IGNORED

Food prices

Redandproud

On 04/12/2023 at 15:28, Sir Geoff said:

Surprised at anyone putting their hand in their pocket to bolster the Lansdown's nest egg tbh. Entrance fee only from me, and not for much longer with the bore fests being served on the pitch.

One thing I’ve noticed with our fan base compared to others is how quickly they forget about things and just accept the situation and carry on as normal . 

• Like 5

Not related to BCFC but to do with food & drink prices.  I went into one of our Cafe / Bars the other day and bought a 330ml bottle of Kronenbourg 1664 zero alcohol beer. This is not an establishment I usually frequent.  I went to pay as I left and was charged €6.00 for the drink. I was somewhat taken aback because I can buy a pack of 6 in the local supermarket for €4.60 or 2 bottles of wine for a few cents more.  Needless to say I shall not be returning in a hurry.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

One thing I’ve noticed with our fan base compared to others is how quickly they forget about things and just accept the situation and carry on as normal . 

Yes, and it didn't used to be like that.

We criticise Rovers' fans for their passiveness, where have their "sack the board" protests been over the years for example, but we have mostly gone the same way.

The sheer cost and being crammed into small seats makes for a very passive audience these days; most clubs are likely the same.

• Like 1

Just now, BigTone said:

Not related to BCFC but to do with food & drink prices.  I went into one of our Cafe / Bars the other day and bought a 330ml bottle of Kronenbourg 1664 zero alcohol beer. This is not an establishment I usually frequent.  I went to pay as I left and was charged €6.00 for the drink. I was somewhat taken aback because I can buy a pack of 6 in the local supermarket for €4.60 or 2 bottles of wine for a few cents more.  Needless to say I shall not be returning in a hurry.

That's fairly standard in the UK TBF, Wetherspoons excepted.

Sub £1 for can of beer in a supermarket, £6 for a pint in the pub.

I'm fairly surprised that France has gone that way, cheap booze and the one Euro, now 1.5 Euro, cold pint of local lager has always been an attraction of Mediterranean holidays.

• Like 1

On 04/12/2023 at 17:59, Ashtongreight said:

Until covid the pies and pasties were very tasty and not too expensive, I used to regularly have one, even that they were a bit expensive at least any profit would go to the club. Since though they have obviously changed their suppliers and they’re awful. I’ve noticed the queues have reduced as obviously other people feel the same.

Yep, agree. The pies were much better, you also had options like the pie and mash stall. And the burgers in the Dolman concourse were really excellent by any standard. Now that stall just serves beer.

Interesting about the queues. I never really found that to be a problem - there are so many outlets. But what I’ve noticed this season is that the few quality options left - principally the goat curry stall - now has much longer queues as a result. 

Agree with you about supporting the club. It’s one of the ways the club can afford the players at the wages that we all demand we get! 

Edited by italian dave

Bristol Sport should be vetting all food and drink vendors (as it's outsourced) to ensure the priority is the fans. Make the food and drinks good quality and affordable.

I do disagree with @Silvio Dante. The prices are not clear. Most of the time the electric board above the kiosks are advertising "Curry Pie, back better than ever!" but no price. It's not clear, it's a small paper sheet of costs often on the far end.

20 minutes ago, Selred said:

Bristol Sport should be vetting all food and drink vendors (as it's outsourced) to ensure the priority is the fans. Make the food and drinks good quality and affordable.

I do disagree with @Silvio Dante. The prices are not clear. Most of the time the electric board above the kiosks are advertising "Curry Pie, back better than ever!" but no price. It's not clear, it's a small paper sheet of costs often on the far end.

I think the problem is the scenes are on a cycle that scrolls through. So if you just miss the one with the prices you have to wait and watch til it comes up again. And when you look down from that, another 10 people have got into the queue in front of you! 

21 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think the problem is the scenes are on a cycle that scrolls through. So if you just miss the one with the prices you have to wait and watch til it comes up again. And when you look down from that, another 10 people have got into the queue in front of you! 

Honestly the other week, I was looking for a while and no costs came up! 

Mainly as I wanted to know what other pie options were...

19 minutes ago, Selred said:

Honestly the other week, I was looking for a while and no costs came up! 

Mainly as I wanted to know what other pie options were...

You might be right: can’t say I watch that closely nowadays because my destinations if I want some food inside the ground are either the curry stand, or the pulled pork baps on the jolly hog stand. Both of those have fairly obvious written prices on boards! They are worth a try - the only decent quality left. IMHO. 

I think choice of pies pasties sausage rolls and last game festive pasties which was lovely is quite adequate, prices are what they are at entertainment venues but quality of beers ain’t the best as larger is often flat but personally I stick to the bottled red wine which is fine 

up the city 

On 04/12/2023 at 15:16, Eddie Hitler said:

This is why I only ever pay cash.

If a seller is ripping you off then you know about it there and then and can walk away.

Tap your card and you may not know how much they are actually thieving off you.

They don't take cash down the ground so do you not buy food or drink there?

8 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

It's hard to believe that people can't last two hours grub free, and resort to buying the overpriced shite from the chiselling bastards.

Get that to a point, but midweek a lot of people go straight from work.

More surprising for me, is the number of people who are desperate to give the club money for a half time pint.

Sub-premium pints, at a premium price to be forced down in 15 minutes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigTone said:

Having been forced to give up alcohol (heart problem) I cant get over the price of zero alcohol lager, a major portion  of the price of a alcoholic drink is duty/tax, so why is zero alcohol lager/beer the same bloody price ? robbing bastards.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Having been forced to give up alcohol (heart problem) I cant get over the price of zero alcohol lager, a major portion  of the price of a alcoholic drink is duty/tax, so why is zero alcohol lager/beer the same bloody price ? robbing bastards.

Isn't that something to do with the brewing process, it is brewed with alcohol and then the alcohol is removed in an additional process?

(I might have made that up).

But I agree, non alcoholic drink prices do nothing to reward the healthy, drivers or non drinkers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Isn't that something to do with the brewing process, it is brewed with alcohol and then the alcohol is removed in an additional process?

But I agree, non alcoholic drink prices do nothing to reward the healthy, drivers or non drinkers.

Strange then that the added cost of removing the alcohol magically makes it equal to the full price of regular beer/lager etc... just a coincidence im sure.... nah they are robbing bastards.

Edited by tts_city

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Or you could just go for water - cut out both bits of the process. And still costs as much!!

I think choice of pies pasties sausage rolls and last game festive pasties which was lovely is quite adequate, prices are what they are at entertainment venues but quality of beers ain’t the best as larger is often flat but personally I stick to the bottled red wine which is fine 

up the city 

On 06/12/2023 at 23:38, W-S-M Seagull said:

I quite fancied the look of the Yorkshire pudding wraps on Sunday. 

Then I saw the price 11 quid! Then I suddenly didn't fancy one.

Sorry but I can go out for an actual carvery for cheaper than that. 

I did and I must say it was really good. Save up and push the boat out this weekend!