IGNORED

Norwich sunday

Keepers Ball

38 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

I assumed it was on SKY but no. We're playing on Sunday because of the Squatter Egg chasers. 

And because my Son plays on a Sunday, we will miss the match.

And some wonder why I detest sharing the use of the stadium with that lot?

Cough back to the Memorial ffs

Not sure that's the reason but stand to be corrected. The clubs agreed to the change back in June (were the egg chasers fixtures even out then).

• Admin
42 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

I assumed it was on SKY but no. We're playing on Sunday because of the Squatter Egg chasers. 

I am sure that you actually realise they are not squatters and like us both share Ashton Gate

If it was on Sky I'm guessing you would have still missed it as you would be at your sons football match?

I stand to be corrected but isn't this the first time we have actually moved a game for the rugby?

I'm intrigued why you detest us sharing AG8

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Not sure that's the reason but stand to be corrected. The clubs agreed to the change back in June (were the egg chasers fixtures even out then).

You are not far wrong in what you say, but was in July Bristol Bears in talks with Welsh Rugby Union to host Gloucester clash at the Principality Stadium (dailymail.co.uk)

The game against Gloucester was originally planned to be played at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, but after discussions got moved back to AG8

The idea was not to clash with our game to enable as many to attend the game in Cardiff

Discussed already in detail here 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

How many other games have been moved for the rugby? 

We are not playing on Sunday because of Bristol Vs Gloucester at Ashton Gate tomorrow. We are playing on Sunday because the original plan was for tomorrow's rugby game to be played at the principality stadium.

You may not like this, but there are quite a few City fans who also support the rugby! So they didn't want a rugby game and a football game to clash so that more people were available to make the journey over to Wales (I would have done) 

They committed to making this change back in the summer so people wouldnt be inconvenienced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Brent said:

🙋‍♂️I also detest sharing Ashton Gate with the rugby team

My reason is because it’s our home and has been for a long time. Also, the rugby pitch markings look shit. 

It's their home as well. The we've been here longer argument is irrelevant.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I am sure that you actually realise they are not squatters and like us both share Ashton Gate

If it was on Sky I'm guessing you would have still missed it as you would be at your sons football match?

I stand to be corrected but isn't this the first time we have actually moved a game for the rugby?

I'm intrigued why you detest us sharing AG8

You are not far wrong in what you say, but was in July Bristol Bears in talks with Welsh Rugby Union to host Gloucester clash at the Principality Stadium (dailymail.co.uk)

The game against Gloucester was originally planned to be played at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, but after discussions got moved back to AG8

The idea was not to clash with our game to enable as many to attend the game in Cardiff

Discussed already in detail here 

The move to Sunday was announced on the OS, on June 30th. Not that it matters in the scheme of things.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I just hate matches on Sundays. And I hate lunchtime kick offs even more!

On The plus side, I guess it’s given us an extra day after the Southampton game…and no midweek game next week. 

Best hope we don’t get to the prem then ,  there will be a lot of matches you hate , just saying like 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Daughter’s birthday, so I’ll miss it too.

Doesn’t look like it will be red button as previously as Sat 3pm, and nothing coming out of club saying it will be allowed.

You'd hope their would be, the hierarchy have imposed this Rugby situation on us. If not I'll miss the game. As far as I'm concerned it's a football stadium where a Rugby team sometimes play. The tail should never wag the dog.

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

You'd hope their would be, the hierarchy have imposed this Rugby situation on us. If not I'll miss the game. As far as I'm concerned it's a football stadium where a Rugby team sometimes play. The tail should never wag the dog.

Even if the rugby had their own stadium, our game against Norwich would still be played on Sunday. 

Because for the final time, our game was moved because the Rugby game was due to be played at the principality stadium. 

To my knowledge this is the first time I can remember one of our fixtures being moved for rugby. 

EFL rules state that a football clubs fixtures take priority in a dual stadium. This was a complete one off. Rugby fans don't like Saturday games. 

44 minutes ago, redkev said:

Best hope we don’t get to the prem then ,  there will be a lot of matches you hate , just saying like 

Yep! Along with massive hikes in season ticket prices, a lottery for away tickets, entitled premiership fans, VAR.

All in all, I’m kind of wishing we’d stuck with Nigel Pearson and a lesser chance of making it 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

🙋‍♂️I also detest sharing Ashton Gate with the rugby team

My reason is because it’s our home and has been for a long time. Also, the rugby pitch markings look shit. 

Did you realise they sell better pies and pasties at the rugby than they do at the football. You’re missing out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Even if the rugby had their own stadium, our game against Norwich would still be played on Sunday. 

Because for the final time, our game was moved because the Rugby game was due to be played at the principality stadium. 

To my knowledge this is the first time I can remember one of our fixtures being moved for rugby. 

EFL rules state that a football clubs fixtures take priority in a dual stadium. This was a complete one off. Rugby fans don't like Saturday games. 

For the first time....

Are you saying our match was moved because of a Rugby match being played there, but the fact we're sharing a stadium is irrelevant?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

You miserable person. The sharing of OUR STADIUM means that we benefit from costs that are shared with the Bears can reduce the losses we make and help to keep us out of trouble with FFP.

The Bears rarely ask us to change match day. This one is for a televised local derby with Gloucester and with the fan numbers coming from just up the road will add some more to Bears and City income.

I'll be there for both games and hope to see two wins for Bristol.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

For the first time....

Are you saying our match was moved because of a Rugby match being played there, but the fact we're sharing a stadium is irrelevant?

The rugby match being played at Ashton Gate was originally going to be played over in Cardiff. This was still the plan when City’s game got moved to the Sunday, back in June.

• Thanks 1

This game won't be easy by any means Norwich have some real attacking talent in there squad if we can keep the back door shut and get at there leaky defence by being attacking then we might be okay liam manning coming up against his home town club aswell so I'd imagine he already knows alot about them.

Edited by BCFC31

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The rugby match being played at Ashton Gate was originally going to be played over in Cardiff. This was still the plan when City’s game got moved to the Sunday, back in June.

Okay thanks. It's just that W-S-M Seagull suggested our game was being moved because of the Rugby.

Do we know why it was moved back in June, if it wasn't because of Rugby?