"I hope you get relegated, Bristol Rovers finish above you and you all come down with the shits.”

"Bristol City are a very ordinary club that will forever be stuck in the Championship at best. No matter how much money they spend or who manages the club, they just don't seem to do anything in that league of note. Big crowds, nice ground but absolutely nothing else and I can't see how even Manning could turn it around if he went. One wrong move could easily sour is career if it doesn't work out and he wont want two sackings on his record before he's 40.

Here is City's finishing positions since returning to the second tier: 18th, 17th, 11th, 8th, 12th, 19th, 17th, 14th. They are currently 11th and whilst nicely poised, there's probably still a good 10 teams in that league guaranteed to finish above them no matter who is in the crows nest.”

"Hurry up and make the announcement so I can start throwing my poo at the walls and verbally abuse my fellow posters.”

"They have spent little time in the top flight. Barely more than us. It might be tempting for obvious reasons for Manning to try his hand in the Championship. However, they are not such a big club that it is a given he will go there over trying to get us up. If it was a Leeds or Ipswich etc, it would be different.”

"They're a bigger club than Bournemouth, Brentford or Luton......arguably Fulham too......an ambitious manager might well think they can achieve the same as that lot with Bristol City, if they get it right.”

"Bit disappointed the club aren't giving us live coverage on what's going on."

"In the absence of any concrete information, are there any brave forumites who fancy trawling for updates from Twitter? Feels like it's time for another update from an unverified account, who has no track record of any sort and fewer than 50 followers."

Glad to see they are all taking it so well 

• Like 1