IGNORED

Norwich City home match thread

Just now, Spike said:

Why are we always so "unlucky", Vyner with his headed own goal, Tanner with this deflection... I can't help but think it's down to our own composure when under pressure.

Tanner was unlucky, the goal itself though was not unlucky at all. Like you said, poor composure and being sloppy in possession left our right flank exposed.

3 minutes ago, redkev said:

All because them poor underpaid £60,000 a year train drivers hurting the people they want to support them and affecting other peoples business’s 

This would be very true, if it was only about the reasonably well paid train drivers. I support every worker's right to withdraw their labour whoever the **** they upset. We were dumped at Swindon because of a lack of train managers by the way. The drivers were all there and ready to work. Three of them also stranded in Swindon.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Tanner has played well, on the other hand, Weimann has been very off it and was incredibly sloppy giving the ball away in the lead up to the goal. 

We seem to concede a lot of goals from sloppy play and giving the ball away, something should be done about it in training LM!

3 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

This would be very true, if it was only about the reasonably well paid train drivers. I support every worker's right to withdraw their labour whoever the **** they upset. We were dumped at Swindon because of a lack of train managers by the way. The drivers were all there and ready to work. Three of them also stranded in Swindon.

Debate for another day or thread 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Weimann is finished at this level, imo.  Bet we hang on to him next season tho, as he won’t raise funds and Lansdowns won’t release funds.  Cotts era on repeat now

Been saying it since last season , not good enough at this level anymore , seems to run everywhere without touching the ball 

• Like 2
Just now, Lordofthebling said:

Has he?? Maybe it's my eyes, but this right flank has been a bit stop, pass backwards, or out of play... sykes over to andi would've probs been better

First half he played well, got in some advanced positions, made some good crosses and kept Hernandez quiet, who has now swapped wings because he was getting no change from Tanner.

As Pete Hinton has said above, sub has killed us.

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

We seem to concede a lot of goals from sloppy play and giving the ball away, something should be done about it in training LM!

It's one of those things I don't think training can fix, to me it comes down to the mentalities of the players, you can't recreate a game where the outcome matters in training. In a match where points are on the line the pressure is higher, in training they can simulate it but ultimately the players know it's still training. Somehow the mentality has to be changed, maybe simulate a game and when someone scores the game stops, and they run through how that's affecting the league standings, which makes each goal show it's value in a real situation.
I'm not sure how you train a player to be more composed but we certainly need someone who does because we concede so many silly goals, give away so much possession through bad passes and we're hardly firing regularly when it comes to goals so clean sheets matter more than ever.

• Like 2