IGNORED

Southampton away match thread

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As I said earlier, first half excellent.

However.

The concern over Liam is twofold for me - “process over outcomes” and the ability to react in a game. It was working first half but there are two teams in a game. The other team react to how you play, and you need to counter react - and do so well.

That MK Dons tailspin troubles me, and it will continue to do so while we have the inability to react to other teams in a game. There is no sense in being wedded to a philosophy and process over outcomes when that process is combated and the outcome is wrong.

Interesting. Tho his reputation at Oxford was the opposite, very astute substitutions which often changed games.

Where is the research he didn't react in game at MK, out of interest? 

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Funny how the comments have turned and now there are concerns over Manning and the honeymoon is over :laughcont:

Tbf mate I made the exact point I’ve just made a couple of days ago on the “Hen and Chicken” thread. It’s legitimate based on history but I’ll give credit as due - as that first half was. Trying to be antagonistic like this post is a bit odd.

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

In other news does anyone else think Nahki is really great on the co commentary? Really insightful and confident to chat away. Would happily have him on more often (although even better if he's on the pitch ofc).

I was just thinking how much we miss him on the pitch in a game like this. Composure up front really lacking for us and he has that.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Tbf mate I made the exact point I’ve just made a couple of days ago on the “Hen and Chicken” thread. It’s legitimate based on history but I’ll give credit as due - as that first half was. Trying to be antagonistic like this post is a bit odd.

Nah.

Its typical knee jerk on a match day thread, nothing more and nothing less.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting. Tho his reputation at Oxford was the opposite, very astute substitutions which often changed games.

Where is the research he didn't react in game at MK, out of interest? 

Dons fans - read a fair bit from them post his appointment. As ever, you can’t be 100% as there is always bias but it is the case that he went from feast to famine there. Losing Twine etc didn’t help but it is a worrying sign in view of its recency - and it was always going to be harder at a higher level

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Dons fans - read a fair bit from them post his appointment. As ever, you can’t be 100% as there is always bias but it is the case that he went from feast to famine there. Losing Twine etc didn’t help but it is a worrying sign in view of its recency - and it was always going to be harder at a higher level

Fair enough. Can't say I've ever met one, nor would I visit their online following. 

I mean they were very, very good in his first season there tho, before getting shithoused by Ainsworths dour Wycombe in the play off semi. 

• Like 1