IGNORED

Norwich sunday

Keepers Ball

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Historically, Yes

Going forward, No

We've both got another 119 years lease to play at AG8

All about money, Look at the pay days other sides have got that have played at bigger grounds

Different country doesn't really apply in club sport, especially as mileage wise it isn't that far away for either side

Fortunately it was an idea that wasn't followed up

Your missing my point... I know we now lease it and that lease runs over 100 years I am saying why I beileve that situation to be irritating I also assume your an egg chasing fan.

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think the big question not being asked here is...

When did local pitches for kids playing amateur football all get under-soil heating?

It's going to be minus-billion degrees this weekend, so won't most games be off, or has kids football toughened up in the last few years and they'll run about regardless.

To answer your question seriously…

A fair few teams, mine included, play home games on a 3G surface. In fact, for our older age groups in the November - February period we book it out because our normal grass pitch is off. Ensures game on and that kids get football.

Secondly, the tendency of teams is to leave it until the last minute to call games off. Sometimes it’s obvious - i.e a couple of weeks ago it was definite that in all that rain a waterlogged pitch on Saturday wouldn’t recover by Sunday, but in the case of frozen pitches an overnight better than expected temperature can unexpectedly lead to a game on. So coaches work on the basis games on if at all possible.

Kids will run around regardless. But coaches look to protect them from themselves, and make a call on safety/playability as soon as practical. 

For our teams (other than the 3G) we’ll try and make a call tomorrow. But if there is any chance, we’ll reinspect Sunday.

Hope that clarifies.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I’m in two minds about going. If it was a Saturday I would have been there. We had planned on going Christmas shopping Sunday before I realised what day the game was. Right now, Christmas shopping is more appealing than sitting in the cold watching boring football.

Spoken like a newly married man 😁

• Admin
40 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Your missing my point... I know we now lease it and that lease runs over 100 years I am saying why I beileve that situation to be irritating I also assume your an egg chasing fan.

Not been to a Bristol game at AG8 for over five years 

41 minutes ago, One Team said:

Watching Manning’s press conference he’s getting better. 

Monday night he was pretty good, the presser is very good. More relaxed, more insight and some personal insight. 

Difficult to call Sunday and how he will come back after his first loss. 

I think watching the player ones too - Cornick's one today really shows the buy-in from the players. I know there will always be an element of lipservice in club interviews, but its pretty clear HC is enjoying working with LM and the that the players are buying into his methods. 

Cornick speaks really well in general and is clearly pretty relaxed with interviews. Link here if you want to see it. 

• Like 1

Yes enjoyed the Pre-match press conference. 

Good response to the empty spaces on the subs bench question - could fill it with academy players, and we may see more in the future, but part of getting in the first team squad is “earning it”. I liked that. 

Also like what he had to say about Tanner. 

Real blow losing Naismith 🙁 We could really do with one or two back to help us through the December schedule. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

And yet, he had hardly any injuries before coming here.  How many players could we say that?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Availability record was fine for Luton, okay for Wigan.

Indeed, so what on earth to make of it all. Are we cursed?

Whatever the reason, Naismith is precious little use to us.

22 hours ago, phantom said:

I am sure that you actually realise they are not squatters and like us both share Ashton Gate

I do. However in my eyes they are squatters

If it was on Sky I'm guessing you would have still missed it as you would be at your sons football match?

If it was on SKY I'd be irritated but we've no choice.  You take the money..

I stand to be corrected but isn't this the first time we have actually moved a game for the rugby?

I'm intrigued why you detest us sharing AG8

walking into the ground to be met by Rugby paraphernalia. Going into your teams ground is part of the experience. When I first saw all the rugby stuff when it opened my heart sank. It was no longer Bristol City's ground.

Foreign markings on the pitch. It no longer looks like a football pitch.

If we wanted a stand named after a player or former Manager, we couldn't 

Now add the fixture swapping 

You are not far wrong in what you say, but was in July Bristol Bears in talks with Welsh Rugby Union to host Gloucester clash at the Principality Stadium (dailymail.co.uk)

The game against Gloucester was originally planned to be played at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, but after discussions got moved back to AG8

The idea was not to clash with our game to enable as many to attend the game in Cardiff

Discussed already in detail here 

June/July? Christ. It's the closed season. I'm not going to notice that and even if I did my stance would be the same.

Edited by Keepers Ball

19 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

You miserable person. The sharing of OUR STADIUM means that we benefit from costs that are shared with the Bears can reduce the losses we make and help to keep us out of trouble with FFP.

The Bears rarely ask us to change match day. This one is for a televised local derby with Gloucester and with the fan numbers coming from just up the road will add some more to Bears and City income.

I'll be there for both games and hope to see two wins for Bristol.

It's nothing to do with being miserable.

I stated my reason earlier...along with hundreds of other kids and fathers

Right. To answer some of your replies.  The ones that stayed on topic, I have every right to grumble about this switched date.

It's easy to be selfish. thats natural. 

But when you've a Son who knows he has to play, but knows some won't turn up, with a Manager who is a "Liverpool" fan and couldn't give a shit if City are playing.

Now add my lad to all the other kids that play u-13 to u16s on a Sunday afternoon and their parents that go along

I'd bet my house the majority are Season ticket holders. We've paid for that game and will miss it, because of the usual lack of thought to the fan..I mean Customer. 

Those idiots down at Bristol effing Sport know the amateur set up around Bristol. Its one of the biggest outside London.!!

Edited by Keepers Ball
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

You miserable person. The sharing of OUR STADIUM means that we benefit from costs that are shared with the Bears can reduce the losses we make and help to keep us out of trouble with FFP.

The Bears rarely ask us to change match day. This one is for a televised local derby with Gloucester and with the fan numbers coming from just up the road will add some more to Bears and City income.

I'll be there for both games and hope to see two wins for Bristol.

Two wins for BRISTOL! isn't that what is a bone of contention amongst fans when WE are described as such :laugh:.

Edited by pillred

4 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Right. To answer some of your replies.  The ones that stayed on topic, I have every right to grumble about this switched date.

It's easy to be selfish. thats natural. 

But when you've a Son who knows he has to play, but knows some won't turn up, with a Manager who is a "Liverpool" fan and couldn't give a shit if City are playing.

Now add my lad to all the other kids that play u-13 to u16s on a Sunday afternoon and their parents that go along

I'd bet my house the majority are Season ticket holders. We've paid for that game and will miss it, because of the usual lack of thought to the fan..I mean Customer. 

Those idiots down at Bristol effing Sport know the amateur set up around Bristol. Its one of the biggest outside London.!!

I can bet my house that if we draw say Liverpool in the fa cup and it gets played on a Sunday, you won't be moaning. 

It's yours and yours sons choice if he plays for his team 2moro or you come to our match. 

Whilst you may not be able to make it, others will suddenly be able to make it.

You're really going to hate it if we ever get to the Premier league. We'll probably have just as many Sunday games as Saturday games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I can bet my house that if we draw say Liverpool in the fa cup and it gets played on a Sunday, you won't be moaning. 

It's yours and yours sons choice if he plays for his team 2moro or you come to our match. 

Whilst you may not be able to make it, others will suddenly be able to make it.

You're really going to hate it if we ever get to the Premier league. We'll probably have just as many Sunday games as Saturday games. 

Not much of a choice if you're a coach for one of those teams.

As a season ticket holder for a football team, I do find it a bit of a joke that a football match can't be played in Bristol, on the correct day, because some Rugby people might want to watch a Rugby match in Cardiff at the same time.

Can I understand people being pissed off (me included) for missing out on a match for that reason, too bloody right. I'll worry about the Premier league when and if we ever get there.

I'm beginning to suspect the real reason Ashton Gate was kept free today was in case the Cardiff move was a flop.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Not much of a choice if you're a coach for one of those teams.

As a season ticket holder for a football team, I do find it a bit of a joke that a football match can't be played in Bristol, on the correct day, because some Rugby people might want to watch a Rugby match in Cardiff at the same time.

Can I understand people being pissed off (me included) for missing out on a match for that reason, too bloody right. I'll worry about the Premier league when and if we ever get there.

I'm beginning to suspect the real reason Ashton Gate was kept free today was in case the Cardiff move was a flop.

But that's your choice. 

When you buy a season ticket, you accept the terms and conditions that say matches can be moved. 

This match was moved very early on to give people plenty of warning. 

I'm not a Rugby person, but I'd have gone along if it was in Cardiff today. There are many people that follow both sports. Probably more than who take part in amateur football on a Sunday (who have season tickets)

Even if we don't get to the prem, the plan is for for the Championship to have lots more Sunday fixtures in the new TV deal. 

Our game was moved so that as many people as possible could go to Cardiff to watch the game. Why is that so hard for you to understand? 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

But that's your choice. 

When you buy a season ticket, you accept the terms and conditions that say matches can be moved. 

This match was moved very early on to give people plenty of warning. 

I'm not a Rugby person, but I'd have gone along if it was in Cardiff today. There are many people that follow both sports. Probably more than who take part in amateur football on a Sunday (who have season tickets)

Even if we don't get to the prem, the plan is for for the Championship to have lots more Sunday fixtures in the new TV deal. 

Our game was moved so that as many people as possible could go to Cardiff to watch the game. Why is that so hard for you to understand? 

It's not a choice for me at all. They can give all the warning they want, the FA won't allow me to move a youth football match because of a rugby match in Cardiff. I believe I bought the ticket in March, not June.

Talking if choice, it's up to you whether you watch rugby or football. Why should football fans miss out because of different sport being played in a different city? Why is that so hard for you to understand?

As I said before, it's a complete joke.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

It's not a choice for me at all. They can give all the warning they want, the FA won't allow me to move a youth football match because of a rugby match in Cardiff. I believe I bought the ticket in March, not June.

Talking if choice, it's up to you whether you watch rugby or football. Why should football fans miss out because of different sport being played in a different city? Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Maybe one for the regulator when appointed. Move a fixture for non-tv reasons, guaranteed pro-rata refund for non-attendance? Of course next season we have the new TV deal, so I guess season tickets will become less viable for some supporters.

36 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

It's still your choice. It's only the odd game anyway hardly a major drama.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

What do you do when you're ill? 

Is about 6 months notice of the change not enough for you? As I said, if we draw a big club in the cup 2moro and it's on the Sunday, you'll be there. 

Why should dual season ticket holders miss out on a big game? 

This is the 1st time in my knowledge that a football game has been moved for rugby. 

In the time rugby has been at Ashton Gate we have had numerous games moved to the Sunday, not because of rugby, but for TV. Did you moan about them? 

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What do you do when you're ill? 

Is about 6 months notice of the change not enough for you? As I said, if we draw a big club in the cup 2moro and it's on the Sunday, you'll be there. 

Why should dual season ticket holders miss out on a big game? 

This is the 1st time in my knowledge that a football game has been moved for rugby. 

In the time rugby has been at Ashton Gate we have had numerous games moved to the Sunday, not because of rugby, but for TV. Did you moan about them? 

What do I do when I'm ill? Depends on the nature of the illness, I might spend most of my time in bed or on the toilet. I fail to see the relevance of that question.

No, I can't change the fixtures, so the notice period is again irrelevant. If there was a clash with a cup match on a Sunday I'd miss the cup match, so wrong there I'm afraid. Season tickets don't cover cup matches in football so I can live with that.

Why should season ticket holders miss out on games? I couldn't agree more.

First time football has been moved for rugby. Well unfortunately it's happened now, lets hope it's not the thin end of the wedge.   

No I don't moan about matches on TV on a Sunday because by definition, there is an option to watch them. As I understand it there is no such option tomorrow. It would help if there was.

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

38 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

What do I do when I'm ill? Depends on the nature of the illness, I might spend most of my time in bed or on the toilet. I fail to see the relevance of that question.

No, I can't change the fixtures, so the notice period is again irrelevant. If there was a clash with a cup match on a Sunday I'd miss the cup match, so wrong there I'm afraid. Season tickets don't cover cup matches in football so I can live with that.

Why should season ticket holders miss out on games? I couldn't agree more.

First time football has been moved for rugby. Well unfortunately it's happened now, lets hope it's not the thin end of the wedge.   

No I don't moan about matches on TV on a Sunday because by definition, there is an option to watch them. As I understand it there is no such option tomorrow. It would help if there was.

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

No need to be getting sarcastic. I'm assuming you never get ill and you are therefore available for your match on a Sunday. 

Unfortunately for you, our fixture list does not revolve around your availability. 

You're choosing to miss the game 2moro. That's your choice and your choice only. You accepted the T's and C's that games can be moved. 

You've had 6 months to make your choice. 

You can watch on Robins TV 2moro but as you'll be at your game then thats an irrelevant option for you. 

I will do thanks. Makes a nice change having a game on a Sunday so freed up my Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Maybe one for the regulator when appointed. Move a fixture for non-tv reasons, guaranteed pro-rata refund for non-attendance? Of course next season we have the new TV deal, so I guess season tickets will become less viable for some supporters.

Unfortunately I suspect that sort of thing would be deemed a "commercial matter" and the Regulator won't touch it.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Never going to happen, everyone knows games are always likely to be moved. 

I'd assume it's hidden within the season ticket t&c's

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

No need to be getting sarcastic. I'm assuming you never get ill and you are therefore available for your match on a Sunday. 

Unfortunately for you, our fixture list does not revolve around your availability. 

You're choosing to miss the game 2moro. That's your choice and your choice only. You accepted the T's and C's that games can be moved. 

You've had 6 months to make your choice. 

You can watch on Robins TV 2moro but as you'll be at your game then thats an irrelevant option for you. 

I will do thanks. Makes a nice change having a game on a Sunday so freed up my Saturday. 

No not 6 months ago, I made my decision 40 odd years ago to follow team sliding down to the bottom of division 4. What do I do when I'm ill? Well, I remember throwing up on the old Dolman steps on the way down to the pitch at the last home game against Swindon in 1984. I was very ill but I wasn't going to miss it. You see I don't like missing my football team play.

So for me the football runs a bit deeper than a product with some Ts & Cs. Football at Ashton Gate should always come first and should never be pushed around by an over incestuous relationship with a rugby team that nobody asked for. Looks like they've got their fingers burnt with the Cardiff flop (17k was it), let's hope it doesn't happen again and we can all enjoy watching our football.