IGNORED

Scott Murray

The Humble Realist

15 hours ago, Top Robin said:

If the OP is just pointing out that the 'jobs for the boys' policy of employing our ex players just because they are our ex players, then he is probably correct.

We should be employing the best people to fill that particular role.

I the case of Scotty Murray, he is clearly a 'fun' and popular member of staff who also does much charitable work.

However, as he is probably mixing with the players a lot and influencing them, we don't really want that 'fun' to be too over the top and seen as the norm.

Heaven forbid the players have fun

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Hes a diamond, theres no two ways about that and his work off the field priceless, however if a new man buys us, and asks how many kitman are worthy of 50k a year, and we could get somebody for 10k its big numbers not a attack on scott

You think we should take someone on part time or are you advocating that we break the laws around minimum wage?

7 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Its 8 hours work if that a week washing and laying out the kits port, if that, I said his off the field work priceless, I wouldn't pay a kitman his wages,

So the training kit, the U21'S stuff, and other age groups, travelling to all the games ensuring everything is laid out, he does all that in 8 hours does he? Not to mention the ambassadorial stuff that people have mentioned.

• Thanks 1

my little Scotty story…

The bloke has always done stuff off his own back. Many many years ago probably 2005 he hit the ball during the warm up at a pre season friendly @ clevedon town and it smacked my little brother straight in the mouth knocking him over.

hes come over and apologised which was enough in its self but then took my dads mobile number off him, next thing you know he’s pitched up at our house with a new city shirt for my brother and also Kevin amankwaahs match shirt from 03/4 signed by the entire squad. 

how many professional footballers would do that at the height of their career?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 5

• Admin
On 26/11/2023 at 09:17, Sheltons Army said:

Has to be up there with one of the most ridiculous (Attention seeking ?) posts in many a year 

I assume you are , making m  a bit of an embarrassing attempt , at stupid trolling , 

What’s he done ? , got an ironing mark on a pair of shorts ?

And ‘become professional’   WTF is that meant to mean ?

Professional Kit man qualifications required 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jesus Wept
Embarrassing

Personalities and good blokes like Scott are actually important in building a club 

On the basis that it's over 24 hours since the post and there's been nothing since to back up their point I'd assume they either posted it drunk or it was a classic piece of wind up

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes but his job title is kitman, as I said a new bloke might question that sort of money, and yes kitman is the perfect part time job, I'm just being realistic 

I'd say if you believe the role is a part time job you clearly have no idea of what his role includes 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Whilst we are on the topic of kit men I’d like to recommend ‘Marvellous’ if you haven’t already seen it (unfortunately only available on amazon to rent / buy at the moment but it often returns to terrestrial TV).  It’s one of my favourite movies of any genre but football fans will love it just that little bit more.  

24767B85-2FC4-4009-BFB0-364883020357.jpeg

• Like 3

I believe his role of “Kit Man” also requires him to manage a small team too.  The amount of kit to be cleaned alone is a huge task for the club, which of course is not just 20 sets of first team kit, but Academy too.  Nor is it just match day either.

I suspect there are a few on here who when playing local football were the ones hiding when it was their turn to wash the kit! 🤣

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So the training kit, the U21'S stuff, and other age groups, travelling to all the games ensuring everything is laid out, he does all that in 8 hours does he? Not to mention the ambassadorial stuff that people have mentioned.

I know he starts at 6am most days.

He did a blog once about driving to a pre-season camp in Portugal or somewhere in a van full of kit, training stuff, balls etc., a day or two before all the staff went on the plane.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

I know he starts at 6am most days.

He did a blog once about driving to a pre-season camp in Portugal or somewhere in a van full of kit, training stuff, balls etc., a day or two before all the staff went on the plane.

Presumably our friend Louie thinks that should be done for free or at least be counted as part of his annual holiday. :)

• Like 3

For some context, I used to work with the Wycombe doctor, and we borrowed the team's kit occasionally, under some deal with the kit man. Admittedly, this was a while back, but no doubt still rings true.

Apparently, said kit man was 'much loved', a 'nice guy' and 'the soul of the club'.

I think it's pretty much the job description for what is probably not a well paid job.

And I imagine it extends way beyond looking after kit. Although that is, let's be honest, quite a responsible job - remember the odd time when some team's turned up with the wrong kit? It hits the national news (think it happened to one of the Sheffield teams not so long ago).

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

For some context, I used to work with the Wycombe doctor, and we borrowed the team's kit occasionally, under some deal with the kit man. Admittedly, this was a while back, but no doubt still rings true.

Apparently, said kit man was 'much loved', a 'nice guy' and 'the soul of the club'.

I think it's pretty much the job description for what is probably not a well paid job.

And I imagine it extends way beyond looking after kit. Although that is, let's be honest, quite a responsible job - remember the odd time when some team's turned up with the wrong kit? It hits the national news (think it happened to one of the Sheffield teams not so long ago).

There was a famous incident more locally when a team had to borrow the home teams away kit because the kitman forget their shirts. As for the game I believe it resulted in the home team being relegated. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

His job is to clean the kit and also lots of other things that are invaluable to the club.

One of his most important functions and it's not written down anywhere, is to help to keep all the playing staff in a positive frame of mind. Any job for any type of company  is a miserable place to work when there isn't a constant level of humour involving everyone. That makes him priceless as confidence and positive outlooks are so necessary in a football club. Lose the humour and you lose team spirit.

So I say that Murray is the latest in a long line of very good kit people at City.

• Flames 1

On 26/11/2023 at 09:17, Sheltons Army said:

Has to be up there with one of the most ridiculous (Attention seeking ?) posts in many a year 

I assume you are , making m  a bit of an embarrassing attempt , at stupid trolling , 

What’s he done ? , got an ironing mark on a pair of shorts ?

This is it, 100%.  And as always certain poster/s drop in and provide their pearls of "wisdom"!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

There was a famous incident more locally when a team had to borrow the home teams away kit because the kitman forget their shirts. As for the game I believe it resulted in the home team being relegated. :ph34r:

Come on! I can`t believe that would ever be allowed to happen. I feel sure we would have heard about it if it had.

• Hmmm 1

If you get rid of people like Scotty you slowly Start ripping away the heart from the club..

The new Ashton Gate is a fantastic ground… but can’t help but feel something missing from what City used to be for me.. but things like this are necessary to get to the next level. Not sure swapping out the kitman is 😂🤦‍♂️

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

As I say I value scotts work, but ask yourself this, have you ever known a kitmans wage's been circulated, no of course you haven't, again I wont be liked for saying this but a lot of players would tell the chairman to stick it up his ass if they were offered his role, a icon washing shirts FFS,

I don't think he personally dons the marigolds..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1