IGNORED

Scott Murray

The Humble Realist

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He's far more than 'just the kit man', he has numerous responsibilities.

As well as all the positive observations in this thread I also saw him at the Sainsbury's collection area one morning loading a huge van with crates of drinks and enough food to feed an army, obviously en route to the training ground.

Chatting and laughing all the while to the Sainsbury's employee who was bringing his huge order out and was clearly a City fan.

No doubt it made the bloke's day - Scotty's always cheerful, always has time for the fans, and is a fantastic ambassador for the club.

Or put simply , if we had a well staffed PR department with a bulging salary budget to match ,

they wouldn’t achieve what he does 👍🏻

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Lets face it, if "they" try to get rid of Scott then they'll have a far bigger mutiny on their hands than when the got rid of NP. Scott is part of BCFC, even the blue few like him for what he does.

There isn't a better advocate for BCFC than Scott Murray.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s doing nothing wrong but the whole club needs a shakeup,like I said before it’s jobs for the boys,you get the feeling that any new manager coming in gets told he’s a bit of a city legend so you can’t get get rid of him 

He’s the bloody kitman . He’s not taking training sessions . 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He's far more than 'just the kit man', he has numerous responsibilities.

As well as all the positive observations in this thread I also saw him at the Sainsbury's collection area one morning loading a huge van with crates of drinks and enough food to feed an army, obviously en route to the training ground.

Chatting and laughing all the while to the Sainsbury's employee who was bringing his huge order out and was clearly a City fan.

No doubt it made the bloke's day - Scotty's always cheerful, always has time for the fans, and is a fantastic ambassador for the club.

So the club talks about sustainability then sends Scott to shop at Sainsbury's? Why aren't we using Aldi or Lidl so we can build up a shopping nest egg?

Someone should be sacked for this disgrace. Though not the person actually responsible obviously.😁

7 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Scotty does a huge amount of work with fans and charitable events, most of it in his own time.

I’ve yet to hear anyone say anything negative when making a genuine request for a shirt for a  raffle or an appearance in a charity game.

The lad has even worn a Rovers shirt😡

On the down side I did hear that he once forgot the players shin pads and had to visit a local sports shop to purchase a batch at an away game, don’t know if that’s true, but it sounds a bit Scotty😀

Spot on.

I doubt there is a more popular kit man in the country !!

10 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We all know this club is a job for the boys and don’t get me wrong scotty probably gave me my second best day behind Mansfield but is it not time to say goodbye and become professional 

I know what’s coming by the way 

Utter bollocks.

He's the kit man FFS !

If the OP is just pointing out that the 'jobs for the boys' policy of employing our ex players just because they are our ex players, then he is probably correct.

We should be employing the best people to fill that particular role.

I the case of Scotty Murray, he is clearly a 'fun' and popular member of staff who also does much charitable work.

However, as he is probably mixing with the players a lot and influencing them, we don't really want that 'fun' to be too over the top and seen as the norm.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

So the club talks about sustainability then sends Scott to shop at Sainsbury's? Why aren't we using Aldi or Lidl so we can build up a shopping nest egg?

Someone should be sacked for this disgrace. Though not the person actually responsible obviously.😁

But don't forget what you can do with all those Nectar points

• Haha 1

Does alot for charity representing the club, played in a charity game organised by a mate in memory of his late mum who he lost to cancer. Was the only ex pro to turn up, still had it miles above all of us on the pitch…greedy bugger mind! 🤣

Edited by Street

Regardless of whether Scott has a connection with the Club...and JJs nashers saying we need to become more ' Professional '...if the job came up for interview, and Scott went for it, he'd most likely get it, as he brings so much. 

How ' unprofessional ' does he think Scott is? 

Think it's probably the least thought through comment for a while. 

He brings a lot more than just being a kit man. 

Edited by spudski
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Top Robin said:

If the OP is just pointing out that the 'jobs for the boys' policy of employing our ex players just because they are our ex players, then he is probably correct.

We should be employing the best people to fill that particular role.

I the case of Scotty Murray, he is clearly a 'fun' and popular member of staff who also does much charitable work.

However, as he is probably mixing with the players a lot and influencing them, we don't really want that 'fun' to be too over the top and seen as the norm.

I actually think that could be a positive. He’s not one of the coaching team, and could be seen as one of the lads with jokes, etc  but he was also an excellent pro with a long career.

He’ll be able to give players little bits of advice and help that maybe a player wouldn’t feel confident speaking to the actual coaching/managing about. Maybe not tactically but more training advice, etc.

10 minutes ago, bpexile said:

In all my years (76 of them & 65+ as a city fan) I don't think I've seen anything as ridiculous being suggested, Scotty is BCFC through & through & the owners could take what Scotty does as an example of how to live life.

Absolute bull5hit :facepalm:

65 years supporting city? Please accept my condolences 😂.

Joking aside, FairPlay, that’s some time. Respect to you 🫡 

• Thanks 1