IGNORED

What’s the story Ross McCrorie

Malago

On 25/11/2023 at 21:37, grifty said:

Good use of £2 million!

From a money perspective I see what you ate trying to say but don't think you have worded it at all well. 

It's not like we bought a shit player and he has gone for nothing.

The guy has a illness that could not be forseen and as such it's hard to make any kind of judgement. It's no different to Dean Horrix (spl) who died in a car accident just after we signed him. It's a situation far beyond out control and can't be looked at from a business sense in my opinion.

There is also the personal factor to take into account, I am sure if Ross is reading this he will be hurt that through no fault of his own some view him a waste of money.

I hope other posters can respond with some level of dignity and thought

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

Some of these posts are out of order. Just because the OP has posted something that you and I by the way disagree with does not mean he should be insulted like he is.

This forum used to have a policy of attack the post and not the poster, well that seems to have ended.

Just because someone thinks different to you does not mean they should be abused. 

I bet those attacking would not dare to do it to someone's face.

COWARDS

I meant Griftys post

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

From a money perspective I see what you ate trying to say but don't think you have worded it at all well. 

It's not like we bought a shit player and he has gone for nothing.

The guy has a illness that could not be forseen and as such it's hard to make any kind of judgement. It's no different to Dean Horrix (spl) who died in a car accident just after we signed him. It's a situation far beyond out control and can't be looked at from a business sense in my opinion.

There is also the personal factor to take into account, I am sure if Ross is reading this he will be hurt that through no fault of his own some view him a waste of money.

I hope other posters can respond with some level of dignity and thought

I meant Griftys post

Thanks, my original post was certainly not a dig at Ross, the club, or anyone.

More that we have outlaid a decent chunk of money and not been able to get anything out of that so far which is frustrating.

Don’t think it called for personal abuse, not that it was overly offensive and I think only 2 have pointed out I worded it poorly which is fair but that’s this forum now!

Edited by grifty
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

Some of these posts are out of order. Just because the OP has posted something that you and I by the way disagree with does not mean he should be insulted like he is.

This forum used to have a policy of attack the post and not the poster, well that seems to have ended.

Just because someone thinks different to you does not mean they should be abused. 

I bet those attacking would not dare to do it to someone's face.

COWARDS

And I will bet that you wouldn’t challenge said behaviour to someone’s face if the situation you speak of were to arise……….coward 😘

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

The fact that you felt compelled to get offended , on behalf of someone else, by a few words on a screen says more about you than it does about me sadly.

Offended, dont make me laugh.

Takes a lot more than a keyboard warrior to make me offended but you believe what you want to believe. 

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Looks more like a brick shit house than a full back.

Looking forward to seeing him play...

When I’ve seen him at Aberdeen and one Portsmouth game he weirdly reminded me of Marvin Elliott, albeit slightly more technical.  Gets in people’s faces.

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

Looks more like a brick shit house than a full back.

Looking forward to seeing him play...

I remember seeing Stuart Pearce in the flesh for the first time. Scared me shtlss. And I was safely hidden on the terrace.

Sounds like he'll be a bit more intimating than George Tanner.

Be interesting when he's available, Pearson had him down for RB, but new Manager/Coach and things could look different. Can play MF or CB so options but as it stands I'd guess RB would be a good start. I like Tanner , but he's a little hesitant going forward . 

Looking forward to actually seeing him after all this time.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Be interesting when he's available, Pearson had him down for RB, but new Manager/Coach and things could look different. Can play MF or CB so options but as it stands I'd guess RB would be a good start. I like Tanner , but he's a little hesitant going forward . 

Looking forward to actually seeing him after all this time.

The one thing I exoect McCrorie to do if he plays RB, is that get past Sykes.  He’s a runner, he’ll create space for his teammates.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The one thing I exoect McCrorie to do if he plays RB, is that get past Sykes.  He’s a runner, he’ll create space for his teammates.

Yep, I remember Pearson saying something along the lines of McCrorie being an aggressive runner who will bomb on. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Yep, I remember Pearson saying something along the lines of McCrorie being an aggressive runner who will bomb on. 

In addition to being annoyed by the heartless (even if later ‘I didn’t  mean it’) and ignorant posts on here by one poster, I genuinely fear that it will be extremely difficult for any athlete to come back from an illness/injury like that and be anything like they were before. 
I don’t know what you were like before Ross but I wish you all the best for a total recovery. Keep strong. (And ignore the ridiculous comments)!!

Edited by stortfordred
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Said when I saw him for Aberdeen last season he reminded me a lot of Bradley Orr.

Be amazed if he plays anywhere but RB.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2023 at 09:25, Port Said Red said:

I have been told that Ross has been very positive throughout the whole thing and is a really good character behind the scenes. Personally I think that's a great sign because to move from one end of the country to the other and change leagues must be daunting at the best of times, let alone in his current situation.

On 26/11/2023 at 12:17, Davefevs said:

to move from one end of the one country to the another country 

Fixed. 🤣🤣🤣

On 27/11/2023 at 09:14, Red from afar said:

Well, the United Kingdom is an independent sovereign state, so technically it was correct the first time. 😉.

On 27/11/2023 at 11:28, Davefevs said:

Yeah, I knew that, was hoping I’d get away with it! 😁

Hmmm.

Back in the early 18th Century, the Kingdoms of England (which then included Wales) and Scotland unified and signed a Treaty to form the Kingdom of Great Britain, later incorporating Ireland to form the State of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, encompassing all four (Home) Nations or Countries.

England and ScotIand are different Countries (each with their own jurisdictions - don't get me started on the reasons why Scottish MPs can vote in the UK Government, whereas English MPs have no such rights in the Scottish Government), although both form part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

I believe, therefore, that RM travelled from the north-east of one Country (Scotland) to the south-west of another Country (England).

As you were.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hmmm.

Back in the early 18th Century, the Kingdoms of England (which then included Wales) and Scotland unified and signed a Treaty to form the Kingdom of Great Britain, later incorporating Ireland to form the State of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, encompassing all four (Home) Nations or Countries.

England and ScotIand are different Countries (each with their own jurisdictions - don't get me started on the reasons why Scottish MPs can vote in the UK Government, whereas English MPs have no such rights in the Scottish Government), although both form part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

I believe, therefore, that RM travelled from the north-east of one Country (Scotland) to the south-west of another Country (England).

As you were.

Phil, as the self-appointed marker for this post, I award it a C- as it is factually incorrect!

In order to get an A+, please add the word Northern somewhere in your second paragraph especially as you are using the present tense to signify you are talking about the current situation (clue...try immediately before Ireland). 

Pedantic? Moi? 

Next week, Phil and I will be discussing Korea which is Koreal if you're from Bemmy.

12 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Phil, as the self-appointed marker for this post, I award it a C- as it is factually incorrect!

In order to get an A+, please add the word Northern somewhere in your second paragraph especially as you are using the present tense to signify you are talking about the current situation (clue...try immediately before Ireland). 

Pedantic? Moi? 

Next week, Phil and I will be discussing Korea which is Koreal if you're from Bemmy.

Done Sir, and Sorry Sir.

As I am sure you are aware, though, Northern Ireland was only formed (and became part of the UK) after the end of the Great War. 

• Like 1

Would see him in the RB position. Tanner is just not an attacking full back and fully expect him to replace him at RB with a view of him getting forward more often than George Tanner does. Hopefully will add a more attacking side to this position - something we have struggled with this season. Hopefully with him on the Right side and Pring on the Left we should see a more attack minded defence.

15 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Pedantic? Moi? 

Yugoslavia and what used to be Czechoslovakia would be more interesting, albeit a potential minefield 😉

• Like 1