IGNORED

Terry Venables - RIP

glynriley

28 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Just announced, former England manager passed away yesterday. Rest In Peace. 

One of my dad's favourite football people. He would say "He's a great coach........ I wouldn't buy a used car from him, but he's a great coach." :)

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Ah probably my favourite England manager.  RIP El Tel 

Mine as well. It was a joy to see England playing slick attacking football. TV was a slick attacking player which transferred perfectly into his managerial roles.

He was very charismatic as well. His departure is a sad loss……..:sad26:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

A great career in the game . That summer of 96 was brilliant & im not sure I’ve seen such a complete performance from England since the Dutch game . RIP Terry 

Oh I think we have, beating Germany 1-5 in Germany springs to mind immediately, but I know what you mean. We could even afford to let Bergkamp score the consolation goal that stopped the Scots from progressing out of the group. :)

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

A great career in the game . That summer of 96 was brilliant & im not sure I’ve seen such a complete performance from England since the Dutch game . RIP Terry 

Was in front of a large contingent of orange painted Dutch who , like their players , were shell shocked and silent 🤣

We tore them one that night 

• Like 1

I once was in the hospitality area at Chelsea (the de Matteo suite as was) and there were a lot of faces in there. Turned out that I was sat next to TV in the seats outside the suite. It was like a condensed tactical course sat next to him :) and what a down to earth nice bloke he was and a real football man.

RIP TV.

• Like 3