IGNORED

Todays matches

Davefevs

7 hours ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

Getting promoted isn't always about finances.  As a Villa what I'm I supposed to think about the loophole ? I don't like it.

The Crystal Palace away goal was a disgrace and a Man Utd fans themselves admit they were very fortunate to get a penalty when it was their playler who commited a foul, not ours. 

Maybe these things even out ?

I vaguely do remember the Crystal Palaceone, Man United I'll have to Google.

Ha not for us they don't.. I remember 1 Home penalty in the League between November 1st 2020 and November 24th 2023- several and maybe more nailed on turned down!

Our run without and between was legendary..

On the FFP stuff the League well the Leagues need to medium to long term to sort out distribution and real time monitoring. Perhaps a joint body could ensure uniformity of punishments, monitoring etc between the 2 divisions.

PPS it's not solely an Aston Villa thing, I also have spoken before about Nottingham Forest and Fulham in the periods ending 2022 and Stoke owing to Covid.

On 08/12/2023 at 05:56, AnAstonVillafan said:

Everton would be comfortably mid table without the points deduction, which the fans are only angry about because of the possiblity that it could relegate them. Big result for them.

Entitled and whining fans Evertonians. A lot of PL fans ditto.

They got what they deserved, only a year or 2 too late to have a meaningful effect.

Albeit they beat Chelsea today, could easily finish midtable irrespective.

Who says cheats never prosper eh.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Entitled and whining fans Evertonians. A lot of PL fans ditto.

They got what they deserved, only a year or 2 too late to have a meaningful effect.

Albeit they beat Chelsea today, could easily finish midtable irrespective.

Who says cheats never prosper eh.

And they think the punishment is overly harsh !!

Edited by AnAstonVillafan

• Admin
On 07/12/2023 at 21:27, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hope Everton go down that's for sure, cheats they are. Self righteous and entitled too. Hope the clubs pursue them for compensation too.

Suspect stuff should be looked at again by the relevant League or FA or someone.

HS2 feels like it was fast tracked or quicker than it would've been for a small business or home owner. Fact Aston Villa met a Government Committee I dunno, would most affected get to present to a Government Committee? Open to debate

Counterfactual is interesting. Had that loophole been shut forever ie never opened as UEFA didn't, I suspect Aston Villa either fail FFP getting a deduction or are hemmed in financially and don't get promoted in 2018-19.

Corrupt and wrong are 2 different things. One I hear most cited is Crystal Palace away but then again we can go back to Aston Villa being gifted a goal by Leeds without any strict obligation in 2019.

The start of bigger problems ???

Aston Villa have reported a loss of £119.6m in their latest accounts up to 31 May 2023.

The accounts cover a period that saw Villa finish seventh in the Premier League to qualify for Europe.

Villa say the figures are "in line with the strategic business plan" and within the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules.

PSR rules, introduced in 2015-16, permit losses of up to £105m in a three-year spell.

A statement read: "The owners of Aston Villa remain committed to the long-term and sustainable development of the club, and we look forward to continued progress on the delivery of our strategic plan."

Investments in infrastructure, the academy, charity foundation and women's football can be deducted from PSR figures. Clubs are also allowed to claim back losses incurred during the two seasons impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Villa made a profit of £300,000 in their 2021-22 accounts, helped by the sale of England midfielder Jack Grealish to Manchester City for £100m.

The Midlands club saw an increase in revenue of £217.7m in 2022-23, up from £178.4m in the previous year.

They spent £63.7m on new players including Diego Carlos from Sevilla for a reported £26m and Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona for £17m, while generating £22m from player sales.

Wage costs rose from £137m to £194.2m and the amortisation of player contracts also increased by £10m to £92.5m.

The club also sacked manager Steven Gerrard and replaced him with Unai Emery, who helped the club to their best league finish since 2009-10 and qualify for Europe for the first time in more than a decade.

Last summer they signed France winger Moussa Diaby from Bayer Leverkusen for a reported £51m and Spain centre-back Pau Torres from Villarreal for a reported £31.5m, though those figures will be included in next year's accounts.

TAKEN FROM:  Aston Villa report £119.6m loss for 2022-23 season - BBC Sport

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

The start of bigger problems ???

Aston Villa have reported a loss of £119.6m in their latest accounts up to 31 May 2023.

The accounts cover a period that saw Villa finish seventh in the Premier League to qualify for Europe.

Villa say the figures are "in line with the strategic business plan" and within the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules.

PSR rules, introduced in 2015-16, permit losses of up to £105m in a three-year spell.

A statement read: "The owners of Aston Villa remain committed to the long-term and sustainable development of the club, and we look forward to continued progress on the delivery of our strategic plan."

Investments in infrastructure, the academy, charity foundation and women's football can be deducted from PSR figures. Clubs are also allowed to claim back losses incurred during the two seasons impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Villa made a profit of £300,000 in their 2021-22 accounts, helped by the sale of England midfielder Jack Grealish to Manchester City for £100m.

The Midlands club saw an increase in revenue of £217.7m in 2022-23, up from £178.4m in the previous year.

They spent £63.7m on new players including Diego Carlos from Sevilla for a reported £26m and Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona for £17m, while generating £22m from player sales.

Wage costs rose from £137m to £194.2m and the amortisation of player contracts also increased by £10m to £92.5m.

The club also sacked manager Steven Gerrard and replaced him with Unai Emery, who helped the club to their best league finish since 2009-10 and qualify for Europe for the first time in more than a decade.

Last summer they signed France winger Moussa Diaby from Bayer Leverkusen for a reported £51m and Spain centre-back Pau Torres from Villarreal for a reported £31.5m, though those figures will be included in next year's accounts.

TAKEN FROM:  Aston Villa report £119.6m loss for 2022-23 season - BBC Sport

Once their Group Accounts available v headline numbers a clearer picture will emerge because a lot of their Allowables included within so far.

• Like 1