IGNORED

Club shop - shocking lack of merchandise and shirts

Shauntaylor85

19 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

The club shop has been an embarrassment ever since the rebuild .  It’s gotta be the smallest club shop in the efl and it’s barely half filled with city merchandise. 

I went into Portsmouth’s club shop pre season to pick up tickets and the difference between ours and theirs was staggering.

Also going into other championship club shops over the years their retro merchandise is a massive seller and yet we don’t seem to bother , massive change is needed at city and hopefully if we do get a buyer it won’t be as a Bristol sport package and Ashton gate can finally get back to representing city instead of rugby billboards everywhere.

Agreed. Went to Pompey’s shop last season. Makes Bristol City look tinpot.
Remember, the AG ground I believe is BRISTOL SPORT (hate it), not Bristol City. Which just puts this thread in context. Embarrassing offering by Bristol Sport.

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Also , casual tops , why is there nothing worth having in red ? 

Why they can’t stock stuff like this in a range of colours, I’ve no idea. 

Could do them with the different badges from down the years. Reckon they’d do well 

https://oldschoolfootball.co.uk/products/bristol-city-1970s-football-polo-sizes-s-xxxl-embroidered-logo?variant=42543598174452&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAiA98WrBhAYEiwA2WvhOnXf8mJ0z_PhgW9xY-IVL8YbdSLoc0aJ8h2tkgMiwt0nH9iXzdlKRBoCbMQQAvD_BwE

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Thanks, that is exactly what I have been looking for. Sure it would sell well as not every one wants , or fits , a replica shirt.

14 hours ago, glynriley said:

Hoodies look decent quality as well.

Of course, if the club were to stock them they'd charge about £65 for those!

14 hours ago, glynriley said:

A while back, I was near buying a top that had our current Robin on the front, thought it looked good and discreet . Before I did I noticed it had the same on the back that took up the whole back. Some times you just want classic and subtle . They would never go out of fashion and the logo is here to stay so would sell year in year out. Same with these retro ones.
It's amazing how we aren't even up to the levels of a Porta cabin from 40 years ago.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

A while back, I was near buying a top that had our current Robin on the front, thought it looked good and discreet . Before I did I noticed it had the same on the back that took up the whole back. Some times you just want classic and subtle . They would never go out of fashion and the logo is here to stay so would sell year in year out. Same with these retro ones.
It's amazing how we aren't even up to the levels of a Porta cabin from 40 years ago.

We just don’t do discreet.

Our merchandise lacks both subtlety and class. Been that way for years. 

Yes the old porta cabin in the Grandstand car park was like a tardis, an Aladdin’s cave packed with treasures and a thing of great delight.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Football merchandising for clubs really isn't that hard to get right either. I don't see why the club have been continually poor with it for years. I was disappointed it wasn't raised at the Fans Forum

Because most of the time was spent on important matters such as where away fans are positioned. 

57 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because most of the time was spent on important matters such as where away fans are positioned. 

That’s used to be A&S police directive who decide where away fans should go (whether that still applies I don’t know) and because of easy access to Ashton Rd the Atyeo was the obvious choice.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Robbored said:

The shop is just too small and consequently has limited space for a wider selection of stock. 

That said where else around the stadium could the shop go?

The club is bigger than many outlets, it's poorly managed and designed 

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s used to be A&S police directive who decide where away fans should go (whether that still applies I don’t know) and because of easy access to Ashton Rd the Atyeo was the obvious choice.

Is that an actual fact or Chinese whispers? 

I've never heard of a police force dictating where away fans are positioned. 

Look on the brightside... 

If you think about the police are about public safety and have an essential say when it comes to overseeing public events - like a match at AG particularly if it’s an opponent where there’s a history of trouble between the fans.

The same applies at pretty much every club and precisely why stadiums have away fan sections.

I remember talking to the late Colin Sexstone about this very issue and although it was 25+ years ago he explained why the away fans are located. Its an A&S police directive because of public safety management.

I can’t imagine that’s changed in the years since.

18 hours ago, glynriley said:

Excellent, thanks for that. Xmas sorted for me as there's fa in the club shop

If you think about the police are about public safety and have an essential say when it comes to overseeing public events - like a match at AG particularly if it’s an opponent where there’s a history of trouble between the fans.

The same applies at pretty much every club and precisely why stadiums have away fan sections.

I remember talking to the late Colin Sexstone about this very issue and although it was 25+ years ago he explained why the away fans are located. Its an A&S police directive because of public safety management.

I am wondering how other clubs manage it.

Clearly the Safety Advisory Group are important, in this instance the police would have a major say, perhaps even an effective power of veto..

I think I know what you are saying though it's not so much in rather than outside the ground?

What does not help at all is the sheer secrecy of our SAG. It is generally deemed good practice to have a Fan Representative present- ours however haven't published anything since July 2014!

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Robbo - I’d just like to thank you for your logical posts above fully explaining, and sources given, as to why the away fans are in the Atyeo. It’s this level of due diligence that’s missing on the forum sometimes, and to know that Colin told you the fans were located in the Atyeo 25 years ago due to a police directive is useful info.

Except for the sodding fact that they were in the east end at that time and until about 2013.

• Haha 7

59 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Robbo - I’d just like to thank you for your logical posts above fully explaining, and sources given, as to why the away fans are in the Atyeo. It’s this level of due diligence that’s missing on the forum sometimes, and to know that Colin told you the fans were located in the Atyeo 25 years ago due to a police directive is useful info.

Except for the sodding fact that they were in the east end at that time and until about 2013.

Were they? I really don’t remember away fans ever  being in the old EE, but I do remember the Sheffield Wednesday fans in the days when Trevor Francis was their manager in the open end (where the Atyeo is now is) when it was snowing heavily and the PA system ( you could hear it back then) that trains from Temple Meads had been cancelled………:rofl2br:.That would have been the early 90s before the Atyeo was built

So…..that’s where away fans have been for several decades.

• Haha 1

There were home fans in the Atyeo from 1993 or was it 1994 solely until 2013 or 2014 was it,then during the redevelopment some away fans in 2014-15, then split beyween home and away in 2015-16 and 2016-17.

Then solely the odd Cup game aside, for away fans from 2017-18 to present.

I think @Robbored might be referring to the East End pre all-seater as being home only.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Were they? I really don’t remember away fans ever  being in the old EE, but I do remember the Sheffield Wednesday fans in the days when Trevor Francis was their manager in the open end (where the Atyeo is now is) when it was snowing heavily and the PA system ( you could hear it back then) that trains from Temple Meads had been cancelled………:rofl2br:.That would have been the early 90s before the Atyeo was built

Serious question  - do you actually go to the ground. They were there from the time the Atyeo opened in 1993 until the redevelopment 20 years later….

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There's seems to be a pattern of you being oblivious to what's going on - you never seem to see or hear anything. 

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Serious question  - do you actually go to the ground. They were there from the time the Atyeo opened in 1993 until the redevelopment 20 years later….

Of course I go to AG and have done since I was 12.

I’m amazed by some posters recollections - I’d forgotten when the Atyeo was built and it seems I’ve forgotten that away fans were ever in the EE…………:cool2: