IGNORED

What’s the story Ross McCrorie

Malago

2 hours ago, grifty said:

?

Do you disagree it’s a good use of £2 million?

Regardless of its unfortunate, we’ve not seen him on the pitch for 1 minute so it’s not been a good use of money.

Sorry but this is such a shocking thing to say. 

If one of our players had something like cancer would you also say that's a waste of money? I suspect you would. 

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Think they should retire the number 2 shirt, because it’s jinxed.

Last season’s wearer of it Kane Wilson didn’t start a single league game, the previous season Danny Simpson did & he only started 2.

McCrorie was incredibly unlucky as to how this all occurred & completely blameless, not sure that is true of everyone who was at the club then.

February 2020 was the last time Bristol City fans watched their team win at Ashton Gate with a number two in the starting line-up.

Good luck coming up with a more pointless statistic than that… 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

6 hours ago, Ziderarmy said:

Christ we’ve got some right belters on here. Beggars belief how thick some people are. 

I guess you’re right it has been money well spent.

I hope Dave can provide his graphs for his stats for us this year.

All I said was it’s not been £2 million (now confirmed as less than that up front) well spent. Not quite sure what’s so controversial about that?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, grifty said:

All I said was it’s not been £2 million (now confirmed as less than that up front) well spent. Not quite sure what’s so controversial about that?

The point is Grifty is you are making out that it's something to be critical of and when it's been pointed out to you that it's something that was/is beyond anyone's control, you have decided to double down on the inference that it's all part of the malaise of the club. 

What would you have done differently that would have prevented this situation?

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The point is Grifty is you are making out that it's something to be critical of and when it's been pointed out to you that it's something that was/is beyond anyone's control, you have decided to double down on the inference that it's all part of the malaise of the club. 

What would you have done differently that would have prevented this situation?

Nothing or no-one to criticise! I’ve said it’s unfortunate. If you can show where I’ve criticised the club on this please? You are the only poster who has at least entered a conversation about it rather than resorting to insults or anger so thank you!

One of the higher transfer fees we’ve paid for a player in the last few seasons in a position we arguably have been light in and he hasn’t played a minute for us. 

There isn’t anything anyone could have preempted? But have have had 0 return on our money (so far!).

if he’s just getting back on the grass with the physios now I guess it won’t be until the new year where he may be in contention for a subs appearance? Hopefully a few appearances towards the end of the season and a good pre-season and he’ll be first choice next year!

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, grifty said:

Nothing or no-one to criticise! I’ve said it’s unfortunate. If you can show where I’ve criticised the club on this please? You are the only poster who has at least entered a conversation about it rather than resorting to insults or anger so thank you!

One of the higher transfer fees we’ve paid for a player in the last few seasons in a position we arguably have been light in and he hasn’t played a minute for us. 

There isn’t anything anyone could have preempted? But have have had 0 return on our money (so far!).

if he’s just getting back on the grass with the physios now I guess it won’t be until the new year where he may be in contention for a subs appearance? Hopefully a few appearances towards the end of the season and a good pre-season and he’ll be first choice next year!

The amount we spent on him is kind of irrelevant because his injury couldn’t have been anticipated. The only time we’ll know if it was wasted money is when we see him play and can judge his quality, as that’s what the fee was based on. 

Edited by Ashtongreight
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, grifty said:

Well that's a more positive post. I think if you go back and look at your posts from last night objectively, you might see why some people reacted.

A typical case of the written word not conveying the whole message maybe? 

I have been told that Ross has been very positive throughout the whole thing and is a really good character behind the scenes. Personally I think that's a great sign because to move from one end of the country to the other and change leagues must be daunting at the best of times, let alone in his current situation.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Well that's a more positive post. I think if you go back and look at your posts from last night objectively, you might see why some people reacted.

A typical case of the written word not conveying the whole message maybe? 

I have been told that Ross has been very positive throughout the whole thing and is a really good character behind the scenes. Personally I think that's a great sign because to move from one end of the one country to the another country and change leagues must be daunting at the best of times, let alone in his current situation.

Fixed. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Perhaps you can balance this against the £25m we got for Scott who has also hardly played this season due to injuries. We were unlucky with RM but lucky not to have kept Alex, only to have him out most of the season - so far.

Indeed. I don't think we'd need to guess what the general reaction would be if we'd turned down £25m and then got 3 or 4 games out of him, because we wouldn't be seeing that sort of offer for him again.

4 hours ago, grifty said:

We get your point. We’ve had zero value for money…. so far.

But the point lots of others are making  is that it’s a pretty weird argument that you keep insisting on perusing and doubling down on with your sentiments being around it being a waste of money or £2mill being poorly invested.

Its a bit unnecessary and inconsiderate given the circumstances. It’s no one’s fault and not a massively unusual situation in professional sport.

Would you have made the same comments if his illness/injury had been even more serious than it already is?

14 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Indeed. I don't think we'd need to guess what the general reaction would be if we'd turned down £25m and then got 3 or 4 games out of him, because we wouldn't be seeing that sort of offer for him again.

Especially as our medical team at the time didn't think his injury was that serious and had him down for training for the next match. His injury could have been made much worse.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grifty said:

Which village are you depriving ? 

19 hours ago, grifty said:

You stated multiple times that he has been a waste of money. 

I'm sure him and us are hoping he'll be 1st choice long before the end of the season! 

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Fixed. 🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, Red from afar said:

Well, the United Kingdom is an independant sovereign state, so technically it was correct the first time. 😉.

I was gonna say. 
I didn’t have Davy McFevs down as a Scottish Separatist. 

New name : The Wee Spreadie 

• Like 1

Some of these posts are out of order. Just because the OP has posted something that you and I by the way disagree with does not mean he should be insulted like he is.

This forum used to have a policy of attack the post and not the poster, well that seems to have ended.

Just because someone thinks different to you does not mean they should be abused. 

I bet those attacking would not dare to do it to someone's face.

COWARDS

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 25/11/2023 at 21:20, Malago said:

Enjoyed his match analysis today.

Does anyone know the nature of the injury that has forced him out for this long?  Early on in the season Nige talked about a bacterial infection suffered during an operation, but since then the story seems to have changed to a physical injury.  Anyone know the truth?

From a money perspective I see what you ate trying to say but don't think you have worded it at all well. 

It's not like we bought a shit player and he has gone for nothing.

The guy has a illness that could not be forseen and as such it's hard to make any kind of judgement. It's no different to Dean Horrix (spl) who died in a car accident just after we signed him. It's a situation far beyond out control and can't be looked at from a business sense in my opinion.

There is also the personal factor to take into account, I am sure if Ross is reading this he will be hurt that through no fault of his own some vue him a waste of money.

I hope other posters can respond with some level of dignity and thought.

Edited by BS3_RED
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

From a money perspective I see what you ate trying to say but don't think you have worded it at all well. 

The guy has a illness that could not be forseen and as such it's hard to make any kind of judgement. It's no different to Dean Horrix (spl) who died in a car accident just after we signed him. It's a situation far beyond out control and can't be looked at from a business sense in my opinion.

There is also the personal factor to take into account, I am sure if Ross is reading this he will be hurt that through no fault of his own some vue him a waste of money.

Maybe try responding to the right poster before you get on your high horse.

30 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Some of these posts are out of order. Just because the OP has posted something that you and I by the way disagree with does not mean he should be insulted like he is.

This forum used to have a policy of attack the post and not the poster, well that seems to have ended.

Just because someone thinks different to you does not mean they should be abused. 

I bet those attacking would not dare to do it to someone's face.

COWARDS

22 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I'm confused.

41 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Maybe try responding to the right poster before you get on your high horse.

Does not change the fact that some of the posts on here have been damn right out of order and if you think they are acceptable then that says a lot about you.

33 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm confused.

Why?

The first post was about some of the posts on here regarding griftys post and the second was me responding to griftys post ( though I quated the wrong post)

Edited by BS3_RED