IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

I've booked coach travel for the game but I haven't had an email confirmation. I can however see the booking in my Bristol Sport account, but it won't let me print it out. 

Does anybody know what you need to show to board the coaches? Will a screen shot of the booking suffice, or do they check you by name?

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I've booked coach travel for the game but I haven't had an email confirmation. I can however see the booking in my Bristol Sport account, but it won't let me print it out. 

Does anybody know what you need to show to board the coaches? Will a screen shot of the booking suffice, or do they check you by name?

Thanks in advance.

Just need to know what coach you're on. Say your name to the coach steward and they'll check you off on their list. 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yes, that’s how I see it. That is simply how “safe standing” has been implemented at the London Stadium.

There is a proscribed design for safe standing: these areas will be similar in appearance to the s82 area in the South Stand.

The pic that was posted, shown be the article I linked to, was an area with a safety rail. That was not a safe standing area.

Whether you have seats for a safe standing area, or whether they tacitly allow standing in the area shown is another matter 😀

Anyway, have a great day out. If we manage to pull it off, it will probably rank as a bigger technical achievement than the Liverpool win.

13 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

There is a proscribed design for safe standing: these areas will be similar in appearance to the s82 area in the South Stand.

The pic that was posted, shown be the article I linked to, was an area with a safety rail. That was not a safe standing area.

Whether you have seats for a safe standing area, or whether they tacitly allow standing in the area shown is another matter 😀

Anyway, have a great day out. If we manage to pull it off, it will probably rank as a bigger technical achievement than the Liverpool win.

Are you sure? 

it’s no different to “safe standing” at Ashton gate, all we have is scaffolding rails put in place. 

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Genuine question - are you suggesting the intention is for people to still be sitting in this area? Because surely that bar is going to obscure you view if you’re seated and looking down towards the pitch?

My interpretation is simply that this is their version of “safe standing”, and what we should expect to find in the away end on Sunday.

If it is as you say, I also don’t understand why West Ham would have this rail when other stadiums with an equally high rake don’t.

Edit - this article appears to support my theory. The headline refers to “safe standing” and then talks about the addition of a rail.

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2021/11/16/london-stadium-safe-standing-system-fitted/

280CEA3A-CB98-4D65-892B-ADB29062EADF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Are you sure? 

it’s no different to “safe standing” at Ashton gate, all we have is scaffolding rails put in place. 

Er, this is awkward. I think I'm wrong.

Many apologies @ChippenhamRed, I've just read up a bit (ahem, should've done it before), and found this https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN03937/SN03937.pdf

I am obviously years out of date, and thought rail seating was the only proscribed method. I even thought thats what we had in s82 @Wedontplayinblue.

I'll put myself on the naughty step for a short period!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Er, this is awkward. I think I'm wrong.

Many apologies @ChippenhamRed, I've just read up a bit (ahem, should've done it before), and found this https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN03937/SN03937.pdf

I am obviously years out of date, and thought rail seating was the only proscribed method. I even thought thats what we had in s82 @Wedontplayinblue.

I'll put myself on the naughty step for a short period!

Fair play, no apology needed and at least you had the balls to acknowledge it!

4 hours ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Had a quick scan through the thread but might have missed it…

What pub(s) is everyone aiming for?

Liverpool Street spoons I was told on an earlier post. Plenty of other boozers around there as well. 

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

For the avoidance of doubt, my understanding is that the Elizabeth Line is running from Paddington to Stratford AND BEYOND, for those us intending to board it somewhere between Reading and Paddington.

Yes the Lizzy line from Reading, Slough, Ealing etc doesn’t go to Stratford, so change at Paddington or any station after that as far as Whitechapel then take the train headed for Shenfield.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Had a quick scan through the thread but might have missed it…

What pub(s) is everyone aiming for?

Liverpool Street area. Probably not the Hamilton Hall spoons though; will be absolute chaos. Plenty of other options available a short walk away from the station.

4 hours ago, Flagon said:

I’m heading down now for the weekend from Weston-super-Mare, 12.02pm direct is on time. Hope for no problems tomorrow for anyone travelling down. You reds !

IMG_1851.jpeg

Being controversial isn’t it travelling up or over , not down 🤷

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Liverpool Street spoons I was told on an earlier post. Plenty of other boozers around there as well. 

That’s where West Ham fans use to drink when at Upton Park , obviously not the locals ( if there are any locals any more ) pretty sure many West Ham fans live outside the M25 area now and train/ tube ( if there not striking 😡) not many football fans in and around east Han / West Ham any more , think the local club there is Palestine Utd 

little boozer in Whitechapel for us 

Would like to see Weimann pushed forward alongside Tommy tomorrow with TGH playing right midfield and Knight alongside Williams/or James. Think that may help cope without Sykes.

Hoping there will be a decent stream...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, myol'man said:

Temple Meads to Custom House via the Elizabeth Line 

Why Custom House? You could Elizabeth line to Stratford and either walk or get the Overground to hackney Wick or dlr to somewhere like pudding mill Lane