IGNORED

good news if your on holiday in devon and cornwall

Never to the dark side

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm not sure there is many people that go on holiday to Devon and Cornwall at the end of November.

I would, every time. Quiet, great for walking, pubs aren’t crowded and are glad to have your custom, locals aren’t peed off with mass tourism and have time to be friendly. You have to be bloody mad to want to go in peak season, unless you have a young family, are tied to school holidays and don’t have a choice.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm not sure there is many people that go on holiday to Devon and Cornwall at the end of November.

You would be surprised. The amount of camper vans you see down here this time of year is unbelievable. It`s a (relatively) reasonable price in hotels and B&Bs too, after peak season and before Christmas. 

If the weather`s crisp and sunny like it has been the last day or two a wrapped up walk along Bude beach with the dog is just the ticket - most of the bans on dogs on beaches have been lifted now - and there are a lot less parking restrictions as most of those are from Easter to the end of September or October.

A lot of the shops in places like Looe have closed for the winter though TBF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Coach holidays from Wales, the Midlands and beyond to Torquay this time of year is a huge thing. 

Don't know about the rest of the south West but in south Devon it's certainly a year round destination 

Yep, you know it`s November when you see all the `Turkey & tinsel weekend` coaches packed to the gunwales with OAPs on the M5!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Not sure you can get BBC Radio Solent in Cornwall or Devon either! 

whenever im down there, i can get the audio on the tv, ideal for saturday arrival unpacking with that on in the background. 

our son is booked in for a long weekend at the old spirit of the west/westworld raceway complex this weekend at winnards perch near st columb major.

i prefer it out of season too,you can park in places like st ives and walk around with plenty of space around you

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Plenty of visitors, and some of us live here.

I always prefer this time of year down here, we`ve got it mostly to ourselves and things are so much easier if your work involves a lot of travelling like mine does. The millions of roadworks everywhere that they have to do out of season are a pain mind!

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I thought this thread might be announcing that they have built the Honiton bypass.

(One for the oldies)

My Dad used to get us up at stupid o'clock to set off for the annual jaunt to Devon/Cornwall so that we could 'beat the jams'! Bypasses were the answer although I seem to remember 'flyovers' were the up and coming answer in some locations.