IGNORED

Food prices

Redandproud

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm very happy for the club to charge at the price that maximises the revenue....

I really don't understand this view point. 

So basically you are saying, sell me any old shit, and charge me what you want. 

That you'll buy it, and feel great at being ripped off because the extreme profits will go to the club. 🤦

With that attitude, no wonder club owners couldn't give a toss about the paying public...let's face it...'fans' are just money mules. 

Meanwhile lower down the leagues...

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Just now, RedLionLad said:

I believe all customers should have the choice.

So with respect, and out of interest, why should I?

Personal choice, get that. Wasn't judging you.

I fined cashless easier (but not really any quicker) but I always have some cash on me as I don't want a single point of failure, such as a phone battery being out of juice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

That you'll buy it, and feel great at being ripped off because the extreme profits will go to the club. 🤦

With that attitude, no wonder club owners couldn't give a toss about the paying public...let's face it...'fans' are just money mules. 

Would I rather the club have a tenner than some bloke I don't know then yes I would as that increases the amount we can spend on the team

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Personal choice, get that. Wasn't judging you.

I fined cashless easier (but not really any quicker) but I always have some cash on me as I don't want a single point of failure, such as a phone battery being out of juice.

I'm probably hanging on to how we used to be. I've seen many occasions where modern technology has slowed down a process that used to be simple with cash payments.

The other week, one of the outside food outlets had a 'Cash Only' sign due to a system failure. There was no queue.

53 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Would I rather the club have a tenner than some bloke I don't know then yes I would as that increases the amount we can spend on the team

At what point do you say this quality is shit and this is too expensive?

Just asking on behalf of our CEO £££££

6 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Why do Bristol Sport charge so much for the food, bought 2 sausage rolls yesterday, I was astonished how much they charged, I didn't notice the price until I got home and looked on my bank account, WHAT £8.10, WHY, yet outside the ground the pie man (, Clarke's) is only £1.60 ,pity he wasn't there yesterday, Bristol Sport ripping the fans off yet again, 

The only thing I buy there is a cup of tea £2.25.

The rest is a collection of poor food and expensive drinks. With Sainsbury's and other food retailers just outside, and local pubs at both ends of the ground, I fail to see how anyone would go inside the ground for food or drink.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I don’t get the everyone else charges the same so it’s ok argument. We are being ripped off by all entertainment companies for food and drink and only way to get the message through to them is to stop buying it. 

I never (rarely - hot drink once in a blue moon) buy anything.  Take my own drinks and snacks for Joe and me.  It’s overpriced, simple as.

If I was going away to West Ham, taking your own food stuff is more difficult, so have to suck it up.  But Ashton Gate, I can prep my stuff.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Magic Man said:

...and bottled water is £2.90. But you can ask for tap water - which I always do.

Apologies if it was you that raised this a few weeks ago, but this was something that was highlighted to the club at a recent meeting. 

It was agreed that pricing was high, and that it it came from the Bristol Sport side of the business. 

It was being taken forward internally to raise concerns, but as it wasn't a Bristol City controlled pricing structure I'm not sure how much will change 

Of course many of the vendors are independently owned and run too. 

As a side issue it is being looked into to install more additional water points to provide free water

• Like 5

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Apologies if it was you that raised this a few weeks ago, but this was something that was highlighted to the club at a recent meeting. 

It was agreed that pricing was high, and that it it came from the Bristol Sport side of the business. 

It was being taken forward internally to raise concerns, but as it wasn't a Bristol City controlled pricing structure I'm not sure how much will change 

As a side issue it is being looked into to install more additional water points to provide free water

I did mention the price of water in another topic a few weeks back. Great that it has been fed back to the club at a higher level.
Water fountains would be a welcome addition to the concourse

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I'm probably hanging on to how we used to be. I've seen many occasions where modern technology has slowed down a process that used to be simple with cash payments.

The other week, one of the outside food outlets had a 'Cash Only' sign due to a system failure. There was no queue.

That'll be because nobody has cash on them

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Unfortunately these prices are the same everywhere at these sort of events, personally I wouldn’t pay them, the price of a pint is fair enough but food prices are scandalous 

For me I am more concerned about the queues. Last season you could leave your seat on the half time whistle, get in the long but fast moving queue for the coffee shop in the back of the Dolman concourse and be back in your seat ready for the kick off. They used to have 5 or 6 servers and the queue moved super fast. Now it is more fancy with just 2 servers and you would need to leave your seat on 40mins mark to get served and be back in your seat for the second half,

19 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Unfortunately these prices are the same everywhere at these sort of events, personally I wouldn’t pay them, the price of a pint is fair enough but food prices are scandalous 

You been to a chip shop recently ?

The price of a pie in the concourse (with ST discount) isn't too far off chip shop prices these days.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Why do Bristol Sport charge so much for the food, bought 2 sausage rolls yesterday, I was astonished how much they charged, I didn't notice the price until I got home and looked on my bank account, WHAT £8.10, WHY, yet outside the ground the pie man (, Clarke's) is only £1.60 ,pity he wasn't there yesterday, Bristol Sport ripping the fans off yet again, 

I'm a bit confused how you didn't know until you got home didn't they say "That will be £8.10"?

19 hours ago, spudski said:

Looking at that picture now I see why the people of Grimsby look like they do .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Ashton Gate has gone downhill last couple of years. Sports Bar is now rubbish on food, loaded fries only and you can only get there two hours before to get a table. Pizzeria days were the best. 

Concourse food has gone downhill too, pies were cold, had to have them returned. Seriously bad, even Guinness is not drinkable. 

Get Nige back in charge he’ll sort it 👀

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

You been to a chip shop recently ?

The price of a pie in the concourse (with ST discount) isn't too far off chip shop prices these days.

£11.50 for cod & chips at my local chippy 

On 04/12/2023 at 19:33, RedLionLad said:

I'm a user of both cash and card. Mostly card tho due to it being more widely available. However when I can I use cash because when you pay cash, you get more of a personal experience with the till assistant. You get a please and a thank you etc. 

With contactless most of the time the till assistants don't even inform you that the payment has gone through, let alone give a thank you. It's just very sterile. 

On 04/12/2023 at 22:39, Davefevs said:

I never (rarely - hot drink once in a blue moon) buy anything.  Take my own drinks and snacks for Joe and me.  It’s overpriced, simple as.

If I was going away to West Ham, taking your own food stuff is more difficult, so have to suck it up.  But Ashton Gate, I can prep my stuff.

I always head to b and m pre match these days. I'll spend less than a fiver on food and drinks for us all and that does us perfectly. 

On 05/12/2023 at 02:52, phantom said:

I've been to a few events at Ashton Gate during really hot weather and at times I felt really dehydrated due to poor availability of water. At concerts queues are ridiculously long so attempting to buy water when you need it is difficult (not that I feel you should have to buy water) I queued for over an hour to buy a beer at the Killers concert for example. 

At the Etihad they have things like this dotted around the stadium where you can fill up bottles, wash hands etc. It seems like they are sponsored so come at a minimal cost for Man City. 

Screenshot_20231206_101615_Photos.jpg