IGNORED

Experienced manager needed…

formerly known as ivan

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone know of one?

I can’t prove anything obviously, but I would say an experienced championship manager would have got us 3 points at QPR and another 3 points today.

The board seeing that the grass isn’t always greener!

Listen to nostra ******* damus. Of course defeats like that have never happened to an experienced manager have they? Nigel never had that happen to him? 

• Like 5

The tactics and substitutions were baffling today Playing players out of position taking our better players off I just hope Manning is allowed to bring in 4 or 5 players of his own players in January so he can show us what he was brought in for, as at the moment he is no better manager than we already had .

What you could reasonably say about and expect from Nige, is that he would keep us in this division;  it might not be pretty, or exciting, and we would throw the odd one way late on, but he could keep this ship afloat.

With his successor, nobody can be reasonably sure of anything. We just don’t know. There's insufficient to go on.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, westonred said:

The tactics and substitutions were baffling today Playing players out of position taking our better players off I just hope Manning is allowed to bring in 4 or 5 players of his own players in January so he can show us what he was brought in for, as at the moment he is no better manager than we already had .

No better is generous but my flak is mainly aimed at hierarchy.

23 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

At least nige had earned the right to play the last 3 games, we have a mk dons reject who is trying to get us to play possession football with footballers who are incapable of doing it. What an upgrade that is.

I liked Pearson but his record was not that great and performances were even worse than what we’ve seen today over his last 7 games. What right does he have to decide what games he manages?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I liked Pearson but his record was not that great and performances were even worse than what we’ve seen today over his last 7 games. What right does he have to decide what games he manages?

He doesnt have the right to decide, but his dealing with the idiots running the club for the last few years meant he should have been given the rest of his contract, especially january to continue what he had started.

• Like 1

European manager needed, more like, I would say. Or we cast our net a little further than this little island and the home-grown coaches that wouldn't be getting jobs elsewhere in the non-English speaking football world. It's almost comical the way we continue to recruit for this position in the same way from the same "pool" as we have since before the 20th century got going, despite all the evidence pointing to the fact that English/UK coaches are not the best, not even in England. I am at this moment reminded of Carry On Up The Khyber where the Lansdowns are dining with Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Peter Butterworth and Joan Sims, continuing to select from the English "menu," whilst being shelled from those ghastly foreign chaps, and the ceiling and plaster falling around them as they carry on regardless. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone know of one?

I can’t prove anything obviously, but I would say an experienced championship manager would have got us 3 points at QPR and another 3 points today.

We’ve got an experienced manager. He experienced a good hiding at Swansea. He’s basically the main man at the football club now, and has brought in an ‘on the grass’ coach to do what he couldn’t. 

This won’t end well. 

• Flames 6

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone know of one?

We had an experienced Prem manager only a few weeks ago. WTF.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

At least nige had earned the right to play the last 3 games, we have a mk dons reject who is trying to get us to play possession football with footballers who are incapable of doing it. What an upgrade that is.

Have to give him a chance, but he is out of his depth IMO. No experience.

JL & BT appointment which strikes the fear of God in me!!!