IGNORED

Sam Bell

old_eastender

Just now, old_eastender said:

Another ineffective performance today, don't think he has had a positive impact on a game since Stoke at home.

Maybe when Wells is fit, a loan to a league 1 club might be a good idea for Sam to try and get his mojo back?

He’s definitely dropped off.   But I do think it’ll take the younger lads who came up under Pearson some time to adjust.  It’s a natural by product when managers change - in all walks of life. - but especially so when you’re young.  Just need time.   Same with Tommy.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Another ineffective performance today, don't think he has had a positive impact on a game since Stoke at home.

Maybe when Wells is fit, a loan to a league 1 club might be a good idea for Sam to try and get his mojo back?

Oh the luxury of being able to send squad players out on loan,I guess you have a master plan who is going to replace him 

• Like 4

Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

Well just for balance, Pearson once played him as a right wing back for three disastrous games. 

It was two, he was fine in one of them and we were absolutely desperate with literally nobody fit at the club that played in that position.

Today Cameron Pring was on the bench watching Sam Bell play left wingback for crying out loud.

• Like 2
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

It was two, he was fine in one of them and we were absolutely desperate with literally nobody fit at the club that played in that position.

Today Cameron Pring was on the bench watching Sam Bell play left wingback for crying out loud.

He wasn't fine, hence the surprise when he started the next. 

• Like 1

Just now, wheretheheartis said:

I don't get where people think he's fast, at times today, his tracking back looked like he was running in quick sand.

Yep. I just mentioned this on the match thread. 
I’ve never understood the ‘pace’ comments with Bell. I’ve never seen it. 
Today at times it looked like he was on a treadmill. So slow. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, wheretheheartis said:

I don't get where people think he's fast, at times today, his tracking back looked like he was running in quick sand.

Probably comes from fsir few of the first team squad saying he’s the quickest, tbf 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cxsvc7ioHbX/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Yes short on numbers makes sense to loan him out...

12 minutes ago, wheretheheartis said:

It’s not just him though,do we actually have a pacy forward or a strong centre forward,Conway is probably the fastest but he’s not quick and as for strong centre forward I guess we have cornick,Jesus it’s depressing 

42 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

He, like Conway, play so much better when Wells is in the team.

He’s starting to remind me of O’Dowda. Has no bottle to try and take a man on the outside and get in a foot race. He has limited footballing intelligence. He will get the odd goal when the ball lands at his feet in a good position.

LW is starting to become the biggest priority for recruitment.

6 minutes ago, Henry said:

He’s starting to remind me of O’Dowda. Has no bottle to try and take a man on the outside and get in a foot race. He has limited footballing intelligence. He will get the odd goal when the ball lands at his feet in a good position.

LW is starting to become the biggest priority for recruitment.

Are you suggesting he’s a championship grealish 

I think Bell has been awful this season and I don't think it's just down to poor form, he looks out of his depth at this level and it shows big time he needs to drop down a level on loan its unfair on him the team and us not sure how he gets so many games under his belt I'd hope it has nothing to do with tinion though 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Not a chance he goes on loan. We're short on numbers as it is.

And even if we were well stocked, I'm not sure anyone would be going from first team regular to a loan in the league below.

100%.

He’s struggled for form for a while but he’s not going anywhere, as we have barely enough players for a match day squad even when 2 or 3 of those injured return.

Someone posted a week or so ago that Conway needed a league one loan too, absolutely mental.

Bell probably needs a spell on the bench but as we haven’t had a full one in any game since Manning took over he’s not going on loan.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

I think Bell has been awful this season and I don't think it's just down to poor form, he looks out of his depth at this level and it shows big time he needs to drop down a level on loan its unfair in him the team and us not sure how he gets so many games under his belt I'd hope it has nothing to do with tinion though 

He scored 4 in our first 9 games, so that’s a bit of a re-write of history, isn’t it?

He’s been poor of late but let’s not start pretending that was the case earlier in the season.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, frenchred said:

My opinion Sam Bell will not make it with us, or anyone else, at this level

It's Tinnions judgement that put him on a pedestal and we all know what his eye for a player was during his management tenure

Ah don't talk badly about one of our 'Star Boys' like that.

In seriousness, we overrate our academy kids due to the success of Scott and Kelly. Arguably Scott wasn't produced by ourselves. Bell isn't good enough for this level.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1