IGNORED

Norwich sunday

Keepers Ball

57 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

It was moved because of the Rugby, but not because it was due to be played at Ashton Gate.

They just didn't want a fixture clash and moved our match to give people the opportunity to go to both. The location of the rugby was irrelevant.

I think that's what has been said anyway.

That possibly makes me feel even more peeved about it!

Thanks for the explanation. 

I coach an Avon Youth league team on Sunday mornings, so no chance of getting there. Do you know if there's any way to swap a season ticket for Robins TV for the one game, or is it just pay again?  

7 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I coach an Avon Youth league team on Sunday mornings, so no chance of getting there. Do you know if there's any way to swap a season ticket for Robins TV for the one game, or is it just pay again?  

Lots of kids and dads will be at the kids football on Sunday morning/afternoon

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Lots play footy on a Saturday so the odd game on a Sunday gives them a chance to see a game. 

This is true (I used to work Saturdays and Tuesday nights !), but it's a bit annoying when you've already paid for a season ticket and my son and I have to miss out. If you could substitute your ticket (don't know if it's possible) for Robins TV that would help.

• Admin
1 hour ago, BCFC31 said:

It's not though isit. Ashton gate historically has been the home of Bristol city football club since 1887

Historically, Yes

Going forward, No

We've both got another 119 years lease to play at AG8

45 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Why on earth would they plan to play Bristol vs Gloucester in CARDIFF?

Last time I looked that was in a different country 🤔

All about money, Look at the pay days other sides have got that have played at bigger grounds

Different country doesn't really apply in club sport, especially as mileage wise it isn't that far away for either side

Fortunately it was an idea that wasn't followed up

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Did we play up there on a Friday earlier in the season?

Yes and that's why the home game against them was switched to the Friday too. 

For a fixture to be changed both clubs need to agree. Hull needed to move their home game against us to the Friday so we said OK but only if we move our home game against them to the Friday too. 

21 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

For a fixture to be changed both clubs need to agree. Hull needed to move their home game against us to the Friday so we said OK but only if we move our home game against them to the Friday too. 

Seems strange to me, no other team are moving their games just for the extra day off (bar Swansea) 

3 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Seems strange to me, no other team are moving their games just for the extra day off (bar Swansea) 

On a personal level I am happy about the fixture move to Friday night, got a big family event on the Saturday and would have missed it.

Edited by richwwtk

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

Because both clubs need to agree to it is my guess. 

We were able to get Hull to agree to it because they requested we move their home game against us to the Friday. 

From a footballing perspective it makes perfect sense to move the game forward to the Friday as gives longer recovery time ahead of the boxing day game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because both clubs need to agree to it is my guess. 

We were able to get Hull to agree to it because they requested we move their home game against us to the Friday. 

From a footballing perspective it makes perfect sense to move the game forward to the Friday as gives longer recovery time ahead of the boxing day game.

If it's such a benefit then why don't every team agree to change to Friday night (like Swansea have done)

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Kal out for a while. Sounds like a torn hamstring. All Rennie’s fault!

Might as well change his name to Darren Anderton.

Or Nathan Baker - good player, top wage earner, who improves our side. But is never available often enough.

Running a small squad with liabilities like this and our injury record in general, is not a recipe for success.

Two for every position?

Nowhere near enough for us!

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Hull rugby already had a fixture scheduled against Warrington 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Or Nathan Baker - good player, top wage earner, who improves our side. But is never available often enough.

Running a small squad with liabilities like this and our injury record in general, is not a recipe for success.

Two for every position?

And yet, he had hardly any injuries before coming here.  How many players could we say that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Ditto. Our normal kick off time is 12:30 but have shifted this one to an early kick off at 10:30. Hoping to be done and dusted for midday and then it’s a drive from Yate to Ashton and hopefully finding a space and getting in just about on kickoff. Not ideal but probably doable.

I’ve already committed that if there are unavoidable clashes between my AYL side and City that my team take precedent for me. It’s the difference between letting down one child or twelve.

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Two for every position?

Availability record was fine for Luton, okay for Wigan.

7 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

I assumed it was on SKY but no. We're playing on Sunday because of the Squatter Egg chasers. 

And because my Son plays on a Sunday, we will miss the match.

And some wonder why I detest sharing the use of the stadium with that lot?

Cough back to the Memorial ffs

I come out with some belters to keep people lively on their feet but you have outdone me there 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I’m in two minds about going. If it was a Saturday I would have been there. We had planned on going Christmas shopping Sunday before I realised what day the game was. Right now, Christmas shopping is more appealing than sitting in the cold watching boring football.

Christmas shopping = Cup of coffee, log on to Amazon all done inside 60 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I’m in two minds about going. If it was a Saturday I would have been there. We had planned on going Christmas shopping Sunday before I realised what day the game was. Right now, Christmas shopping is more appealing than sitting in the cold watching boring football.

So you can’t just shop on a Saturday then 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ditto. Our normal kick off time is 12:30 but have shifted this one to an early kick off at 10:30. Hoping to be done and dusted for midday and then it’s a drive from Yate to Ashton and hopefully finding a space and getting in just about on kickoff. Not ideal but probably doable.

I’ve already committed that if there are unavoidable clashes between my AYL side and City that my team take precedent for me. It’s the difference between letting down one child or twelve.

In my case it's anything between 9 and 18 ! 

There's a chance the youth games get called off I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Kal out for a while. Sounds like a torn hamstring. All Rennie’s fault!

His overall availability across his time with us has been pretty poor.

Hope Atkinson is back soon, he’s simply not reliable enough.

• Like 1