IGNORED

Todays matches

Davefevs

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

On the one hand;
I have a soft spot for Everton and were my 2nd team when I first started going to football. My mate who's season ticket is next to mine is still a member there.
On the other hand, I'd love to see them relegated so we could go next year. 

will the new ground be ready then?

1 minute ago, redsince1994 said:

Absolutely dominated them.

1-0 flatters City massively, a bit more composure up front and it would have been 4+.

Emery has made the difference at Villa. 14  unbeaten at home. Absolutely class manager who's a winner. They may not win the PL but they'll be in Europe with a chance of winning the competition they're in. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Emery has made the difference at Villa. 14  unbeaten at home. Absolutely class manager who's a winner. They may not win the PL but they'll be in Europe with a chance of winning the competition they're in. 

It really is painful as I hate Villa with a passion. The most arrogant bell-end fans on the planet IMO.

To think Watford Sacked Nige, then self imploded and gifted survival to Villa :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It really is painful as I hate Villa with a passion. The most arrogant bell-end fans on the planet IMO.

To think Watford Sacked Nige, then self imploded and gifted survival to Villa :(

I mean it is still perhaps doubtful that Watford stayed up. They would've had a greater chance though.

Was Man City at home and Arsenal away. Albeit behind closed doors and Arsenal did have the FA Cup final coming up. Aston Villa beat them after all a few days before.

24 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Absolutely dominated them.

1-0 flatters City massively, a bit more composure up front and it would have been 4+.

Sir Alex Ferguson was very complimentary of Villa when he saw them on the opening weekend of the season when they got thumped by Newcastle.

• Like 2

Almost sticks in my throat saying Villa deserved that. Not seen anyone dominate a long spell against Man City and create chances like Villa did tonight. Their keeper was there when needed.

Saw some of the Brighton game , that was good too . Enjoy watching Brentford and Brighton when they're on.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'll concede they have very much made the most of their spending and good fortune.

Never used to have a problem , used to quite like them and remember watching the European Cup.
Just the arrogance of their fans and the sense of entitlement . That and cheating. :ermm:

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Never used to have a problem , used to quite like them and remember watching the European Cup.
Just the arrogance of their fans and the sense of entitlement . That and cheating. :ermm:

Cheating or at least sketchy among the rules, luck and yeah the arrogance was supreme when they were at this level.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Very impressed with Villa this season. As long as they don't get distracted by Europe then I'd say they are more likely to get top 4 than Newcastle. 

City will still win the league tho. 

I was just about to say, I'm not sure after the points they dropped lately. I know they normally come good later on, but assumed they would be behind their points from last year. Not too far it seems, table has a similar look to last year.

Screenshot2023-12-06at22_59_17.png.0812d780d10082635333b3c1f6eba279.png

Screenshot2023-12-06at22_59_43.png.a6b4d4f9e932a4fe13cc04a26484cd70.png

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cooper allegedly expects the sack at Nottingham Forest, pre-dating today's game.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-steve-cooper-tells-friends-he-expects-nottingham-forest-sack-soon/

Entirely predictable. We’ve seen other clubs panic at the possibility of dropping out of the PL and sack their manager.

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Very impressed with Villa this season. As long as they don't get distracted by Europe then I'd say they are more likely to get top 4 than Newcastle. 

City will still win the league tho. 

I was impressed with Liverpool and Arsenal both won really tight games with Arsenal nicking the winner in added time and Liverpool finally seeing off the Blades also in added time.

The Premier League is really open this season - it’s difficult to call who’ll win in tho. Any of the current top 8 are all in with a shout.

Anyone hear Colin Murray last night talking about Forest and what a good job Steve Cooper had done with a virtual team rebuild every season .

He then went on to say some teams whatever they do seem destined to remain in the championship, citing Stoke and Bristol City as prime examples.

Harsh but fair ?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was impressed with Liverpool and Arsenal both won really tight games with Arsenal nicking the winner in added time and Liverpool finally seeing off the Blades also in added time.

The Premier League is really open this season - it’s difficult to call who’ll win in tho. Any of the current top 8 are all in with a shout.

Top 8?? Have you had your breakfast yet… Top 4 possibly.

9 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Anyone hear Colin Murray last night talking about Forest and what a good job Steve Cooper had done with a virtual team rebuild every season .

He then went on to say some teams whatever they do seem destined to remain in the championship, citing Stoke and Bristol City as prime examples.

Harsh but fair ?

Stoke have been in the Prem so that just leaves us. 
Which makes it sooooo freaking frustrating that we seemed to be making progress only to have the Pearson project derailed and restarted by a coaching team that have it all to prove. 

7 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Top 8?? Have you had your breakfast yet… Top 4 possibly.

If any club currently between 5 and 8 go on a run of top form one of them could win it. We can take if that the current top 4 will stay in the running and ultimately it’ll boil down who beat who.