IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

On 02/01/2024 at 12:20, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm going to this game with my 13 year old in the safe standing area. He's about average height for his age. Does anyone have experience of being in a safe standing area with young people - is he likely to be able to see the game clearly?

Obviously this will depend to some extent on who's in front of him, but just wondered generally if it's an issue. I know some safe standing areas in other stadiums don't permit children. The rake looks fairly steep in the upper tier, so I'm hoping it will be OK.

Just bumping this. Anyone know? Little bit concerned.

Was actually thinking of bringing a little folding step for him, but I see West Ham don’t let you bring in rucksacks (no bags bigger than A4), so I don’t think I’d get it in.

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just bumping this. Anyone know? Little bit concerned.

Was actually thinking of bringing a little folding step for him, but I see West Ham don’t let you bring in rucksacks (no bags bigger than A4), so I don’t think I’d get it in.

I've been in the safe standing a couple of times at Cardiff with my 11 year old boy with no issues, and I'm sure the rake at the London Stadium is steeper.

We're in the rail seats on Sunday too.

edit- if a giant is in front of you then your son can stand on his seat, I presume they won't be locked upright.

Edited by Stortz

20 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Driving up for this one & does anyone have suggestions for parking near to M4 and getting a tube to Stratford ? Thanks in advance.

20 hours ago, williad9999 said:

Ealing Broadway shopping center then  Elizabeth line direct to Stratford

We’re looking to do something similar. Is it relatively easy and reasonable in price to do this?

Anything on the way through worth visiting?

Thanks in advance👍🏻

Thank goodness there’s been no more rain, the line between Reading and Exeter has been closed today, between Exeter and Salisbury (Waterloo line) closed, many trains between Paddington and Bristol and return have been cancelled.

Just a waiting game now to see if things get back to normal tomorrow. As it sounds like security checks take a while at West Ham I don’t have a whole lot of spare time as it is…….and I’ve got a mates ticket! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lew-T said:

We’re looking to do something similar. Is it relatively easy and reasonable in price to do this?

Anything on the way through worth visiting?

Thanks in advance👍🏻

Here’s a good link for parking at Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre.  It’s a maximum of £12 for 24 hours and is a very short walk to Ealing Broadway station.  I think the car park is locked from midnight to 6am, so don’t leave it too late to collect your car after the match, if you choose that option.  https://www.ealingbroadwayshopping.co.uk/parking-ealing

There have also been some suggestions of using JustPark and that costs around £7.

There’s also limited parking opposite the station, so plenty of parking options near the station.

Note there’s a Tube strike on Sunday, though the Elizabeth Line isn’t part of the Tube, so will still run as normal  I’d recommend only parking somewhere near an Elizabeth Line station, if you’re parking anywhere in West London and then using public transport across the City.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Here’s a good link for parking at Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre.  It’s a maximum of £12 for 24 hours and is a very short walk to Ealing Broadway station.  I think the car park is locked from midnight to 6am, so don’t leave it too late to collect your car after the match, if you choose that option.  https://www.ealingbroadwayshopping.co.uk/parking-ealing

There have also been some suggestions of using JustPark and that costs around £7.

There’s also limited parking opposite the station, so plenty of parking options near the station.

Note there’s a Tube strike on Sunday, though the Elizabeth Line isn’t part of the Tube, so will still run as normal  I’d recommend only parking somewhere near an Elizabeth Line station, if you’re parking anywhere in West London and then using public transport across the City.

True there’s a tube strike but it’s not affecting the whole of the underground at least before the game, according to the TFL journey planner.

I’m travelling from Chiswick and you can get from Chiswick Park on the district line to Mile End then the central line to Stratford though you’re advised to complete journeys before 17.30 so fine before the game but have to get on your toes after.

Not sure if this was covered in a post earlier but anyways…

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Feral Williams said:

True there’s a tube strike but it’s not affecting the whole of the underground at least before the game, according to the TFL journey planner.

I’m travelling from Chiswick and you can get from Chiswick Park on the district line to Mile End then the central line to Stratford though you’re advised to complete journeys before 17.30 so fine before the game but have to get on your toes after.

Not sure if this was covered in a post earlier but anyways…

Yes thanks for expanding on that.  

I was mainly looking at people parking up near one of the  outer Tube stations and then tubing it in.  They’ll get to the match, maybe have a few beers after, then have hell’s work getting back to their car afterwords.  

I think Uxbridge for the Piccadilly Lane is a popular one, when travelling from Bristol, but I pity someone trying to get back there after the game, with a belly full of beer and no Piccadilly Line running.  That’s why I flagged that up, just in case anyone hadn’t realised.

Really knackered my plans, as I’m staying up there a couple of nights and planning to travel around a fair bit and always use the Tube.  Just my bleeding luck they’re striking until Thursday!😡

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Stortz said:

I've been in the safe standing a couple of times at Cardiff with my 11 year old boy with no issues, and I'm sure the rake at the London Stadium is steeper.

edit- if a giant is in front of you then your son can stand on his seat, I presume they won't be locked upright.

Thanks, that’s reassuring.

Interestingly it appears the rail seating at West Ham is just an adaptation of the existing seating, rather than a bespoke rail seat that can be locked in position.

Not sure I’d want my son standing on them though, that wouldn’t be very stable, particularly if you suddenly react to something on the pitch.

C898D326-A86D-45C0-B9BC-82F5317D275F.jpeg

8 hours ago, Stortz said:

Have a good day mate 

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Thank goodness there’s been no more rain, the line between Reading and Exeter has been closed today, between Exeter and Salisbury (Waterloo line) closed, many trains between Paddington and Bristol and return have been cancelled.

Just a waiting game now to see if things get back to normal tomorrow. As it sounds like security checks take a while at West Ham I don’t have a whole lot of spare time as it is…….and I’ve got a mates ticket! 

I think (hope) we’re lucky the match isn’t tomorrow- hopefully lines ok and trains in the right place by Sunday 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, archie andrews said:

What... Let in an unfortunate late own goal?..... 

cracking night in Nottingham that was , them forest boys didn’t expect little old Bristol city to rock up like that both on and off the field 

• Robin 2

Just now, redkev said:

cracking night in Nottingham that was , them forest boys didn’t expect little old Bristol city to rock up like that both on and off the field 

Was brilliant. Why I mentioned it (in yellow too!)

56 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yes thanks for expanding on that.  

I was mainly looking at people parking up near one of the  outer Tube stations and then tubing it in.  They’ll get to the match, maybe have a few beers after, then have hell’s work getting back to their car afterwords.  

I think Uxbridge for the Piccadilly Lane is a popular one, when travelling from Bristol, but I pity someone trying to get back there after the game, with a belly full of beer and no Piccadilly Line running.  That’s why I flagged that up, just in case anyone hadn’t realised.

Really knackered my plans, as I’m staying up there a couple of nights and planning to travel around a fair bit and always use the Tube.  Just my bleeding luck they’re striking until Thursday!😡

Don’t get me started on train / tube drivers 😡