IGNORED

A word or two from Oxford

Marina's Rolls Royce

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Just checked, you're right, it was a Consul 3 litre GT.

In a poor attempt to get this football related, I think Jack Regan would have made a great manager, proper hair dryer at half time even if winning.

He should have managed Oxford after retiring as Inspector Morse.

There you go, back on topic.

Either him (Regan) or George Cowley from The Professionals - my other top TV watch from those days. Either of them would have made great football managers !!!

7 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I had a Triumph TR7 convertible. Loved it - but it was a rustbucket. It was as much a hobby for me back then at 21 as it was a form of transportation. 

I had a TR6 (great, but it started to rust) then grew up (not) and got a Stag (Rover 3.5 engine). Also had a Dolomite Sprint at some point which had the head gasket shaved a couple of times before scrapping it. Happy days...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I had a TR6 (great, but it started to rust) then grew up (not) and got a Stag (Rover 3.5 engine). Also had a Dolomite Sprint at some point which had the head gasket shaved a couple of times before scrapping it. Happy days...

I wanted a Stag.  Beautiful looking and sounding machine. Put a deposit down on one from a reclaim yard in Risca - a Mk1 - J reg 1971.  It had the original 3.0 Triumph V8 which was running, but needed loads of other work. 
i chickened out and lost my deposit. That was when I lived in Bishopsworth in 1989. 
I would still love to own one even now. 

You owned some great machines. TR6’s are fetching big money now. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Add comments

Last time I went to see City at Oxford must have been late 90's early 2000 ish and to this very day it is still the most boring game I can remember 

The shenanigans that came before and if I remember correctly after the game were quite the opposite with a few Oxford lads getting a bit of a hiding after running up an alleyway which happened to be w dead end.

Still a very nice city is Oxford but like most places in the UK it has its problems.

I lived in Headington for years. A couple of the estates could be a bit hairy if you were not aware of your surroundings. I think Blackbird Leas had plenty of social issues! 

Oxford appeared in a book called crap towns with a picture of Rape Alley. 

A few Herbert’s could get a bit Leary at the football and there was always needle between Oxford and Swindon but that statement is really all you need to know. 

Edited by REDOXO

22 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

You’re right - on reflection I don’t remember Saturday evening TV being much unless you were into the American series. Magnum PI? Hawaii 5-0?
Starsky and Hutch were Saturday evenings I believe - which I used to enjoy. 

Was it a Granada or a Consul? They were the same (really cool) shape and I’d love to have one of either model now. 

Sorry I am ruining the thread with my reminiscing…..

You had Kojak and Cannon on too. Before that it was A Man Called Ironside.

• Like 1