IGNORED

Food prices

Redandproud

Why do Bristol Sport charge so much for the food, bought 2 sausage rolls yesterday, I was astonished how much they charged, I didn't notice the price until I got home and looked on my bank account, WHAT £8.10, WHY, yet outside the ground the pie man (, Clarke's) is only £1.60 ,pity he wasn't there yesterday, Bristol Sport ripping the fans off yet again, 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Why do Bristol Sport charge so much for the food, bought 2 sausage rolls yesterday, I was astonished how much they charged, I didn't notice the price until I got home and looked on my bank account, WHAT £8.10, WHY, yet outside the ground the pie man (, Clarke's) is only £1.60 ,pity he wasn't there yesterday, Bristol Sport ripping the fans off yet again, 

Yeah it’s very expensive, but that’s everywhere you go in fairness. Every sports event I’ve gone to recently prices are extortionate, not ideal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

Plus I have a fear with the new tactics being adopted throughout the club that any veggie sausage roll I ordered will be passed around endlessly between the BS staff, particularly those at the back, and by the time it reaches me it will be stone cold.

It’ll be all this tippy tappy stuff round the back, and will never reach the target. 

• Haha 4

It's been over priced and poor quality for years. I might buy a pie once or twice a year now just to see if they are any better and it's terrible everytime. You wouldn't mind the price of it was nice.

I buy food away from the ground. I can buy 3 burgers from one of those hot food cabinets you find in most small shops now a days and 3 bottles of coke and some extra sweets for the kids for about £15.00.

Again something else the club has lost a grip on.

2 hours ago, Magic Man said:

...and bottled water is £2.90. But you can ask for tap water - which I always do.

That is just a sign of them trying to make as much as they can out of the fans. They probably only pay 20p a bottle at most.

Edited by CS Red
Grammar

Until covid the pies and pasties were very tasty and not too expensive, I used to regularly have one, even that they were a bit expensive at least any profit would go to the club. Since though they have obviously changed their suppliers and they’re awful. I’ve noticed the queues have reduced as obviously other people feel the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Price aside, the quality has dipped massively. Food is as bad now as it was pre-rebuild, which is a real shame. 

Each to his own.

I wouldn't buy any food at the ground for donkeys years as I thought it was shite, disgusting at times. 

I now regularly buy food as I find it quite good, pricey but 100% better than pre-renovation.

The pies are especially good imo.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Each to his own.

I wouldn't buy any food at the ground for donkeys years as I thought it was shite, disgusting at times. 

I now regularly buy food as I find it quite good, pricey but 100% better than pre-renovation.

The pies are especially good imo.

Pre covid I’d have agreed, but this season especially it’s like they’ve resurrected the ghost of Lindleys catering. 

But like you suggest, foods subjective. 

Previously, I would yet a coffee from the coffee concession in the Lansdown at half time, this season the acceptable coffee is now served with UHT milk rather than fresh, and the chance to buy a donut (so we must assume we missed the announcement by our head of Communications as to why City withdrew from the Sugar Smart Campaign).

It has gone completely downhill.

Maybe they don't care because they are still serving at capacity and wastage is minimal even with inferior products, or it could be they don't care and will push things as far as they can, or the outside option, they don't realise the quality has dropped and no one has told them.

Most of the food outlets don't accept cash, so I don't support them. There are plenty of (cheaper) alternatives outside the stadium perimeter.

In reply to the price of bottled water made by the OP...

Iceland sells 24x500ml bottles of water for £3.75.
Bristol Sport will charge you £69.60 for the same......an extra £65.85 !!!

3 hours ago, Redandproud said:

I know what your trying to say but you can’t beat with a stick Bristol sport / Bristol city / Ashton gate holdings or whatever banner it comes under now , the prices at the gate are pretty much the norm if not a tad cheaper than a lot of entertainment venues , 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Most of the food outlets don't accept cash, so I don't support them. There are plenty of (cheaper) alternatives outside the stadium perimeter.

It’s not just Bristol sport I understand what people are trying to say but it’s an entertainment venue ( I use entertainment loosely ) all of these type of venues hike up the prices 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Each to his own.

The pies are especially good imo.  I can tell you like them🐷

11 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Out of interest, why don't you want to support cashless vendors?