IGNORED

Scott Murray

The Humble Realist

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

He's the kitman for gawdsakes.

What on earth is he doing wrong? What makes him unprofessional?

He’s doing nothing wrong but the whole club needs a shakeup,like I said before it’s jobs for the boys,you get the feeling that any new manager coming in gets told he’s a bit of a city legend so you can’t get get rid of him 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We all know this club is a job for the boys and don’t get me wrong scotty probably gave me my second best day behind Mansfield but is it not time to say goodbye and become professional 

I know what’s coming by the way 

I get your point and in general I agree but this time I disagree, for me there needs to be some continuity for fans - otherwise everything just feels a bit transient, we also need the current players to understand the nuances of the club history, someone that can explain the Ashton gate 8, Tinnions goal at anfield, Murray running along the line at ninnian park

Murray doesn't hold a position of power (important but not power). Now Tinnion on the other hand I think is in danger of being promoted to the point of incompetence, done a great job with the academy but now as technical director seems to be struggling a bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

I get your point and in general I agree but this time I disagree, for me there needs to be some continuity for fans - otherwise everything just feels a bit transient, we also need the current players to understand the nuances of the club history, someone that can explain the Ashton gate 8, Tinnions goal at anfield, Murray running along the line at ninnian park

Murray doesn't hold a position of power (important but not power). Now Tinnion on the other hand I think is in danger of being promoted to the point of incompetence, done a great job with the academy but now as technical director seems to be struggling a bit.

Tinnion is too busy in his role as Conditioning Consultant at the club to explain his goal at Anfield……

• Like 1

Scotty does a huge amount of work with fans and charitable events, most of it in his own time.

I’ve yet to hear anyone say anything negative when making a genuine request for a shirt for a  raffle or an appearance in a charity game.

The lad has even worn a Rovers shirt😡

On the down side I did hear that he once forgot the players shin pads and had to visit a local sports shop to purchase a batch at an away game, don’t know if that’s true, but it sounds a bit Scotty😀

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We all know this club is a job for the boys and don’t get me wrong scotty probably gave me my second best day behind Mansfield but is it not time to say goodbye and become professional 

Every club has a "Scotty", someone who lives and breathes the club and has a positive approach to work.

He's very popular with all the players, and I am sure that if we were to "get rid", that would be another handy stick to beat the club owners with. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s doing nothing wrong but the whole club needs a shakeup,like I said before it’s jobs for the boys,you get the feeling that any new manager coming in gets told he’s a bit of a city legend so you can’t get get rid of him 

Why would a new manager coming in want to change the kit man?, coaching staff makes sense, but kit man?, as others have said he’s a good influence on the players morale, provides continuity and works tirelessly in the community. What’s not to like. 

Edited by Ashtongreight
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Calls to sack the kit man now!  Murray out!  Songs of sack the kit man next game?  

Why were culling everyone at the club let’s get rid of Paul cheesley who compares the corporate lounges and is and always has been superb at his job and again like Scott is very popular knowledgeable and approachable but hey ho job for the boys and all that 🪓

• Like 3

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I suggest it's time for you to get new dentures!!!

😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, redkev said:

Why were culling everyone at the club let’s get rid of Paul cheesley who compares the corporate lounges and is and always has been superb at his job and again like Scott is very popular knowledgeable and approachable but hey ho job for the boys and all that 🪓

And the ticket collectors and stewards, it's nepotism run rife there.

Clear them all out, bring over the match day staff that Oxford use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Get rid of Murray? Whatever next? 

You lose people like that you start to lose the soul of the club. What with being an ex player and servant he understands the club and it's history, his work behind the scenes, popularity with the fans and work within the community.

Job for the boys or the club looking after there own.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He's the kitman, surely he is not exactly pivotal? 

1 hour ago, Ashtongreight said:

Why would a new manager coming in want to change the kit man?, coaching staff makes sense, but kit man?, as others have said he’s a good influence on the players morale, provides continuity and works tirelessly in the community. What’s not to like. 

New manager likes Bold but Scotty uses Daz? That's all I can think of. Loggerheads over product choice.

• Haha 7

The reality is , I can’t think of someone I like , respect , and appreciate more , at our Football Club , from top to bottom.

A completely infectious character , a truly top bloke with a heart of gold, and I’d suggest , has more City fire in his belly than , again , anyone at the club 

Maybe I’ve got it wrong

• Like 2
  • Flames 7

For anyone on here who has been through an unwanted redundancy, this 'fire everyone' attitude will never sit comfortably.

Just because a sports or TV personality is well known, there seems to be an assumption that they earn £250k pa, can lose their job and still live comfortably.

Legends like Scott are no different to the rest of us, they still have bills to pay and families to support.

I hope he stays at the club as long as he wants to.

• Like 10

He's far more than 'just the kit man', he has numerous responsibilities.

As well as all the positive observations in this thread I also saw him at the Sainsbury's collection area one morning loading a huge van with crates of drinks and enough food to feed an army, obviously en route to the training ground.

Chatting and laughing all the while to the Sainsbury's employee who was bringing his huge order out and was clearly a City fan.

No doubt it made the bloke's day - Scotty's always cheerful, always has time for the fans, and is a fantastic ambassador for the club.

• Like 14
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 3